Bait's son
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Bait's son

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

I never met Bait. From what I know he was a friend to many. However, his son's actions cannot and should not be ignored. I am asking he be placed on trial for the murder of the pretty little gypsy girl who was barely more than a child and for the death of Cain who despite his request this be dropped was also murdered. Nearly the whole town saw these actions and are too cowardly to make a decision. I am making one. I want him brought to justice.

If our local Magistrate will not issue the warrant then I will go to the Thane and ask for one.

Further, I believe that our town's member Twilight was personally involved. Even if she did not swing a sword it was her son who did the killings shortly after she declared that her son would kill the gypsy if he saw her. I find it highly suspicious that suddenly her son appears in town and without hesitation marches into the inn and kills the girl. I want her brought to trial for conspiring to commit murder. If she is innocent then per our King's laws she can prove that at trial. I am certain if she had nothing to do with it and was an innocent bystander then her trial will exonerate her.

What say you Magistrate?

Oh and before you answer I'm volunteering to hunt down the Greater Wear Wolf. I am asking Kathryn to accompany me as she is the local Cavalier for this Barony and has the authority to hunt him.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Re: Bait's son

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Wow, It looks like I missed some stuff!

Daniel, Do we know if she was a tax paying member of the town. I know I have not collected any taxes from her, but will check with my bosses. If she was a tax payer, than by law, a trial must be held becasue she has some protections. If not, it's up to the magistrate.

She was killed becasue she was infected by a disease. Ouch!
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Maka
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Maka »

What the hell? When did this happen?

And I totally have potions that cure that crap. We shouldn't be beating people down for it.

Rowan has asked that it be dropped? I don't know what to do about that. Last time someone asked for something to be dropped Jack told me to drop it. I dont know proceedure yet.

If nothing else, i will bring him in if he is ever in town again.
Captain of the Town Guard
Hordemaster of Maka's Bludgeon and Brew
Member of the Alchemist Guild
Sadly resigned from House Mandalor
Res Ipsa
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Res quirks an eyebrow* "Wait... she was a were-creature and we have a problem with her dying? Hell... what if she bit someone and infected them with her disease? Didn't we just slaughter a whole bunch of werewolves last moon? I'm confused."

"From what I hear, didn't Rowan assault the guy first by grabbing him, refused to let go, and then stood there and just took the hits until he was pummeled to death? I'm sorry, but if someone grabs ME and refuses to let me go, as far as I'm concerned if I hit him, it's self defense. If he doesn't let go and I continue to hit him... well then he's just stupid."

"And who said anything about a greater Werewolf? What does that have to do with anything?"
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Addressing Daniel*

"I spoke to the constable that night to have him bring in the son for questioning and a trial, but with this new information it would appear that Twilight needs to be brought in too. Hopefully Lochlain will not mind doing that as well."

*Addressing Res*

"From what I had heard she was able to control herself and therefore would not have been a threat."
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Res shrugs* I wasn't there. I've never heard of a were-creature that was able to control itself though. They're always crazy in the tales I heard. Maybe she was just biding her time, or was pickin' someone to reproduce with by bitin' them and infectin' them with her diseases."
Master Seer
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

As I believe they have left town once an order to apprehend for questioning / trial is issued it becomes the jurisdiction of the Cavaliers not the constable.

@Res: Rowen stepped in front of a creature murdering a human. Her status as a Gypsy is irrelevant. Her status as an individual infected with a disease is irrelevant. If it was felt necessary to have her tried for her affliction that would have been an appropriate action. Killing her, cutting her apart and at least removing her head, and taking the corpse to prevent raising were not. It seems to me that among all those present only Rowen acted as a hero, and yes I just said that.

@Maka: I thought you were there, however, there were so many telling me what had happened that I may have been confused. There were a lot of people who sat and watched an innocent young woman ripped apart by Bait's son, who just so happens to also be a greater werewolf himself. What that means is a very long explanation, but basically they claim to not be lycan's but rather something else. Also, his wish / lack of wanting a trial or punishment for someone murdering him is irrelevant.

@ Kenric whatever Twilight's involvement it seems highly suspicious that he just happened to appear with Twilight at his side in such short order after she divined into this gypsy's condition and informed us all that her son would kill her once he found out. Heck for all I know someone else told him and Twilight was doing her best to control him and Twilight was unable to do so. In which case, he is someone with were powers who is unable to control / be controlled... which if I recall the case law means he is violating that law as well. Only a full trial will get to the justice and the answers.

There are laws in this Kingdom. If you don't like someone and feel they are violating those laws you bring it to a magistrate. You don't go get your greater werewolf son to come and butcher someone.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Look, I'm not a member of Devris, but... since when are were-creatures considered human? I know plenty of people, soldiers even, who would cut a werewolf down on sight without arresting them and "trying them for an affliction". Seems your logic hinges on what is defined as "human", and I don't think "were-cat" would qualify anymore than a vampire, or zombie, or werewolf, or anything else that *USED* to be human, but was transformed into something else.

So if a vampire was hanging around the inn being all friendly we wouldn't gut one of THEM? Some things are just naturally dangerous. Were-creatures are one of those things. Now it may be different if Bait's son is a greater werewolf... i dunno... never heard of them. Maybe they aren't dangerous if they aren't the same species or whatever.

As for Winter, you're already talking like she's guilty. You got no proof she did anything wrong... all you have is a statement she made that if her son were there he would kill that were-cat, and then later her son came in and killed it. It doesn't mean she was involved. I would think she would know her son well enough to know he wants to protect people from gettin' diseases by killing vicious were-creatures and she simply made a comment to that effect.

If I say "Hey, I think Bob would eat that sandwhich if he were here, then I leave, and Bob comes in and eats the sandwhich. It doesn't mean I made Bob eat it. It's probably just a coincidence. It doesn't prove that Bob and I conspired for him to eat a sandwhich... it just means I know that Bob likes sandwhiches."
Master Seer
Maka
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Maka »

Didn't we JUST cure a bunch of those things? Shit I have some potions in my pocket that can fix that.
Bloodharp
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Bloodharp »

"Everyone, I talked to the were-cat's cousin, Raymond about her shortly after her murder. He claims that her abilities are from a curse, not a disease. She was cursed by another gypsy to be able to turn into a feline at will, and be under full control of it. Considering that she was in town for at least several moons by my understanding and has yet to bite a single individual, or at least failed to turn anyone if she has, it would lead me to believe that she is not contagious. That little fox-man running around spoke highly of her as well. I witnessed both murders, so if it comes to trial, I'd be more than happy to bear witness and give testimony."
"Also, as a side-note, I have a nice gash on my forehead from where I tried to stop the attack on her, to which he simply turned and slashed at me twice"
Flamyras Kathson of the Sky - Retired
Grout "Mortimer" of the Order of the New Dawn
Dawn Silvermourne the Scholar
"foras sesto pondero ver"
Maka
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Maka »

(OOG: i need to know if that sandy character was the same one that volunteered for the town guard. maka would recognize them as the same person, but because of the amount she NPCs I'm not sure)
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

I am in complete agreement with Res on this. And, I know that Winter did not send Luthien in here to kill the were-cat. As I was outside talking with them before this happened and she did not tell him to do anything.

And Maka, the potions that we used on the werewolves last month only work if the creature has not transformed, yet. And, they are only for werewolves, not werecats. I had heard that when winter consulted the stars, she found the creature was a lesser werecat and not in control.

(OOG: I was informed at NPC camp that the werecat was an NPC that she was playing. Also, Luthien is a PC character of Evan's.)
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Head of the Healer's and Charity's Guild of Midway
Player Ombudsman
Weapon Marshall
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

"Whether or not we're considering the gypsy human doesn't matter, he still killed Rowan, and whether or not Rowan wants to pursue the matter makes no difference. The son will still be tried for murder."
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
Maka
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Maka »

*maka nods at Lochlainn*

Okay, makes a bit more sense to me.

Locky, what do we do if someone breaks the law but the person offended doesn't want to pursue it?

'Cause Hamilcar stole from Raymond, but raymond got his stuff back eventually and didn't care in the end. I personally think he should still be prosecuted because now he says that he was "cleared" of the offense which isn't true at all!! Jack just decided if raymond didn't care he didn't care. But He still stole.

What do we do in those circumstances?

And who the heck is Bait?
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Res Ipsa wrote:Look, I'm not a member of Devris, but... since when are were-creatures considered human?
Yes, you are right, you are not. Since you haven't been around very long, and since you are not DeVris, you would not know that there is precedent for this type of issue. Certain were-creatures, if they are fully in control of themselves and can prove it, are considered human and maintain their protections and rights of humans. Further, if she wasn't even infected, but instead cursed, then that would be taken into consideration as well.