Vittle's Kitchen brings you a Winter Solstace Feast!
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Vittle

Vittle's Kitchen brings you a Winter Solstace Feast!

Post by Vittle »

Check my most current post for information about the Winter Solstice Feast... such pricing and menu
Last edited by Vittle on Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Daerm
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Daerm »

Besides the wonderful steak and stew dishes, maybe something like a stir fry? You know, mongolian bbq style. A bit of meat, a few veggies, a little oil, shouldnt be too tough. Dont know if a fire pit would work with that though.

Also, how about some sandwiches that people can carry with them? I know I like to eat a bit between the meals ;)

D
Daerm Doublenix
Student of the late Tee Toecrusher
"I ain't a damn gnome!!!" *shakes fist in frustration*
Mylo Fynnigan
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Drooolllll

Post by Mylo Fynnigan »

*Mylo perks up at the mention of food, sets down his mug and clears his throat.*

Well from the reports that I heard on the lovely cuisine from last moon I would have to say that I have become a bit jealous in the past few weeks since.
While I was eating dust on the road from Ports End, everyone was dining on.....what was it? Steak and stew? Just throw a nice loaf of sourdough type bread, at the least *winks at Mary Baker if she is present* and I can die a happy, happy........

*trails off, as his eyes glaze over at the thought of such wonderful ideas*

Oh yessss, I could perhaps keep you in silks for quite a while if you were to bring along more of that wonderful jerky that you had.

*Mylo puts on his winningest smile and takes a sip from his mug*
Spiff Fizzhlebohp
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Spiff Fizzhlebohp »

I was wondering...Is there going to be a general price for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or is it going to depend on what is served. What I mean is is breakfast going to cost x amount, and so on and so forth.

I would also really like to have a roast. Any animal will do, but something slow cooked over an open fire with some herbs and spices.

*Spif wipes a tear from his eye*

Its just so wonderful...
Spiff Fizzhlebohp
Do you wish to know the secrets of your most hated foe....I know them all and so can you.
Vittle

Vittle's little bites gets better!

Post by Vittle »

Not only would I like to know what all you fabulous hungry folk would like to dine on, but I would also like to hear what you would spend on the meals you suggest. For example, were I to dine at someone elses table and order roast fowl with mushrooms in gravy, I would expect to pay say... at least 6 pemb, but I also travel far and wide, and I know the value of other currency. Perhaps I would be willing to pay 5 dollars I think they are called.
Another example, say I were not terribly hungry and just wanted to snack on something, pick up a sandwich or some such.... Like cold cut meat on thick bread with cheese and mayhaps some veggie. I would pay perhaps 3 pemb for such a sandwich, or 2 of those dollars. ( I get the chance to trade with them often enough that I can accept them)

Oh! by the way! How does roasted turkey drumsticks, with rolls, gravy, some vegetable, or mashed potatoes sound? I am also pretty good at various stir fry, and an open fire imparts a unique and mouth watering hint of woodsmoke to veggies and meat alike. Mmmmm... I love to cook!!
Spiff Fizzhlebohp
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Spiff Fizzhlebohp »

Yeah that sounds good. And the prise thing also seems fair. Go with that.
Spiff Fizzhlebohp
Do you wish to know the secrets of your most hated foe....I know them all and so can you.
Daerm

Post by Daerm »

*belly grumbles with the thought of all the great food...*
Daerm Doublenix
Student of the late Tee Toecrusher
"I ain't a damn gnome!!!" *shakes fist in frustration*
Vittle

Post by Vittle »

This coming December there will be a feast of special design. In honor of Winter, I will be holding a very fine feast indeed. Starting with breakfast, there will be sweet rolls with raisins, dried cherries, pecans and icing. Scrambled eggs with light onion and ham, sausage and a full Hash made with potatoes, bacon, onions, and shredded beef. To drink will be hot tea, coffee, hot cocoa, or orange juice.
Lunch will be served at the inn and will be sandwiches made to order with cold cut meat, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and various dressings.
The dinner feast will be served in the Inn, with Bombour's consent of course! There will be roasted Goose with a delicious glaze, stuffing and savory gravy. Sweet potatoes with butter and honey, garlic mashed potatoes, and flaky twists of bread. To drink will be anything on tap with Bombour, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, milk, and fruit punch.
Dessert (which is still up to change) will either be Pumpkin cheesecake or another sweet cake.
I have pre-determined all prices from this point out.
Breakfast: 2 dollars, and 1 verlan
Lunch: 2 dollars, and 1 verlan
Dinner: 5 dollars, and 4 verlan
I need to take both, to cover cost to myself out of game, as well as cost in game. I hope this will not be a problem. These will be standard prices for all the months I am in town. Barter will be negotiated on a personal basis.
Please feel free to express your personal opinions on this matter as soon as possible so that I can ponder any changes before next month.
ALSO, I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING THE FEAST!! THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BE THERE WILL AFFECT THE WHOLE MEAL!! SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
And a side note, I like to make potions as well, though I am not as skilled as some, my monetary requirement is low.
Lee Priest
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lee Priest »

First of all your food is wonderful and the prices are just fine. Although at this moment I am not making as much as you are asking. I will just have to boost my trade up a bit and perhaps start looking for more work.
But to be all practical prices are expected to rise and fall with the economy. So don't fret over the simple stuff. You food is well worth the small price. Thank you for comming to our aid.
"Victory belongs to the most perservering and the best skilled.”
Lee Priest
Gladiator