Vitality Ritual
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Anya
Drinking Contest Contender

Vitality Ritual

Post by Anya »

Anya walks into the Inn and addresses those that are there, “I need to share the information that I have in regards to the Ritual of Vitality Restoration. I had spoken with Wesley at the last gather, but I feel like the information was not completely passed out to the town due to the chaos of Orc season.”

“The man that Dietrich and I used influence in May to contact to come and perform the Ritual is the High Ritualist of Windcrest and the Servant of the Phoenix. In exchange for coming and doing this for us, he has asked permission to make his own copy of the Ritual and one bar in cut gems.”

She pauses and unrolls a piece of parchment, “He also has the following demands that must be met if we want the ritual to succeed:

1 ) He is to be provided with two dedicated bodyguards for the duration of the ritual. These individuals must be able to block, parry, and spell parry in his name as he will not be able to defend himself once he begins the ritual. (If we do not have two individuals capable of this, he will accept one with a mage standing by to grant more defenses to the protector should they be needed)
2 ) The basic enhancement to his protections as would be granted by a protection mage. (Protection buff slot)
3 ) Four resist magic spells cast upon himself prior to the ritual.
4 ) Two tenth rank ice armor spells cast upon himself prior to the ritual.
5 ) A "Great Toughness" alchemy
6 ) A Candle of Life Restoration be available for use at his discretion upon the completion of the ritual (he will only ask that it be burned if necessary)
7 ) A portal back to Vannaphusak or Silverthorne City upon completion of the ritual
8 ) If we have someone in town capable of granting a Paladins Blessing, he would greatly appreciate that as well.
9 ) A life restoration effect for him should things go horribly wrong.
10 ) These conditions are not negotiable, but if we have alternative means of providing similar protection and assurances he will accept those.”

“Dietrich and I have both performed Rituals, so we need the town to be aware that if the Ritualist is harmed in any fashion during the Ritual performance, it will be disturbed and if the Ritualist is unable to contain it, it will then backlash to every single person in sight of the Ritual. I know you are thinking that one bar in cut gems is a lot, when Ziggy has the ability to cast the Ritual now, but I caution you that if anything goes wrong with Ziggy at maximum capacity to start the ritual, there will be absolutely no room for error. If we pay this gentleman and have him come and assist in the ritual, we will have more wiggle room… especially since he said he is going to bring the “Blessing of the Phoenix” with him to aid us all in fighting Death.”

“For set up on this, it needs to be done outside as walls can interrupt the magical flow. It cannot be done under a dimensional ward as it will block the return of the Vitality to those invested in the Circle. It cannot be done inside a Circle of Protection as that blocks all magic flowing across it. Suggested time to perform the ritual was noon as those that serve death will be limited to only those that can function in daylight in coming to fight us.”

She rolls up the parchment and looks around, “Any questions?”
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
midwinterdreams

Re: Vitality Ritual

Post by midwinterdreams »

Raedir looks up, "Two questions. One have you done rituals since the breaking or was that before? Second is it this specific ritual that does not work with a protection mage circle? Because we have seen enemies use protection circles while doing rituals before."
Raedir Haedren aka "Treeman"
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
raymond
House Jakoric
House Jakoric
Location: Wherever the wind takes me or hanging in Jakoric House

Post by raymond »

*Raymond walks in just as Anya starts to speaks, takes a seat at a table that is closets to Anya*

Well Cuzzin you let me know what you needs from me I can try and help you in dis matter.
Shadow Priest Raymond Ratcliffinson
Elder of the Moonshadow Clan
“May the Ancestors bless the path that you walk, so that your walk is meaningful and powerful!”
Anya

Post by Anya »

There is absolute chaos as Anya launches herself at Raymond, squealing in delight, "RAYMOND!!!!!!" She cuddles up to him and grins in delight, "This is the best thing to happen in a ..... forever! Raymond returns!!"

It will be a couple of minutes before she will register that Raedir asked questions. "The last time that I helped lead a ritual was pre-breaking. But everything I have found in research to this has suggested that rituals are even more sensitive than before.... especially high high magic rituals."

"The last ritual that I saw inside a circle of protection was performed by an Elemental Knight from another Plane. They work in a different set of limitations than we do.... and everything that needed to be effected by the ritual was still in the circle with him, that changes things. In this ritual, the vitality is being freed from Death and flying to us. If you cut off the beacon summoning it, then they will not know where to go.... does that make sense, Raedir?"

She continues to hug Raymond.
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Dietrich

Post by Dietrich »

*Dietrich speaks up from behind the bar*

What Anya said about the protection circle, since those block everything, as witnessed in the fight against Science, they can interfere with some rituals, others less so.

As far as participating in rituals, not since the breaking. Observing, several as the guild did ask me to test the limits of some of the simpler rituals and distraction to a ritualist. The simple act of making a ritual circle has been deadly when disrupted.

Skill aside, it is my recommendation that we have Von'Studkoff perform the ritual the first time so we have an experienced ritualist available who may be more.... adept at dealing with any unforseens. Also, this ritual will require us to defend against the minions of Death, not undead, he hates those, but deadly beings just the same.

Just an old mages 2 mana
Hozier - Arsonist's Lullaby wrote:When I was a man I thought it ended
When I knew love's perfect ache
But my peace has always depended
On all the ashes in my wake

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash
raymond
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by raymond »

*GASPING FOR AIR from Anyas' hug and laughing*

Well if Dietrich and Anya thinks this is the best course of action than I am behind dis plan.

*Looking at Anya*

Cuzzin I missed you too. I just can to town early to see why no one responded to my message. But it looks that Midway doesn't have a Messengers Guild anymore so that could be part of the problem.

*Looking over at Dietrich*

Glad to see that situation with that one women has been resolved. You must tell me the story sometime soon.

*Just looking around the room surprised by all the new faces and races*

So what do we need to do to be ready for this ritual?
“May the Ancestors bless the path that you walk, so that your walk is meaningful and powerful!”
Gekek
The Thanedom's Taste Tester
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by Gekek »

"Raymond! Welcome back!"

Turns to look at the rest of the inn.

"If this ritual will pit us against death then I say we go with the one who brings the blessing of the Phoenix with him. As for his needs, my skills won't help much in fighting death but I can easily help with guarding him and with providing a candle if needed."
Gekek Farwalker,
Lion Tribe Warrior, First Warden of Lion's Pride Peak
Scout, Member of The Keepers
Head of House Toevass in the Campbell Thanedom, Keeper of the Fifth Tome
Slayer of Vath, Guardian of Phantara

Mike, Assistant GM, Logistics team Player Marshal, Magic Marshal, and Rules Team
midwinterdreams

Raedir raises a brow to Raymond not sure who he is but nods to Anya and Deitrich's responses.

"Very well, we can still utilize a protection circle for a protective area for healers and such, they just have to be outside of it if they want the vitality at the end. Instead we can place a circle of Life around the ritual? I believe if what the Augh said is true, then we should have every ritualist we have aid in this. It will give us the best chance of survival as well as experience. Having the blessing of the Phoenix does not sound like a bad idea. I can offer my healing skills and if need be I can take a hit in defense of our ritualists."
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
Anya

Post by Anya »

Anya considers it, "I think the Circle of Protection off to the side with a healer in it is a good idea. The caster of the Circle would have to stay in it as well to be able to give permissions to enter and exit on a regular basis.... and that way we would have a safe place to run if things go very poorly. I am not sure if the Circle around the Ritual would be good or not.... we would have to ask the WindCrestian when he gets here.... if the town agrees to pay his price. That is ultimately the heart of the issue. Do Dietrich and I reach out to him and tell him not to come? Or is the town going to pay for his services and make sure the Ritual has two people to help hold it stable?"
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Legionforce
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Legionforce »

Wesley announces, from his corner of the room, "The Town Guard is capable of offering a bar in cash, but we don't have any gems." His armor clanks as he walks into the middle of the tavern. "I offer it to any denizens of Midway who are willing to sell their gems in the name of this town. Additionally, the protection of the Guard is at this Windcrestian's service, as well as our healing items and Potions of Raise Dead." He looks to the others around him. "As long as we have Midway's support, of course. We're unable to provide much else."
Constable Wesley Volk
raymond
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by raymond »

So how many people will this ritual affect?
Anya

Post by Anya »

"Everyone who is invested in the circle at the beginning of the Ritual. They must remain in sight of the Ritual to reap the benefits of the success of the Ritual."

She nods to Wesley, "Thank you. I do have some of higher cut gems that I can trade out for coin, I will have to check the quantity and quality once I return home."
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
raymond
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by raymond »

What is dis benefit?
*looks down as he is writing notes and pops his head right back up*
Sorry to be asking so many questions guess Ive been gone to long
midwinterdreams

"Restores a lost Vitality."
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
raymond
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by raymond »

What about those who haven't lost any yet wish to help the ritual?