A gnome stands outside the inn...
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

WitchWoman

A gnome stands outside the inn...

Post by WitchWoman »

*Standing outside the door to the inn, a little gnome takes a few deep breaths as she looks up at the grated window granting a view of the occupants. She's dressed in pinks, greens, and browns, and the hat on her head is shaped like a flower. Said hat threatens to slip off her head as she tilts her head to better listen. The inn is quietly bustling, with the occasional burst of laughter or boast of battle. It would seem everyone here knows each other rather well, or at least tolerates each other well. Squaring her shoulders, she pushes the door open and holds her chin high as she strides over to the door near what appears to be the kitchen. Spying a small nail, she grabs a nearby chair and struggles a bit to get the chair pushed against the wall. After climbing up onto the chair, she hangs a wooden sign with words painted on it. As she climbs off the chair, everyone in the inn gets a clear view of the words "Coming soon, Gnomish Nummies! Serving hot or iced coffees, teas, and cocoas. Tasty treats too!" Climbing off the chair, the gnome strides over to the bar and lays a coin on the counter* Somethin with ginger innit please? And who do I talk to about the baker's guild? Also can I get lodging? And where's your water closet? *She pauses for a moment, thinking* Sorry, that was kinda rude. Name's Liliana Tinkershine, I got a tendency to get ahead of myself...
Snickelfritz

Re: A gnome stands outside the inn...

Post by Snickelfritz »

"Hello there! Mmmmmmmmmmm snacks.My name is Snickelfritz." says the Gnome that appears to be a mustache with muscles.

"I need to go look into some things. I will see you all in short time."
Last edited by Snickelfritz on Mon May 02, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snickelfritz the Strong
The muscle of Gnomercy
"HUP HUP!!"
Volcor
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Volcor »

"Well hello there friend! I like your hat!"
-Volcor places his hand in front of Liliana.-
"My name's Volcor Lorecrafter."
-Waits for handshake.-
Snickelfritz

Post by Snickelfritz »

"You all better not be making short jokes because I said short time! Hup hup hup hup hup..."

Yelled from outside the tavern.
Snickelfritz the Strong
The muscle of Gnomercy
"HUP HUP!!"
WitchWoman

Post by WitchWoman »

*she giggles at Snicklefritz as he leaves, delighted by his enthusiasm. She then turns her attention to the dwarf before her and takes his huge hand in her small one* Hello there! Liliana Tinkershine! And I like my hat too! Is why I wear it! *gigglesnort*
Volcor
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Volcor »

-Volcor adjusts her grip until they are grabbing eachothers forearms, in a warrior's handshake-
"Good to meet you!"

-Volcor looks over at Hawke behind the bar-

"Her first one can go on my tab"

-looks back at Liliana-

+well I'm off to help someone... I forget who this time, but I know I'm looking for ancient magic from somewhere... So! If you need help, just yell real loud. The town guard is just around the corner! "

-Volcor walks in quick strides muttering to himself trying to remember who he was doing this for-
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

"Name's Hawke.
One Ginger Ale, coming up.
Careful, it's potent."

"I think you want to talk to Anya about joining the Food stuffs and Brewer's Guild."
"Unless it changed too. The guild heads get changed more often than Henrik's underwear."
WitchWoman

Post by WitchWoman »

*Lili nods before taking a long swig. When she pulls the mug away from her lips she hiccups, a high pitched sound, and then blushes* Anya, right. I'm hoping to run a little coffee shop here at the Inn. Sell specialty drinks and baked treats. *she lifts the mug again and takes another long swig, her eyes drifting closed. She then sets the mug back down and sighs happily*
midwinterdreams
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by midwinterdreams »

From the kitchen a voice rings, "She's still the head last I heard." Raedir a short Ga'Vin walks out with a green reindeer on his shoulder munching on a huge strawberry. His eyes light up seeing the hat. "I love your hat, did you grow it? If not we should!"
Raedir Haedren aka "Treeman"
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
Clonk
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by Clonk »

From the opposite end of inn, an orc dressed in a leather tunic and potions strapped to his belt, various bones beads jangling about, walk closer to the sign. Two small, curious kobolds scurry behind him, dressed in simple cloaks. Looking to the sign, then to the gnome, he smiles to greet her.

"Welcome to Midway! I Clonk, one of Town Guard. Cannot read sign but heard something about Baker's Guild? Come to town for selling bake goods?"

The tiny kobolds giggle and make little nomming noises, obviously excited about the prospect of treats.

Glancing to both the gnome and Raedir.

"Anya still head of Guild. I just talk to her not long ago and join too. Make tasties."

The kobolds squee and do a little dance. One tugs at Clonk's bag, only to look sad a moment later at the lack of food inside.
Clonk
Town Guard
Black Hand Tribe
Second of Charities & Healers Guild in Midway
Wrexton

Post by Wrexton »

Wrexton walks into the Silver Rose in much better spirits. Catching sight of Clonk and his kobold wards, the gnome waves. Fire bursts around his hand, Wrexton feigning surprise and worry. He shakes his hand quickly and blows out the flames, showing the kobold children great relief at still having a hand.

"Hello, Clonk!" he says, approaching the shaman. "Just getting back from-"

Wrexton stops, seeing the new gnome.

"Oh! Hello!" He extends his hand. "Wrexton Abernathy Wrenchspinner. Pleasure to meet you. Didn't mean to interrupt."
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member
Charities and Healers Guild - Member
Scribes and Booksellers Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Braig

Post by Braig »

The armor laying on the bar lifts its head to see the new gnome, turns to meet her. "I'm Braig, leader of Crimson shield. If you need any thing just ask I'm sure I can find someone to help."
He finishes his tankard and lays his head back down on the bar muttering in a high voice.
Braig Berserker of Black Hand
Member of Town Guard
Adventurer of Midway

Myxlpiliwik Orlais Struss
Master Of Fire
WitchWoman

Post by WitchWoman »

*Lili's eyes get big for a moment at the sudden onslaught of attention, but her shocked face quickly turns to one of joy.*
Okay okay, wait, lemme answer you all in order...
*Turns to the tree-man and offers up a big smile* It's not ACTUALLY a flower, it's made out of felted wool. My family doesn't specialize in the green sciences, but I LOVE flowers, and my name IS Lili after all! And thank you for confirming that I must bother Anya when I see her. Apparently I need to find someone who can get me into the healers guild as well, any ideas?
*she then turns to Clonk and offers a warm smile both to him and to the kiddos* It's a pleasure to meet you Clonk, and your companions as well! Maybe if there's time I could tell them a story, since stories are kinda my thing. And yes, I'm looking to sell a few baked treats, but my main fare will be hot and iced drinks, such as big 'ol hot chocolates topped with whipped cream and spices. If the children are allowed, I'd be happy to make them each one. On the house for kiddos!
*she offers a wink to the kobold children before turning to the handsome gnome offering his hand. She takes the shake eagerly and returns it with a bit more enthusiasm than originally intended* Hello! Liliana Tinkershine! And it's a pleasure to meet you as well! I'm so happy to see several other gnomes here, won't feel like I'm as far away from home as I thought!
*She giggles as she releases Wrexton's hand and turns with an amused look to stare at Braig* Why thank you Braig! I will be sure to remember your offering of resources. Thank you!!
Wrexton

Post by Wrexton »

"Well, Liliana," Wrexton says, finding her enthusiasm infectious, "you have a couple of members of the guild right here, but Gekek Farwalker is the head of the Charities and Healers Guild. Aislyn is the second, for which I need to congratulate her once seeing her again."
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member
Charities and Healers Guild - Member
Scribes and Booksellers Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
midwinterdreams

Post by midwinterdreams »

Raedir seems a little disappointed it isn't a real flower he nods to Wrexton and smiles seeing Clonk and the kobolds. He looks to Wrexton, "She's the second now? That's wonderful she is a good healer."

He turns back to Lili, "It is a wonderful name and your so adorable. We should see about growing you some lilies then." He tosses some biscuits to the kobold children.
Raedir Haedren aka "Treeman"
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin