A new notice posted...
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Wrexton
Drinking Contest Contender

A new notice posted...

Post by Wrexton »

Wrexton walks into the Silver Rose, his usual demeanor of hectic activity given way to a far more somber gnome. He sits at one of the emptier tables and pens a notice in a clear, precise script that he then repeats in Gnomish, High Elven, Guthrie, and Dwarven before posting it:

To all,

As some of you already know, and to make aware those who do not, the Green Grove Orphanage was a target of an attack by those who control the Black Keep. While serving as a tactical distraction, this massacre was also an attack on our morale. Those who could respond did so in time to repel the attack, but not before a majority of the orphans were killed and the building damaged.

I ask on behalf of the Mages Guild that those capable donate what they can in terms of favors and coin to rebuild the orphanage and see to the shelter and care of the survivors.

As a person, House, or Guild, donations can be given to me or, should anonymity be a concern, left at the Tower in care of the Tower's golem guardian. It is my promise that said golem will maintain discretion.

Records of monetary donations, if not their sources, will be kept and open for viewing should anyone wish to verify usage of funds.

Thank you.

Wrexton Abernathy Wrenchspinner
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member
Charities and Healers Guild - Member
Scribes and Booksellers Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Volcor
Greenie
Greenie

Re: A new notice posted...

Post by Volcor »

-Volcor places a comforting hand on Wrexton's shoulder-

"I'll do what I can"
Wrexton

Post by Wrexton »

"Thank you, my friend," Wrexton says. "If you can let those you know who are incapable of reading, I'd be very grateful. I hate to leave so soon, but I need to find Clonk and see if there's anything we can do for the Scalerock."
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
celegar
The Thanedom's Taste Tester
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by celegar »

*ziggy nods to wrexton*
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Volcor
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Volcor »

"Of course"

-Volcor walks into the center of the tavern-
-shouts in common-

"Hey everyone!! Wrexton is collecting for the rebuilding of the Green Grove Orphanage that was hit in the attacks this moon passed... If you have anything to spare, please give it to the guardian golem at the mage's tower. We're looking for materials, favors, coin, and any influence you can put to use fixing this home for children.

Please spread the word!"

-Volcor leaves the tavern, stone faced-
Wrexton

Post by Wrexton »

*Wrexton ackowledges Ziggy's nod with an answering one of his own while silently saying "thank you" in Gnomish*

"Much louder than I expected," he says, a tired smile on his face as he watches Volcor leave. "Would have it no other way from him."

Seeing Raedir, the gnome tips his hat to Ziggy and follows the Ga'Vin, another task in mind before heading to the Masons Guild and finding Clonk.
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member

Anduril
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Anduril »

*Upon reading the note, Anduril approaches Wrexton*

"Consider my services yours. Let me know how I can be of assistance."
Wrexton

Post by Wrexton »

"Thank you," Wrexton says. "Right now I'm gathering whatever material or monetary donations people are willing to give, but I'm certain extra hands or security for the repair crew or the children will be helpful."
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member

Quill8325

Post by Quill8325 »

I, Quill, will also offer what I can after taking stock of my coffers.
CNC
Pinky
Pinky

Post by CNC »

Siencee goes over to the distraught Wrexton, "Oh wow, figures everything goes wrong right when I get back to silverthorn. If you'd like I'll help round up some carpenters and draft up some blueprints for a new building. The foundation is still good right? With a bit of gnome-power we should be able to get the orphanage back together in no time!"
"My names Siencee! think 'Look and look again' see-'n-see, thats me! Oh! Would you like some candy?"
Wrexton

Post by Wrexton »

"Thank you, Sciencee," Wrexton says. "I'll recommend you as foreman when I go to the Masons to contract the repairs. The foundation seemed intact, but my mind was on other things at that moment. Knowing you're overseeing the project would ease my concerns immensely."
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member