Any mercenary guilds around?
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Briston
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Any mercenary guilds around?

Post by Briston »

Are there any active mercenary guilds in town these days?
Briston Lorecrafter
Taleous
Greenie
Greenie

Re: Any mercenary guilds around?

Post by Taleous »

*Taleous walks passed you and slips you a note.*

OOG: I will PM you
Last edited by Taleous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"........." -Famous Valken'Vi Proverb
Briston
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Briston »

Ooohh secret notes!
Last edited by Briston on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Briston Lorecrafter
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

*Gunnar chuckles at the lot.*

"Briston did you for get that you are a member of the Argent Falcon already.. I will make sure that you have a list of who is in it.*
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
Briston
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Briston »

Hmm I'm pretty old and forgetful, but I'm sure I haven't joined any mercenary bands. I think you must be thinking of another old and mostly useless dwarf.
Briston Lorecrafter
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Nope my friend I have you on my books as member. It was last fall when you joined.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Briston
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Briston »

Hmm I guess I really am that old and forgetful, especially since I have never heard the name of the guild, don't know who the leader is, and have never done a job. I think I've been missing out on my cut of the bounties - who should I ask to collect my cash?

Also, who added me as a member? I'm thinking someone just wanted a charismatic, soft-spoken ally to handle all of their social situations tactfully so they snuck me into this guild. I suppose I can't blame them, but besides by many social graces and mellifluous voice, they should know I'm mostly old and useless. Except of course for my mean baking skills - when I don't mix up the recipes, that is.

My first motion as a member of the Argent Falcon is to change the name. I don't really like birds. They eat bees and I like bees. I also don't really like white or shiny things...I prefer the color brown, or maybe a dark, nutty tan. When I joined this guild it was really just to get loot and stuff, and Argent Falcon sounds too do-goody. We should have a name that evokes the true spirit of the guild...like...The Lower Beards or The Magnificent Bristons. Suggestions?
Briston Lorecrafter
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

*Gunnar chuckles a little.. than shakes his head..*

"While I do like your spirit Briston. An I always love the jokes and stories you tell. It was your choice as of last fall to join us. If you wish to leave than I shall make it so. Yet you did join us of your own free will after Edrick and I talk to you last year. If you do not like the name than I am sorry. It is in the honor of those that have been lost. An I can do nothing to change that. For to change that it would be to lose their memories and honor for those lost to the cycle. I hope that you can understand that. But it is your choice if chose to leave. Just tell me you wish to leave I will harbor no hard feelings. An I will make sure that you are removed at once. So I leave it up to you and your hands."
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
Briston
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Briston »

Hmm well I very much appreciate your words. I'm not particularly concerned about leaving or staying, unless of course you have some lucrative jobs lined up? It does seem like a fairly dormant group though, and I have considered gathering a few folks to start a new band, filled with young and robust adventurers who can do work while I watch. If that happens I will let you know. We'll still be best buds either way.

And I don't know what you mean by "jokes I tell..." I never tell jokes. I'm the most serious dwarf there ever was. And I always speak the truth.

Also, I heard you might have an ancient Lorecrafter artifact in your possession. What are the odds you'd be willing to part with it? I'm very interested in collecting Lorecrafter artifacts - you'd make an old dwarf very happy.
Briston Lorecrafter