The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

Starting Sunday evening the day after the feast in Tarragon, Hawke begins providing the following information to every non-human that enters the tavern in Midway. He does not do so quietly, nor does he seem to care who is in earshot, so the humans probably hear the information as well.

"I have just found out that the demi-human freedom fighters in Dorchak have be slaughtered to the last man. Since that has happened, the racism of Dorchak has spread widely within the Kingdom, and the murderers are becoming increasingly bold. Be wary at all times. Those of us that are skilled fighters are probably safe for now, but those that are not, should not travel anywhere alone, even in the daytime. It is only a matter of time before the murderers grow bold enough to strike in Midway.
It seems that neither Devris, nor Jakoric, have been able to get their heads out of their asses long enough to do their jobs, as I have not heard of even a single arrest in this matter."
Briston
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Re: message

Post by Briston »

A few of us started looking into the demi-human murders and we've got some leads. I have a verrrrrrry sneaky plan to catch them in the act of murdering someone (me!)...but SHHH don't let them know. I'm working on getting those heads out of those asses as well, but I have to get my own out first. I wanted to see what it was like. Turns out it's not as great as it sounds. You have to give credit to the authorities who get anything done, you know - it's a lot harder to do stuff with one's head up one's ass than you might think!

Definitely stick together like Hawke said, and if you get murdered make sure to let someone know.
Briston Lorecrafter
NPC Kees
Greenie
Greenie

Post by NPC Kees »

*Mags speaks up from the corner*

You do realize Jakoric canno arrest anyone righ? They do tha investigatin after tha arest. We can't do anything else. Aint sayin their aint no ass and head comboin going on but criminal matters outside of a trial is all DeVris.
Making sure ALL the voices in my head can come out and play
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

*Gunnar Looks over at Hawke just shaking his head.*

"Well Hawke you do like to stick your foot in it deep do you not? An Mag's is a 100% correct Jarokic can not do a thing till we are asked to investigate. So yes you need to rethink your ire some."

*Gunnar than walks over to Mag's.*

"We need to talk an not here I have question of and for you. Please come talk with me while I go on a round."
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
NPC Kees
Greenie
Greenie

Post by NPC Kees »

*smirking Mags unslouches and stands gesturing for Gunnar to lead the way*
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

Maybe if Jakoric was a little more pro-active, instead of reactive, we wouldn't be on the verge of a demi-human rebellion across half the kingdom.

What do I know, I'm just a grumpy dwarf barkeep.
NPC Kees
Greenie
Greenie

Post by NPC Kees »

*stopping before he gets to the door*

Hawke, pro-active would be just as bad. Unless you want people arrested and tried for crimes they might do in the future. The seer's are available to make that happen but that idea scares me something fierce. Be angry, you gotta right, but be angry at the murderin bastards not tha ones that think not hurting an innocent is more important then maybe stopping one bastard. Just one former gutter rats point a view mate.
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

I don't mean crimes they haven't committed yet. I mean crimes they have done, but haven't been arrested for yet.
And I don't mean petty crime, like pinching a loaf of bread. I mean big crimes, like murdering 20 innocent hard working commoners.
NPC Kees
Greenie
Greenie

Post by NPC Kees »

Ya might wanna ask Gekek wha pro-active means mate.

*steps out the door*
X-GM Snow
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by X-GM Snow »

We've taken care of our non-humans before, and we'll take care of them again. Anybody who wants to kill someone from Midway will have to go through me. Besides, they'll soon have protections that will make that sort of thing illegal.
-GM Snow

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, did you try to kill that Unicorn?"

"Does my answer matter? You're going to try and kill me anyway."

"You're not wrong." *Deathstrike*
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Incorrect Valkren. A noble can dispense justice to those below their station. And the new law only give protection of citizen of silverthorn. So a noble can do what they want to any demi-human with protection of a citizen. Just do piss of any nobles and you are good. But that is the problem, the killers of demi humans have been nobles. Not saying the killer is a noble again, but they were before.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
X-GM Snow

Post by X-GM Snow »

Hmph. I hate this place.
-GM Snow

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, did you try to kill that Unicorn?"

"Does my answer matter? You're going to try and kill me anyway."

"You're not wrong." *Deathstrike*
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn slams down her mug. Water sloshes everywhere*

You Jakoric people, all you want to do is sit on your asses until someone comes up for trial, then try to get them off. That is not your damn job. You are to investigate crimes, both before AND after someone has been arrested. You are supposed to know everyone and hear everything, but do you think I could get a single Jakoric member in this town to get off their damn asses and actively look into this problem when I asked? No. Do you think I could find out a single name of anyone who was killed by asking Jakoric? No.

Instead, I had to go to a seer and ask her to divine a name of someone who was killed just to get my first lead on investigation. Only then was I able to start following the trail of the murderers. If YOU can't find the evidence, then the trial goes on with NO evidence.

*Kathryn spins to face Hawk*

And YOU, with your head up your ass so far you can't even tell common sense. Did you bother to scry-shield any of your little conversations with anyone? Shut your damn mouth. Think about who might be listening in and be using that information against us. I like you well enough, and I am a dwarven friend, but that won't stop me from putting you on trial as an accomplice for helping those we are trying to catch, if they get away due to your lapse of judgement. Perhaps you left your mommas beard too early. Didn't she teach you not to open your mouth when you don't know what you are talking about?
celegar
The Thanedom's Taste Tester
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by celegar »

*ziggy sits silently, listening to the conversation, scribbles a note and slides it to kathryn*
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn looks blankly at the note for a minute before realizing it's for her. She reads it, tears it up, and throws it into the nearest fire, then looks back at Ziggy*