Apologies
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

WAAAGH!
Member of the Mage's Guild

Apologies

Post by WAAAGH! »

*Lenus hobbles into the tavern, leaning on his staff as he slowly walks through the door.*

"Can I get everyone's attention please. Throughout my time here in Midway I am sure I have offended some if not all of you. Since my... accident I have been meditating on the subject. I realize now that I must change my ways and because of this I offer my deepest apologies to the people of Midway."

*He mumbles something quietly to himself as he walks to the nearest seat.*
Kenric Sayne, former Magistrate of DeVris - Gone
Lenus Gaul, evocationist thunder elemental - On the Plane of Air
Temil Brightfoot, jewelry craftsman
olaf
Drinking Contest Contender

Re: Apologies

Post by olaf »

"You offend Olaf?" He frowns deeply in thought for a second - the longest he ever spends in deep thought. "Olaf not remember, so could not be important. Come! Buy next ale and all is forgiven!"
WAAAGH!

Post by WAAAGH! »

*Lenus raises up his coin pouch over his head*

"It'd be much quicker if you just took the coins for your drink from me Olaf. It might take me a while to get to the bar from here."
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

*Gunnar looks over at Lenus an shakes his head.*

"Okay Lenus what did you do this time? I missed a moon while tracking down a few leds in Tarragon with the dovers guild. So what in detail did you do an how did you get a game leg?"
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
WAAAGH!

Post by WAAAGH! »

*He turns his head towards Gunnar, and he is old. Very, very old*

"It's not just my leg. And the story involves spiders and the town of Midway preventing me from carrying out my end of a deal."
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Hmm, Well I like a good story so please tell. From the looks of it, you did not fair very well.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
WAAAGH!

Post by WAAAGH! »

*Lenus clears his throat*

"Well, a few moons ago some of the heroes of Midway were checking out a tunnel nearby which happened to be home to many large spiders as well as their very large broodmother. While we were exploring the caves, Vaanak and I believe Olaf, or was it Meat... anyways, they were captured by the spiders and were going to be devoured. I struck a deal with the broodmother to bring four cows in exchange for their lives. They brought out the captives and we left. I contacted some people I know in the drovers guild to see about getting the cows needed, but before anything could be done along those lines more people from Midway left and slaughtered all the spiders."

*Lenus takes a long drink and coughs a bit before continuing*

"Hearing that the spiders were all dead, I assumed that the deal was no longer in place. I mean who would bring four cows to a cave full of nothing but dead spiders. Apparently I was wrong because the ghost of the broodmother and some of her children were hunting for me, calling me an oath breaker. When I learned of this I started talking to the same people as before, trying to arrange for the cows. Before this could happen however, the broodmother and her children found me and stole all of my years from me. The only people in this town who were here and actually raised a finger to help me were Hector, Vaelar, and Anya. The Sylvani in particular actually told people not to help me while I was running for my life, and the new guy in town who wants to join House DeVris told the spiders were I was at while I was trying to work out a possible solution. A nearby essence mage, at least that's what I was told, came to town while I was wandering as a ghost and returned some of my years to me and then I was brought back to life. Hence the reason why I have aged so very, very much."
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

"I did not interact with these spiders either for or against you. Though I did try to stop those that I could from going with Vaa to kill them.

However, if you break your oath, you cannot make up for it after you are caught out. You made the deal in tandem with Vaa, you were lost the moment your ally broke your oath for you."
WAAAGH!

Post by WAAAGH! »

*His gaze moves to Hawke*

"I am not an oathbreaker. Just because someone else decided to break her word doesn't mean I don't keep mine. And I do recall at least one person specifically telling everyone in the inn to not help me WHILE I was being attacked."

*He takes a deep breath*

"What's happened has happened, all we can do is learn and move on."
olaf

Post by olaf »

Olaf claps Lenus on the shoulder. "You do all this for Olaf's sake? Ha! Tis the work of a fine friend! Here - drink! We will find cows together and CRUSH them! We will hunt down years and you will eat them bloody raw and become young again! These things Olaf will help you do!"
WAAAGH!

Post by WAAAGH! »

*Lenus smiles and laughs*

"Well, I don't need the cows anymore, that has all been handled now thanks to Vaelar. However, I can still use years, although I'm not too sure about hunting them."