In from the storm
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Kenric Sayne
Drinking Contest Contender

In from the storm

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*The door flies open with the wind howling outside, and a man enters with his cloak pulled tight around him and his hood covering almost his entire face. He turns to close the door, having to fight against the wind and snow.*

*With the door closed, he turns and removes his hood. Kenric stands there looking much better than when he left, with a new eye patch covering his eye, no longer with the symbol of House DeVris.*

"Why oh why did I think it would be a good idea to come back to Midway this time of year... You have to love this weather.'

*He looks around at the people there, and addresses no one in particular*

"Have I missed anything interesting while I was gone visiting family?"

*Kenric walks to the bar, waiting to see if anyone answers him.*
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
Nel
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Re: In from the storm

Post by Nel »

After a few fumbles and thuds at the door, a figure covered in ruddy looking quilt draped over them manage to get into the tavern only to fall promptly over, flat on their face. A quick, muffled,

"I'm okay! …I think…"

identifies them as Nel. Her arms are exposed, she's still in the thin summer garb, and her mud snow slush caked boots indicate she's been wandering about for a while. She makes a few more muffled noises while laying on the floor. The door remains open, wind whistling and snow pouring in.
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric turns to see Nel collapse, he rushes over to her and closes the door. He then picks her up and lays her down on the closest bench. He shouts in the direction of the bar.*

"Can I get something warm for her to drink?"

*Kenric then unfastens his cloak and drapes it over her.*

"Are you hurt at all?"
Kenric Sayne
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

"Weather like this isn't good for much more than freezin' your balls off, honestly. I didn't think it'd get this damn cold in the south.

Cudar wanders over with a flask in one hand, his other resting on the pommel of his sword.

"Whiskey, nothing else like it to get her warm." He shuts the door after making sure the Avyana is all the way in, kneeling down and holding the flask to her lips.

"Drink up, now. Some of the best I've got, shipped all the way from home."
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Nel
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Nel »

Rather than taking a drink she uses his arm to help sit her self up, pulling the blanket and cloak tighter around her shoulders. Her feathers have a decent layer of ice on them.

"You're right about the south...I forgot this...'winter'..business happened."

She shutters, still cold and trying to correct her self,

"Well, more like...it didn't cross my mind...?"

She glances at the flask, somewhat glossy eyed. She rubs some of the ice off her face and feathers while talking.

"Can you heat it up? It looks not warm"
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

"with genuine smile of friendship" good to see you safe and sound Keneric. good to see you back my friend. How have you been?
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric turns to Cudar after Nel talks*

"I'm sure someone behind the bar will be able to heat that up for her, we would both appreciate it."

*He turns turns to Edrick*

"I'm doing much better now. I want to see my family to talk to them about what has happened, and my brothers told me that no matter what I choose to do they will support me in my endeavors. I've had some time to think and I feel like everything that has happened now happened for a reason. I won't be going back to House DeVris, I'll be making my own history now."

*Kenric finally turns back to Nel*

"Let me know if you need anything else, but I'm curious, what exactly happened to you?"
Kenric Sayne
Nel
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Nel »

Nel raises her eyebrow with a smirk at Patches comment of caring, but upon being asked what happened to her, her snide smile fades and she slumps down further on the bench.

She sighs and in a low, ashamed tone

"I got lost. In the woods."

She pulls the cloak and quilt tighter around her

"I was heading back into Midway, and well, it was the damn woods, if it was a city, this wouldn't be an issue, but nooo, you have to go through the woods. Always gotta be the woods..." she trails off into inaudible angry mutters.
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric smiles at Nel*

"Well, you may have been lost, but you did manage to find your way back eventually. Don't feel too bad, I'm no good in the woods either, but I love cities and towns. Just be happy you found your way here and in one piece, you wouldn't believe the number of times I've been mugged or kidnapped around here. You're alive and with friends, no reason to be upset now."
Kenric Sayne
NPC Brodie
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC Brodie »

"Warm whiskey? Your funeral."

Wandering back a few minutes later, Cudar offers Nel a steaming mug.

"Whiskey, lemon, boiling water. This should warm you right up, love, Drink it slow. I meant it. SLOW."

He returns to the book he was studying at one of the tables.

"As for woods wandering, I'm not much good at it either. If either of you want, I can show you the basics. Finding north and south, sighting yourself towards a road, the like. If you have a desire to actually get good at it, I can find someone, of course."

Cudar grins at that last and writes something down.

"Remember, slow at that. You're a good bit lighter than my kinsmen and it can hit them hard."
Plot Mastah!!
Nel
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Nel »

"I think it's too cold for even bandits and kidnappers. Only the lost, or insane, or both, would be wandering around in that"

She motions to the door and shudders.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get better at not getting lost out there, but I have other things I should probably get better at first but thanks all the same"

She takes the drink, looking a bit peeved at his comment about her being a light weight,

"Normally, I'd take your challenge, but last time I had something to drink with this one"

She motions to Patches, and is about to continue with in her snarky tone, but catches her self at the last second and quickly changes her tone to a much more cheerful one.

"I mean, I-I've been out there for a while I should take it slow! It'd be for the best!"

She smiles as innocently as she can, and takes a swig.
NPC Brodie
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC Brodie »

"Let me know what it is you want to learn, and I can arrange a person to come to you over the winter."

Cudar raises his flask in a salute, smiling before taking a sip himself.

"We'll have to take it up the next time you're not so cold, then. Or, of course, if you're thinkin' a challenge of a different kind, I'm always game."
Plot Mastah!!
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric addresses Cudar*

"I usually just hire someone if I need help in the woods, tends to be easier than me learning something that I'm not very familiar with."

*He turns to Nel after she motions towards him*

"Now what exactly are you trying to say about me? Are you implying that I'm a bad influence, or maybe something worse?"
Kenric Sayne
Kestrel
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Kestrel »

Kestrel bounces into the room and says snow forts! to no one in particular, then sees Nel on the floor and hurries over
Wood Elfling
Nel
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Nel »

She raises the mug, nods and takes another drink. Barely lifting her beak from the mug,

"I'm not implying anything. I don't know what you're talking about."

She takes another drink and upon Kestrel entering in, she lowers the mug.

"Hey, Kessie, how's my little honorary avyana doing? Enjoying the snow far more than us boring ol' grown ups?"
Last edited by Nel on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.