Immigration
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: Right here
Contact:

Immigration

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Harold the farmer rather sheepishly steps into the Inn. He holds his hat before him, subconciously kneeding it to death as he takes in the large chamber before him filled with rather formidable people.

“Um… ‘Scuse me… Adventurers? Sirs? Ma’ams? There’s something of a problem on the road… Actually a great many problems… scores of them… and they still seem ta be coming. I guess they’re settlers, but… they ain’t carryin’ much ta settle with. Don’t really like the looks of ‘em, if ya know what I mean. And anyway, Legacy just plain simple can’t support that many folk, even if they weren’t the beggin’, thievin’ sort, which they more than likely are.”

“So’s me and a bunch of other decent, hard-workin’ folk, well we got ta wonderin’… Maybe some of you brave people could take care of this?”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
User avatar
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:31 pm
Location: Here. *BAMF* No, gone.
Contact:

Post by Sylas Hay »

*the door of the first jail cell creaks open, as Sylas walks out straping his sword belt. He walks briskly tword the door and past the man*

"Lets go take a look shall we."

*It obvious it was not intended as a question*
User avatar
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:16 am
Location: Inn
Contact:

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Daniel, playing cards in the corner, gets up and follows. He doesn't have to bother strapping on a sword, as he always keeps 'King's Glory' on his hip.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: Right here
Contact:

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“Um… Yes, Constable! Of course! Right this way!”

Harold takes those who follow to the road at the edge of town, where there is a great commotion. Nearly a hundred people had gathered with yet more approaching from the east. Just people. No animals, no carts. They seemed to have only the clothes on their backs and a couple sacks of goods at the most. They were settling in on either side of the road, building fires and make-shift shelters. Several dumbfounded guardsmen stood between the masses and the town.

“Constable!” One of them called when they saw Sylas approaching. “They began arriving in the past hour and they just keep coming! We’ve asked how many there are, what they’re doing here, and where they intend to go, but they won’t say!”

A second guardsman rubbed the back of his head in puzzlement. “I honestly think they don’t know, Constable.”

“Constable?” A rancid-looking man jumped up from one of the newly blazing fires and strode forward. His clothing might once have been considered fine… several years ago. He smiled a toothy grin as he approached. “Ah, the local head of law enforcement!” He laughed heartily. “I certainly don’t envy you your position! Not one bit!”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
User avatar
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:31 pm
Location: Here. *BAMF* No, gone.
Contact:

Post by Sylas Hay »

*pulling a guard aside* 'I want to know how far back this Caravan goes, and where they came form. Now. Send two scouts.'

*to Daniel in a whisper*
'Can you tell me anything from there clothing?'

*To the laughing man with a slight bow*
"Well then that makes two of us. Who in your estimation good sir, would you say is leader of this Caravan?"
Torvach

Post by Torvach »

*having followed Sylas wordlessly*

And more importantly, what exactly your intentions are.
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: Right here
Contact:

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“Well, my good man I can certainly tell you who’s responsible for our little journey – the great and all-powerful Duke Harrison, may he live forever or die tomorrow! But who’s our leader? Hmm… I suppose you might say the immediate folk here have been following me. Peasants can smell nobility, and will instinctively flock to them in hopes of guidance. And while I may have been stripped of name, lands, and title, my blood is still as blue as the day I was born. “

He offers his hand to Sylas.

“Thandar’s the name. Formerly fourth cousin to the King, twice removed, and 63rd in line for the throne. As for our intentions, I’d say ‘survival’ tops out the priority list today."
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
User avatar
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:16 am
Location: Inn
Contact:

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

*to Sylas in a whisper*

Well, for the most part the newcomers are just wearing the meanest of clothes typical of the poor and downtrodden. Strictly functional, with no attention to fashion - making it impossible to judge region of origin or the wearer's purpose in life, save that they are all likely Silverthornian.
Perhaps if I speak with them some more I’ll be able to determine better if they are indeed from Gilbain, by their accents and knowledge of that locations people and customs.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Torvach

Post by Torvach »

*quickly looks the caravan once over*

Survival eh? I think I could probably wipe this entire caravan out myself, so, good luck with that in this place.

However, stranger things have happened... *belows* GUARDSMEN!

*when the guards come closer* One of you find a scribe and get a list of names and skills, useful or not, from these people.... be gentle. I want that list in Sylas' hand by tommorow afternoon. And see if any of them will stand guard, we don't have the manpower to watch them but set up shifts anyway.

*turns and walks towards the woods*
I'm going to try and find something big for them to eat.
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: Right here
Contact:

Post by X-GM Fesko »

“Good people of Legacy I can save you much time and trouble there.” Declares Thandar with a florish. “What you have before you a most complete collection of pilferers and pickpockets, beggars and urchins, castoffs and outcasts, and…”, gives a sweeping bow, “… embarrassments to the Kingdom.”

“At least, those of us who made it through the pass. What you won’t find are the old and the infirm. The slow ones ended up as supper to one thing or another.”

“You see, our good Duke Harrison, bless his little heart, if he does actually have one, found a nice convenient loophole in the extradition treaties. I.e. your land doesn’t have any. So these days the motto of our great Kingdom is ‘If you can’t just kill ‘em, resettle ‘em!’ What you have before you is Gilbain’s finest! But rest assured - the other Duchies have their contributions on the way. Why, rumors are rampant that even an asylum is to be built out here!”
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
User avatar
Faerykin
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild
Posts: 1289
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:05 pm
Contact:

Post by Faerykin »

*Autumn steps up behind Sylas and speaks with heavy sarcasm*

I feel better already.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
User avatar
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:04 am
Location: The Woods Around Midway
Contact:

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*Solari who as of late is very rarely in town, falls on the ground and starts laughing uncontrollably*

So this is the grand chance for advancement that was promised to you all for coming and doing the armies work for them. Has anyone in this town even gotten a favor they could call in from "the Royals". *Dodges Sylas's kick attempt*
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
User avatar
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:31 pm
Location: Here. *BAMF* No, gone.
Contact:

Post by Sylas Hay »

*looks around at the rabble* (and Solari) *It is well evedent that he is getting Irittated. Those who know him well might notice a moment to late he is about to do something stupid!*
*Jumping on a stump and yelling for all to hear*
"Ladies and Gentalmen, I would have your attention. This is the new world. Outcasts or not, on the otherside of the mountains you were safe. Not here! There are rules! My rules! They are simple, you have ONLY ONE chance at a new life, Do Not mess it up. All the old rules still apply! All the Kings Laws! But there is a new one!
Here, it is MY WAY!! or The Highway!! You may have noticed you have no further road to follow. Break my Laws, and you will find yourself buried beneath it!!!

*jumping off the stump, and heading back to the Inn*
*to the 'Locals' of Legacy*
'I would like to discuss this new twist when each of you has the opportunity. And Torvach.. I want that list by Dusk.'
User avatar
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 3004
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:18 am
Contact:

Post by Darthesis »

*** From near the Inn wall a voice speaks.
***
*** Darthesis sniffs in an obviously fake fashion.

This place reminds me of home even more now. I've never met Duke Harrison myself but he seems to be inventive if nothing else.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
User avatar
Draven darkheart
Greenie
Greenie
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Legacey at the bar.
Contact:

Post by Draven darkheart »

*says to his brother* "Dakar saty here"
*walks over to Sylas and whispers in his ear*
Life is a gift, so don't waste one second.

Legacey chapter leader of the Red & Black.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest