An elf quietly enters the Inn
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

An elf quietly enters the Inn

Post by T'ari'Elena Aranor »

*The hour was late and the sun is setting, casting its pale rose and golden light upon the land just awakening to spring. It was a crisp evening, but pleasant for the elven woman making her silent way to the town of Midway.

She had left the great elven homeland some many months ago, and had traveled with those she had met along the way, keeping mostly to herself, but friendly to all whom she had happened upon. Why she had left, she would not tell, nor had any really pressed the issue, so she was content. She was an elf, and her business was her own. However, she had heard much about the folk of the town of Midway, of their tolerance for those not human. This attitud suited her wonderfully, and she she decided to make that place her home for the time being.

Full night had fallen upon the land by the time she got to the small town, the silver stars dancing in the black velvet of the night's sky. She smiled sofly within the anonimity of her black cloak and hood. She had nothing to hide, but did not see the need to pronounce herself boldly. She much prefered quiet and solitude, for she was quiet by nature.

The elven woman entered the brightly lit Inn to find it a very busy place indeed, and that took her aback for a moment. She had thought it a small town, but the inn seemed to be filled with all mannor of folk, from the grim and dark, to the bright and lovely. She saw some of her own kin there, and was at least a little reassured. Trying to be polite, she drew back her hood, the golden light of the many candles coloring her pale hair gold as well. Her jade green eyes shined, and only a ghost of a smily played at the corners of her mouth.

The elven newcomer found a seat near to the harth, and contented herself in watching the colorful folk of the town of Midway.*

Arienna
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Arienna »

*Tucked into the corner where two tables meet each other is Arienna. Her head bent intently over the papers scattered around her, pen scratching across the yellowish paper with a vicious speed... That slows and halters as she comes to be uncertain in her next words. At her left hand rests the heavy blue cup, suddenly remember as she lifts her head and shakes her blonde hair out of her eyes and back behind her pointed ears. She lifts the cup to her lips... and then lifts her eyes to the door, noting the slight change in temperature and the breath of fresh air that marks someone entering the place. The elf girl notes the dark cloak, the concealing hood, and turns back to her scattered paper, picking one up and rereading through the words.*
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

hello?

Post by Sylas Hay »

*Noticing the fetching Elf walk in the door Sylas jumps from his seat at the Bar*

"Ah you must be here to answer my Ad! Its a pleasure to meet you. Of course you must be wondering about the ammenities, and perks. We're under a national charter so your money has to be split evenly, and you get your own room. That is until we get more lovely ladies like yourself, then we may have to double up, but we can worry about that when the time comes. If you'll come with me over to the guild hall I can show you your room and where you'll be working.."

*looking around for any bags or things to be carried*
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of CARPs or of the invisible men that follow him around.
T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

She watched the strange and colorful folk of Midway with something akin to study, as if weighing the people about her in contrast to some storybook characters across which she had come. The elf, seeing that she was not going to be harassed or taunted, as she had in some previous towns, finally felt comfortable enough to take off her colak. she was dressed in simple but fine robes of dark forest green, a contrast to her pale green eyes. She had the look of a scholor about her, that much was evident upon first glance.

She neither ordered drink, nor started conversation, but watched the people of this rumored town. Most closely she watched the young elf maid near at hand, deeply engrossed in study of some kind. She decided to forsake her normal silence and bid the other elf hello. For if she was going to make this place her home for a while, she had better make some friends.

"Mae Govannaen, mellon nin." She said in elven to the young elf maid across the table from her. "I am T'ári'Elena, of the House Aranor." Words failed her when the elf maid looked up. Tári was bad with people... especially strangers. Even among her own kind she was shy and reclusive. However, the cheerful and kind look upon her blonde haired elf's face gave her courage. "Is it always so... lifely here?"
T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

T'ári's jade eyes widened as the jovail Sylas addressed her. She was very unused to people being so... forward with her, but did nto wish to seem rude.

"Ad, good sir? What ad? I am afriad I do not know of what you speak..."
The elf looked a little bit at a loss. "If I can be of any aid, be assured that I will do what I may. Pray, what need hath thee?"

Arienna

Post by Arienna »

*Arienna offers an encouraging and welcoming smile to the other elf woman.*

"Greetings to you, T'ári'Elena of the House Arandor... I am the once Wielder of Radience, Arienna of the House Trish'ael."

*And then, as the meaning of Sylas' words sink in, her eyes widen in shocked surprise. She spins from her seat, staring at Sylas.*

"Sylas!" She cries, in a scandalized voice. "The woman is an -elf-, not a prostitute!"
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*from her seat next to where Sylas has recently risen, she watches the ongoings with a tint of amusement*

Really Sylas, you might give the lady a chance to get settled in before you go trying to recruit her...

*glancing at the new lady elf*

Um, not that she's wanting to be recruited, I would guess, but still...
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Cavalier of House DeVris
OOG Management Team
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor
Location: somewhere where at least 3 of the 4W's are attainable

Post by Balthazar Ordieth »

*Balthazar watches the elf go and take her seat and watches the exchange with Arienna and as Sylas finishes he stands up.*

Bombour, get the beautiful lady whatever she wishes. I would assume elven wine.

*Looks to T'ari'Elena*

A lady with a name almost as beautiful as her smile, *extends his hand with a slight bow and slight flourish of his cloak*
Don't mind Sylas, his mind is always on work, of one kind or another. Welcome to our little speck on a map, pray tell what has brought one such as yourself out of your homelands to our small town.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Archian
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Archian »

*Sitting in the corner in he usual forrestry garb and black cloak, Aldrin gently nods at the elven newcomer*

Aldrin Falindarn
Member of the Scout's Guild
T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

T'ári'Elena was a bit taken aback at all the kindness. Never in any of the town in which she had been, had she been welcomed with such vigor. She turned first to Arienna.

"Aranor, mellon nin, the House of the Noble Flame." She smiled softly hoping her correction whould not in any way offend her kinswoman. T'ári'Elena was particular about only a few things, and her house name was one of them. She was proud of whom she was. "I am unfamiliar with the House Trish'ael, pray, tell me of them?"

When the elf realized that the one called Sylas was asuming that she had come to be a Lady of the Night, T'ári's jade eyes narrowed dangerously. "I am not one so dishonored, sir." She decided to keep the rest of what she wanted to say to herself, rather than insult him on her first night in this town. Though he may have found the proposition harmless, it was clear that T'ári was very upset by the prospect of anyone putting hands upon her person or mistaking her for a prostitute.

If Sylas had upset her, Balthazar then put her a little more back at ease. She took his offered hand, and rose to bow in return. He was polite and beholden of honor, that much pleased her a great deal, and she returned the honor with a real smile, the first since she had entered the inn. She gracefully acepted his offered wine, motioned with a delicate hand for him to sit near to her should he wish to do so.

"Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo," She said in the tongue of the elves. "It is a pleasure to make thy aquantiance, mellon nin. My name, in fact, means "Queen of the Stars," in the tongue of my folk. Tis very kind of you to show a simple traveler such grace and kindness..." and a slight shadow passed over her lovely face, "Tis a rare thing these days."

She sat in silence for moment, weighing weather or not to devulge her reasons for coming to Midway, and decided better of it. Twas her first night here, after all.. and she still had a message to deliver. That reason, she felt, was enough to tell them. "I have come seeking Thomas Moore. I have a message to deliver unto him. But I shall find him soon enough, I'm sure. Pray, tell me of this town. I have heard many tales."
She smiled softly, driking contently of the fine elven wine.

For the first time in many weeks, T'ári'Elena felt at ease.
Arienna

Post by Arienna »

*Arienna blushes at her mistake, the colour creeping up her neck and dancing on her cheeks. Fortunately, an evening in the inn is almost always dimly lit and the candlelight is protective in it's wavering.*

"Truly, Trish'ael is a quiet House, nearly unknown outside of our Hall... Very devoted and studious researchers into the arts of magic." The girl pauses and offers T'ári'Elena an almost wicked grin, fingers reaching to tuck the hair back from her eyes again. "My fair mother, Aselia of Trish'ael, threatened to... do certain harm to my father, upon discovering my adventurous streak."
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn looks over from her seat next to Thomas*

Mage, eh? So Arienna are you telling me that this woman is a mage?
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

T'ári'Elena smiled softly. "Ahhhhh... Then you are a Seeker of Knowledge? I am myself devoted to the persuits of knowlegge, though not of the magical persuasion currently. Tis much of what drew me here, in fact. I have heard many rumors of this place, even in fair Sil'Van'Dar, and decided to come see what of those tales were true. Most of them were unpleasant... but I am weary to judge what I have not seen for myself."

Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn turns her attention to the elven woman*

I do dabble in information, but I am more of a seaker of mages. See, I look for mages and make certain they are members of the Guild of Mages. I also get to make certain they are not necromancers.

If the mage I run into is a necromancer or refuses to join the Guild of Mages then well....it is my job to dispose of said mage. I am what is called a Wrech Hunter or Mage Slayer if you prefer.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
T'ari'Elena Aranor
Pinky
Pinky

The look that swiftly passes over the elf's face is unreadable. Her Jade eyes regard the warrior woman before her keenly, however. "A Mage slayer? I would not like thy occupation, and that is assured." She smiles softly, to take the weight out of her words. "Well I assure you, mistress, I am not a practicing mage. All our kin have magical talent to one degree or another. I, however, am well versed in Silverthorn law... I am not foolish enough to cast in this kingdom without joining the Guild of Magi first. You have nothing to fear from me."