A newcomer...
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Ehlurahn
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

A newcomer...

Post by Ehlurahn »

*A young blonde girl with her hair hastily tied back approaches the Inn, looking slightly worse for wear and as though she has recently been in a fight of some sort. Her clothes are torn and somewhat bloody and the few pelts that she has arranged about her (seemingly to provide warmth and light padding against blows) seem useless after the skirmish that met her last. She has a shortsword sashed at her hip, which though quite dull, has been well tended to with care and is carefully bound so that it cannot be drawn without much effort.*

*As she nears the campfire, she pauses at the water well to pump out a small bit of water to clean her hands, which are quite dirty and still a bit bloody, wash her face, and wet back her hair so that she is slightly presentable. Standing just outside the door to the Inn, she looks around for any sign of life in Legacy.*
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Sits up a little from where she was leaning against one of the wide posts on the rail of the porch. A warm cloak of black and red is wrapped around her shoulders, a longsword at her hip, a shield across her back. She wears the symbol House DeVris at her other hip.*

Greetings, you look like you've been in combat. Are you ok?
Ehlurahn
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Ehlurahn »

*Spotting Kathryn, Ehlurahn smiles politely and tentatively, uncertain of this new town and its peoples. Glancing down momentarily, she seems to focus on the DeVris symbol and smiles a bit more relieved.*

"Well met..." *she says smiling shyly to Kathryn, then nods a bit* "yes, I ran into a bit of trouble earlier in the day, but all seems well now." *Ehlurahn speaks as though trying to downplay the risks she faced, then pauses again and wipes a small wisp of hair out of her eyes, tucking it behind her ear, while she looks up a the Inn and around to the surrounding area.* "Is this the place they call 'Legacy'?"
Vosh
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Vosh »

*A lizard-man with armor-like scales beneath thick plate-mail and a blue-and white tabard watches the newcomer’s approach attentively. He is unarmed, but the claws that emerge from his heavy cloak look like they could rend steel. His evident caution toward the stranger lessens as she responds to Kathryn, but his interest picks up at mention of a struggle.*

“Thisss iss Legacy. Pleassse explain the nature of your conflict today.”
Ehlurahn
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Ehlurahn »

*Ehlurahn looks from Kathryn to Vosh and smiles a greetings to him, with a nod and bow to him, then Kathryn, as she remembers her manners. Turning to face them both as she speaks, she maintains as much eye contact as possible with them both, as well as good posture.*

"I ran into two men earlier who thought I might be 'easy pickings.' I daresay they found out that was not the case, though I wouldn't necessarily say that it was all my strength in combat," *her hand unconciously rises to her abdomen, where a larger amount of blood mats the pelts she dons* "but it seems I was fated to walk away from the incident."

*She pauses in speech and looks from Vosh to Kathryn, glancing down once more to her DeVris symbol, then up to her eyes again.*

"Though the matter seems resolved and I doubt I shall see either again, is there an authority here in town to whom I should report this matter?"
Torvach

Post by Torvach »

*the large barbarian leaning against the Inn wall speaks up*

Ya just informed them, where, when and a description would be the next things I'd like to know before I start tracking.

*smiles at Kathryn*

That is if our dear Cavalier dosen't mind letting the town guard do some justice. Don't worry, I promise to question them first before I beat them to death with their own limbs.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Would you like some help tracking them, Torvach? I'll leave it to you to take care of the particulars, if they're still in town. If they're outside of town... well... we can go from there.

*she gives a good-natured grin back*

*To the new-comer*

Do you need healing? I think it's likely that there are healers inside.
Ehlurahn
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Ehlurahn »

*Ehlurahn smiles, seemingly reassured by the attention and desire of these three to enforce the King's laws. She shakes her head to Kathryn upon the query of her health.*

"No, I'm alright and have some small ability to heal myself. But thank you, m'lady for the offer." *Nodding a bit to herself, she looks down at herself, trying to think of where to begin.*

"I had been traveling here, to Legacy, from Midway, when I encountered two men in a barren area. As I approached them, I greeted them as I did you all and we began conversing for a short while. At one point one of the men - who was tall..." *She pauses and looks to Torvach and smiles a bit* "About as tall as you, m'lord, though he was skinny and awkward..." *pauses a second to recall where she was going with her statement* "This tall man, happened to step off to my side and slightly behind me, seemingly preoccupied with something in his pouch, while the other man engaged me in conversation, obviously to distract me."

*Ehlurahn pauses a moment and purses her lip, slightly embarrassed at how easily she had trusted the two and gotten herself into a risky situation.*

"Within four or five minutes of initially meeting them, the tall man spoke a few words that I did not understand and I suddenly felt the brunt of some magics at my back. I was not effected and quickly drew my sword, going first for the man with whom I was speaking. Since this man was not armed, I would not strike against him, however I advised him and his friend to travel in the direction from whence I came."

"I thought that they would heed my warning, however the mage who struck me first attempted to jump on me from the side to disarm me. I averted this attack, but it allowed the other man enough time to draw his weapon and strike at me." *She motions to her side.*

"I think the other two may have underestimated me, or thought that the initial spell would be enough to fell me, but I quickly dropped the armed man and turned to the Mage and told him to heed my initial offer and walk away. This time, the Mage did walk away while I knelt by the other man's side and began stabilizing him. Once the Mage was out of sight and the other man was out of danger from bleeding to death, I left the site."

*Ehlurahn pauses, thinking a moment, then nods once more.* "I believe that is all." *She looks to the three to see if they require anything else of her.*
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn nods as she listens to the story*

My thanks, though I am not a lady. Simply Kathryn will be fine.

*She looks over at Torvach*

Sounds like they might be outside of town. Care to come along and help me catch them?
Torvach

Post by Torvach »

*still smiling*

Of course Kathryn, let's be off. Course now we're talking Kimberlyn's job too... spose we should try to bring the mage back more or less alive then, too bad neither of us can heal.

Vosh... yeah, I don't have to tell you to guard the town till I get back do I.... after you Kathryn.
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Quietly approaching both Kathryn and Torvach*

Well instead of round-aboutly talking about said Mage Hunter, why not just say, "Hey Kimberlyn, there might be some rogue magi activitiy, care to go hunting?" Upon which I'd say, "sure lead the way".

*She looks at Torvach and grins.*

So how about I tag along with you all.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Ehlurahn
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Ehlurahn »

*Ehlurahn looks around at the four, impressed and seemingly pleased by something. After Torvach makes a comment about healing, Ehlurahn waits for a moment to pipe in:*

"If you all would permit me, I would show you the way from whence I came and can offer my limited services in healing to ensure the perpetrators are brought to trial, as deemed appropriate."
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn takes a moment to look closely at the stranger to see if they are a magi.*

(OOG: Sense magic level eight )
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Looks over at Torvach as Kimberlyn invites herself along*

Well, I don't mind if Torvach doesn't.

*She looks back at the injured woman.*

Are you sure you are fit for travel? How far is it to where you were attacked?
Torvach

Post by Torvach »

*looks at the young woman*

Well, I was kinda hoping they wouldn't quite make it to trial, lot easier for everyone after all.

*shrugs*

The wilderness is a dangerous place after all, never know what might attack a weary traveler... wolves for instance.

C'mon Kimberlyn, Kathryn, let's go kill... yeah, bring to trial, some outlaws.