Jackoric House.
Things of note in the world at large that your character would notice. These posts are In-Game. You cannot create topics here, but you can reply to them.

Moderator: Moderators

GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Jackoric House.

Post by GM Evan »

Early in the morning, or perhaps late in the Evening depending on your perspective a large wave of force erupts from the Jackoric house.

The wave ripples across all of Midway lifting people several inches off the ground and throwing them up to fifty feet as it cascades through the town.

Slowly regaining your feet you look around and notice that nothing in town appears to have been damaged, or even affect by this wave, except for living beings.

OOC:
P.S. For those of you who followed the tugging, this incident took place about 30 minutes after you woke up from the dream.

Feel free to post your reactions here or to PM them to me.
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

*Nyrhtak's head slams into the door of the Inn and he stands up groggily.*

What the....

*He stands dazed for a moment.*

........Chaos?

*Nyrhtak sprints toward the Jakoric house (avoiding the giant gaping hole next to it) .*
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Running towards the Jakoric house

Post by Mary Baker »

Shouting and breathless Mary runs at full speed towards the house. You may notice her swords are in her hands, but no sheath around her waist. Her hair is somewhat disheveled as if she just awoke.

"Nyrhtak! Is Sylas okay? How about the women and CHildren?

It's Re'gaul! We have to get everyone together! Re'gaul is back. I think he may plan to release Myrkul. He means to destroy all of Phantara!"
Head Magistrate, House DeVris,
Legacy Chapter
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

WHAT!?!
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai

Former Head of V.L.O.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn follows behind Mary while finishing buckling her armor. She catches the end of Mary's explanation.*

Re'gaul! I had a dream about Re'gaul last night... A small boy came and drew me into another plane, I think, in my dream, and said there was danger. Then a man came and said Re'gaul is responsible for the danger. Did you have the same dream?
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*As you approach the Jakoric House, a woman runs out. Those of you who have been to the House would recognize her as the house maid.

She runs around to the entrance of the School yelling as you aproach.*

"Mr. Sylas needs help" *she then rushes in the door of the school*

*If you enter the school there seems to be some disorder, but everything seems ok. Those entering the Jakoric House find Sylas laying in the common hall, the door to his room shattered from the inside out. He leans akwardly against the wall with one arm clutching a wooden staff to his chest, in the other hand lays the broken hilt of his Order Sword, the blade lays somewhere near his feet. He is bleeding from many small wounds, and is unconscious.*
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

*Nyrhtak rushes in and glares at the scene unfolding before him. He growls and reaches out an empty hand, white light sparks out from it, flaring out into the shape of a sword, dims and is replaced by shining translucent crystal. He rushes forward, looking in all directions, waving his sword as though at some unknown force. He bends down and places his hand over Sylas's mouth, checking for breathing, then touches Sylas on the shoulder, lightly shaking him.*
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai

Former Head of V.L.O.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn enters the house looking for Sylas. If Mary and Nyrtak follow she turns to them*

I have no healing skill at all, but he looks alive. I'll go see if I can find a healer, one of you two should check the school to make sure there aren't any hurt children in there. If you can find the maid maybe have her check the rest of the house to make sure everyone else is ok.

*Kathryn heads to the inn, looking for one of the healers in town*
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Following the maid...

Post by Mary Baker »

Mary begins to follow the maid and then pushes past her upon seeing the remains of Sylas's door.

She prys the broken hilt from his hand and then reaches in her pocket. Not even curious as to the extent of his wounds she begins pouring cure wounds potions into his mouth.
"Someone get in here and do this right! Damn it! We need a healer! Tell the maid to check the children and others for any wounds. Someone is likely pierced by the shards of this door. Get them all together in one spot."

She smacks Sylas' cheek somewhat roughly and shouts at him. "Wake UP! What do you think you were doing!? Get up you silly fool! Open those eyes!"

She opens another potion to put down his throat.

*awaiting any reponse*
Legacy Chapter
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

Examining Sylas he appears to be alive...Barely.

His body is covered in lacerations as if a pane of glass had just exploded outward at him and all the little shards cut him. It also appears that he was thrown a good 40 feet from a room at the end of the hallway and he is sitting where he landed.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Running into the Jakoric House with both shortsword out. She sees Sylas on the ground and goes over to him, not saying a work and begins checking him out to see just how badly injured he is and attempts to revive Sylas.*

(OOG note: have first aid and lvl 1 healing)
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

mary steps back

Post by Mary Baker »

mary steps back to allow kimberlyn to further examine him. She wrings her hands and then runs them through her hair.
Legacy Chapter
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Looks towards Kathryn

Post by Mary Baker »

You had the same dream too.

This was no dream. We need to get the town together. How many of us got warnings? We need to compare notes. Re'gaul will tear through here like flame through parchment.

I want to talk to Sylas too. I hope it's not what I think it is. He could be in a lot of danger.

Did you hear the boy run away? We need to know if that is real. If the boy is still on this plane. He's going to need help and so will we.
Legacy Chapter
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Returns from the Inn and sees that Kimberlyn is helping Sylas*

Oh good, you have healing skills, right?

*notices the potion vials laying around*

Well, I think that part is pretty well covered...

*To Mary*

Yes, I heard the boy running away when I woke up. I think we need a tracker.
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

Walking around inside the house you hear a crunching sound as you step down. Its almost like the sound of broken glass being stepped on, but yet somehow different. In this dim light you cant really make anything out, but eventually a light is provided and you see small black shards on the floor. They appear to be like shards of glass...only they are not glass, they are more like solidified shadow.

Sylas's wounds slowed down in bleeding when the potions were applied, but once used the wounds again start to bleed and a pool of red blood begins to mingle with the shards on the ground.