Staying here I get the feeling....
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Wren
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Staying here I get the feeling....

Post by Wren »

*An Avyana runs into the bar an slams the door shut looking exhasted and on edge* :shock:

I have a question to everybody in this tavern. I'm not saying I've been to alot of places or anything and I'm not the most experiance of adventurers, but staying here I get the feeling that one of you or mabye all of you did somthing to really make somone or something angry. If you have a moment could you tell me about it so I know of who to avoid, and particulary where to aviod, it would make wandering around amlessly alot.....well safer, maybe.
Wren of the Red and Black
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

It might be easier to tell you who we haven't made angry.

Post by Guest »

Caution is always advised when confronted with the unfamiliar.

... Waitaminute...

*Looks carefully at the other Avyana*

*Runs away*
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis speaks up from the corner.

Interesting question... who hates us and who fears us?

Not many hate us, as this town does deal effectively with those who act against us. Those that hate the members of Midway tend not to live all that long. Necromancers, rogue mages, enemies of the Kingdom, etc.

As for who fears us or otherwise would not be too happy if you announced yourself as a member of Midway?

Necromancers would fear most members of this town if caught by a more powerful force. Only a few here have any traffic with the black arts.

Rogue Magi would fear our Mage Hunter Kimberlyn as well as most members of the Guild of Magi.

Anyone who has ever considered breaking the law would likely fear Kathryn Skress and Maria Rossinante as they do believe in harsh justice.

Those who fear depravity would likely fear the fearless leader of our Sensualist Guild.

Those who spill alchohol would fear the wrath of the Mighty Fergus and the Bombastic Bombour.

Those who would harm the forest or it's natural creatures would likely fear those members of this town with connections to the large Wood Elven encampment not that far too our north.

As for any others who would hate or fear us... this would be a bit more precious of information, and as such, comes with a price.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Wren
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Wren »

Darthesis, has anyone ever comented on your astonishing ability to say many things and also say nothing at the same time? Thank you for you info though I'll be weary of enimes of the kingdom, necromancers, and rouge mages. Thank you.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I say what needs to be said, and I leave what people want me to say... for proper payment. It is indeed a skill of mine.

As for those rouge mages, I'm not sure that all of them are bad. Mages who were red or rouge are considered tacky by some, but some of the most powerful mages do indeed develop an ego of the sort that is only appeased by wearing bold colored clothing.

Rogue mages on the other hand, are... I believe... all considered officially tacky in nature by the crown. Although if you wish to be absolutely sure on that point, I'd speak to a mage hunter.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Wren
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Wren »

what do you mean by "for proper payment"
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I mean that, like in most cases, detailed information on what you ask about is available from my organization... for the right price.

I doubt you are interested in paying for what other people will offer for free in this case, but if you want it to be 100% accurate, then you know whom to turn to.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

I believe you will find at this early stage of your adventureing Darthesis' prices are a little too high. Unless it is a very obvious answer. But as far as I can tell NOTHING will be more reliable.

Kind of sad in a way, if he worked for the Truth, think of the mystries he could uncover and the good he could do in a name other than gold.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Wren
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Wren »

well paying for the information is somthing that I would rather not do so I'll just watch my step from now on.
Jenna
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Jenna »

Darthesis *does* work for the truth, after a bit people get tired of paying for half-truth. Kinda like you can get maple syrup from a tree or from an alchemist's vial. You pay extra for the real deal.

Curse it, now I wants pancakes.
Jenna's 8th rule: "However long it took to get f*cked up, it'll take longer to fix it."
Wren
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Wren »

:idea: i Know I'll just fugure out myself and if worst comes to worse then I'll have to bring in the cash but it was more wondering than worring I'll be shure to note that Darthisis is in good with the knoledge department
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

I was referring to the preverbal truth, i.e. the greater understanding of things, and not the reliability of the truthfulness of what he sells. As stated his reliability is 99%, much higher than any I have met.

But unfortunately he works for the coin, selling truth, and not for the truth itself.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Oh but I do work for the truth...

I work for the truth that you get what you pay for.

I work for the truth that nothing of quality is ever free.

I work for the truth that something gained without effort is never valued highly.

In fact, I seem to work for many truths. They are simply not the same truths you hold most dear.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Wren
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Wren »

Is money really that important to you that you would treat somone differant according to pocket size?