how to deal with the Baby Armor Necromancer
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

how to deal with the Baby Armor Necromancer

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

So we need to set forth a plan to deal with this Necromancer.

First off avoid engaging him. Anything you do he will use magic to counter and then use a baby to refuel his spent magic. You might think you have a good plan, but his is better.

Second, we need to make this potion of armor removal. We need to confirm how to make the potion and where to get the materials to do it.
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
olaf
Drinking Contest Contender

Re: how to deal with the Baby Armor Necromancer

Post by olaf »

"Worse! He can control your mind! Olaf have thick skull - takes a lot to get though - but he kept at it until he did! Made Olaf consider him friend! How can Olaf crush Necromancer if he seems a friend?"
agmundr
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by agmundr »

*Agmundr looks up for his tankard, and nods a the other talk. He than gets up goes over to get a refill as well as get more drinks for his friends.*

"Chronixxx you have the New Dawn at your call. When you say the word we will be ready to do that what is needed."

*Agmundr looks over to Olaf than points to his drink.*
Safyr, Gan to the Breath of the Asp
Qara Aslan to the Company of the New Dawn
Batu to the Mongke Oyugun
Member of the Seer's Guild
Enforcer to House Mandalor
Jason Blackstone
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Jason Blackstone »

Well i can muster a little support from the guild of see'rs and have them try to get some advice as to where we can start to locate a direction into this problem but its only a small pull of support im refering to.

will just need an idea for some questions they might be able to devine about.

(jason takes a long draw from his tankard)
Thanks agmundr for this drink it hits the spot after them damb wolves tore me up looks like its a few days of rest for me though.

olaf if he was able to sway your perseptions then im fearful of his powers even more.
you are a great friend and i would not like to have to deal with you and this necro at the same time if he is able to enchant you.
we will have to try and find some items to give some protection from negetive magic and curses.
(Jason Blackstone)
Guild Head of the Arm's and Armor's Guild.
Guild Head of the Mercs Guild.
Foreman at the docks of Iron-guard.
Grandmaster smith of silverthorne.
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

*MORGRIN, steps into the tavern. A massive sword, nearly as long as himself strapped across his back, his body covered in a wore suit of chain mail.*

"I can help you."
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Baronial Magistrate and House Head of Ironguard
Commander of The Black Fleet,
Master of the Long Knives.
olaf

Post by olaf »

Olaf quaffs his drink and slams the empty mug down. "There can be no protection. If Necromancer fails to take mind first time, he just eats a baby and tries again. Armor must go. Until gone, he can't be crushed."
Vaanak
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Vaanak »

"I agree with Olaf. If we give him what he wants then it just makes things worse. We need to destroy him." Vaanaks face is stony and her voice just as hard. It is obvious the last thing she wants to do is kill babies, but her desire to get rid of the necromancer is becoming too strong to ignore.
Vaanak the Orc
All around awesome orc.
dier_cire
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by dier_cire »

"Actually, I didn't see any babies being eaten during his charms. If you did, I'm curious why he didn't use them on me"
"It would be good to know if it's possible the babies cannot be used offensively"
Eld - retired
Karn
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis enters the Inn slowly but surely, his usual garb apparent in his blue's and black's, and the shine of at least a dozen blades visible even just where his cloak does not cover.

I have seen many strange and terrible things in my time, and I've heard of even more. In fact sometimes I think to myself I may have seen the darkest depths of depravity. However, after all of those times I am reminded that the horrors of necromancy knows no bounds.

A necromancer wearing a suit of living babies?

I freely admit this is a first for me, and some people tend to think of me as a know-it-all.

*** Darthesis moves over to a corner and leans against the wall.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Res is sitting at the counter with a mug of ale. He gives Darthesis an appraising look, his eyes lingering on the knives, then pipes up* "Wait wait... he actually EATS the babies? *He grimaces in disgust, then takes a sip from his ale* "That's easily the most disgusting thing I've heard all week." *He frowns, considering something* "eh. Well maybe not all week, but at least the last few days."

*He puts the mug on top of the bar and flashes a grin to the barkeep, then looks back to the room* "In fact, I am so disgusted that I will offer my services for a grossly discounted rate. *He frowns* " er... no pun intended."
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

fills another mug look over at darthesis from behind the bar. Long time no see I have some paper work for you to sign when you get the time.

That is if your still are in need of it.

For the armor is it just straps that hold it together or is it well bonded to the necro since who knows when dealing with them. If it's just straps why not just cut them lose by targeting the armor and not the wearer.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
AlexV

Post by AlexV »

Stag lifts his head up from the bar, bleary eyed he speaks up.

"He doesn't eat the babies, their absorbed into his body. And the armor seems to be grafted to his body, like its a part of him now. We tried targeting the armor, and the only thing that accomplished was the death of another tot. This puzzle is the most frustrating thing i have ever encountered. It truly is a conundrum."
Vorrin Lambsheart
Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

His armor is melded with his body so there are no straps to cut. My guess is that he has a lot protection spells cast on him, the when he uses one of those up he re-casts it and absorbs a baby to replenish his spell power. Then I'm sure if he gets low enough on his baby supply he will just teleport somewhere and replenish his stock of babies. We did find a cache of about 60 babies in stasis. I'm going to assume there are more since hundreds of babies have gone missing.

So a combat with him will only led to more absorbed babies and upset families. We need to find a better solution. Daniel mentioned a flower that can make a potion that can remove a suit of armor. Then I heard it only blooms on a full moon in the Cave of the Ancients.
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
agmundr
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by agmundr »

*Agmundr hands Jason his drink as well as one to Olaf and Vaanak. His face is some what calm as he listen to everyone talk.*

"Hmm do you think that Jack might beable to help with this problem. Or what of Aroura has anyone talk to her as of late?"
Safyr, Gan to the Breath of the Asp
Qara Aslan to the Company of the New Dawn
Batu to the Mongke Oyugun
Member of the Seer's Guild
Enforcer to House Mandalor
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

*Vaellar speaks up from his spot next to the back door of the Inn*

"Why not lure him into or create around him a magic dead zone? That should in theory cause his baby armor to become inert thus allowing people to kill him without the lose of anymore babies. I suppose he could just kill the babies or hold them hostage but with enough raise dead's that is fixable. Unless he is magic live this should work.

If you need assistance with creating the magic dead zone please let me know, I have several ideas on how it can be done but dont wish to speak of it in such a public location."

"Oh...and Barkeep...my mug is empty!" *waves his empty mug in the general direction of the barkeep*