Character rewrite
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Packets
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Character rewrite

Post by Packets »

So... the character rewrite that we get within our first three events... how does that work? Is it the same character with the same money and equipment and CP? Is it completely new at 100 CP and all starting equipment? Or does it use earned items and money and just lets you change everything?

I ask partially because I wanna change. Most of what I wanna change is my persona. Mostly the same mechanical build but changing to a desert Barbarian instead of being form the north. Basically a reset rp wise.

I am unsure if I should make the change sooner or later. I don't wanna lay down too many rp roots only to have to start over the following event....
Nyiri - Desert Fox Bar Bar
AKA
Cubone - The Not a Necromancer
Timin
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Re: Character rewrite

Post by Timin »

The rewrite is a chance to change anything and everything about your character. You can do a minimal change like altering weapon skills to a complete over-haul like changing from a Orc Guardian to a High Elven Mage.

When you rewrite you get to keep all of your currently earned CP to spend on the new character, regardless of what and how you want to change. You can also keep all of your earned money and equipment for your new character. The exception to this is if your are completely overhauling your entire character into a completely new PC, and the old PC had a significant named artifact item (a new High Elf Mage isn't going to just show up in town carrying Earthbreaker the artifact hammer that was earned by the Orc Guardian for defeating the Orc Chief in a combat challenge last moon). In that situation the player can request to turn in the hammer to the GM and have it replaced with something more useful to the new PC.

For something as minor as you are looking to do, there is no need to worry about any of your equipment or CP. Just make your RP change and everyone in the game will just pretend that you had hit your head and didn't know what you were talking about the last couple moons saying you were from the North when you obviously came from a more southern and warmer tribe.
--------------------------------------------------
Timin the Gnome!!!
Lieutenant of Gnomercy
"You either die being a true gnome ... or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Hawke wrote:CP is just a matter of time, and a way of metering power, because Timin can't be trusted not to go Super Saiyan on us when he's bored without it.
Gekek
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by Gekek »

Western tribe, the desert is west. The southern barbarians live in swamps... The really southern ones are in the jungles. :)
Otherwise Timin is correct about rewrites for characters still within their first three games.
Gekek Farwalker,
Lion Tribe Warrior, First Warden of Lion's Pride Peak
Scout, Member of The Keepers
Head of House Toevass in the Campbell Thanedom, Keeper of the Fifth Tome
Slayer of Vath, Guardian of Phantara

Mike, Assistant GM, Logistics team Player Marshal, Magic Marshal, and Rules Team
Timin
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Timin »

Gekek wrote:Western tribe, the desert is west.
If she wants to say that she is from THAT desert then I wouldn't blame her for leaving ... and I'd be more impressed that there is a tribe that exists there. Especially with that desert being the home of the Red Keep and swarming with undead. She could also say the tribe exists in the Great Salt Flats ... those actually ARE to the north ... sort of.
--------------------------------------------------
Timin the Gnome!!!
Lieutenant of Gnomercy
"You either die being a true gnome ... or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Hawke wrote:CP is just a matter of time, and a way of metering power, because Timin can't be trusted not to go Super Saiyan on us when he's bored without it.
Packets
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Packets »

Is the desert swarming with undead? That would be good to know XD
Nyiri - Desert Fox Bar Bar
AKA
Cubone - The Not a Necromancer
Dietrich
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Dietrich »

No it is not. There are parts of it where there are a lot of undead though. Other parts just are extremely inhospitable. Pretty sure we still have giant worms and the such out there. Think DUNE minus weird space drugs.
Hozier - Arsonist's Lullaby wrote:When I was a man I thought it ended
When I knew love's perfect ache
But my peace has always depended
On all the ashes in my wake

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash
X-GM Brian

Post by X-GM Brian »

Imagine the sea of dust (the giant dessert) to be kind of like Austrailia...chicks may have awsome accents, but everything there tries to kill you.
Henrik of Castileon
Commander of Gnomercy
House Toevass
Earth Warden of Midway

The Words:
Gekek

Post by Gekek »

There are people perfectly capable of surviving there though, like barbarians ;), Fire Elves, Efreet and others.

The Great Salt Flats feel more like Arctic Barbarian or Orc turf to me.
Gekek Farwalker,
Lion Tribe Warrior, First Warden of Lion's Pride Peak
Scout, Member of The Keepers
Head of House Toevass in the Campbell Thanedom, Keeper of the Fifth Tome
Slayer of Vath, Guardian of Phantara

Mike, Assistant GM, Logistics team Player Marshal, Magic Marshal, and Rules Team