New arrival
The Mage's guild tower within the town of Midway. Internal Access is restricted to official members of the mages guild. Knock and politely request entrance, or face the consequences.
Mi'Los Dendramont

New arrival

Post by Mi'Los Dendramont »

A cloaked figure arrives outside the tower. Cautiously the figure approaches the door.

Knock, Knock

Taking two steps back the figure calmly awaits a response.
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Re: New arrival

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

* a dusty woodelf opens the door*

Hello, How may I help you?

*waits for responce*
Gone and Yet not gone
Mi'Los Dendramont

I was told to come to this tower and seek out the head of the mage's guild who goes by the name of Aroura.
Mi'Los Dendramont

“As I am a stranger to these lands, and do not know the traditions of this guild I am not sure if I need to occupy the guildmasters precious time. I am under the impression that as a mage I must come here to register myself as a practitioner of the great art. Also it would stand to reason that should I be able to prove myself worthy enough I would be able to find the resources and guidance required to deepen my mystical abilities and understanding.”

The figure removes his hood revealing himself to be a young high elf.

“Forgive me for not introducing myself. I am Mi'Los Dendramont”

With a polite bow he pauses awaiting a response.
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*wipes dust off her hands*

Nice to meet you Mi'Los Dendramont, I am Aroura of Silverwillow Archan of the local chapter of the mage's guild. There is only two things I must do before registering you with the mage's guild.
First is *raises hands* "sense magic level 5" (basically checking if you are necromantic)
(assuming that comes out fine)

Second I need to give you the option to join the mage's guild or House Tovas. Now I cannot offer you a membership for house Tovas just let you know that is a option for mage's. For now I will register you with the mage's guild and if you deside that you would rather be in house Tovas just let me know. House Tovas is more on item creation, scrolls and magic research. where as the mage's guild is more broad on magic. It is your choice weather to check out House Tovas or not.

I can help teach you certain things, and we have mage's guild members in town who can help you with other things. Do you know what type of magic you wish to pursue? It is fine if you don't yet.

But for now you may come and go in the mage's tower, just make sure to only go where we have checked. The tower was closed for awhile and we want to make sure no traps go off on people we like. *smiles*
Gone and Yet not gone
Mi'Los Dendramont

(no necromancy about him)

“Forgive my ignorance Archan” *bows deeply*

“ I appreciate the choice in this matter. While the idea of magical research is tempting I believe the idea of a mages guild suits my direction better at the moment. For the moment I am a generalist when it comes to magic. While this does not allow me the benefit of specialization it also does not limit me in such a fashion.

I appreciate your time as well as the allowance for me to visit at your tower. If you would let me know where not to go I will be careful as to not cause a disturbance.
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

Do not worry about not knowing me yet. Our Archan's of the past have changed hands several times.

You can stay here in the mage's tower in the barracks, third floor I believe. The library is open though I'm still reorganizing our books. Many were relocated when the tower closed, so it may be a bit spare right now. While you are welcome to read them I just ask that they remain in the library.

And should you ever change your mind just let me know and i'll introduce you to our local Tovas member.

The only place I ask you not to go for now is the roof. Otherwise feel free to come and go just clean up after yourself is all I ask for now.
Gone and Yet not gone
Mi'Los Dendramont

I appreciate your kindness. I would be willing to give you a hand, as it seems like there is a lot to do getting the mage tower back in order. I am most interested in the library, especially what spells there are available. Let me know what you might need of me, and I will do what I can.
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

*A small guthrie glowing with bluish magical energy appears at the entrance to the mages tower. He appears somewhat distracted as he looks at Aurora heading into the tower.*

"Aurora! Is the mages guild kitchen open yet? You did have a kitchen installed right, and hired the finest chefs in all of Silverthorn to make me...er...I mean the guild members, the finest of fare to keep out strength up while we fly um....scour the library full of boring stuffy old books.

*The guthrie pauses for a few moments and appears to be thinking*

"Remind me again why this tower is such a great thing? I suppose this means we are going to start paying dues to the local guild again in order to pay for renovations...."

*Wanders off into the tower deliberately stepping in as many places that appear to be untravelled as possible occasionally saying things like "I wonder what that trap does" or "I knew I lost you somewhere" as he steps on a dust covered spot only to have nothing happen or picks up a bauble and places it in his pocket*.
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

*Rooks comes stumbling up to the tower, attempting to badly sneak behind Vay*

"I'll help with the cleaning... i bet my favorite spell would just do wonders to the building... It'll at least shake all the dust free..."
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

Hello Vellar,
I don't remember the mage's tower having a kitchen, but if you want one then I will have to start up the dues to pay for such a renovation. The dues will more be kept for new spells, scrolls and teachers though.

Does your tower have a kitchen & chef's?

If you are having fun checking for traps, please continue, just mark them for those of us who can't find them on our own please. Edrick is around here somewhere checking other places as well.

*looking at rooks*

Please don't cast earthquake is here, I don't want the building falling down around my head or all the dust jumping up and coating everything that wasn't covered before.

*looking at Mi'Los*

Let me introduce you to two other members,
The guthrie is Vaellar & The high elf with a beard is Rooks Reayvalynn. Vaellar, Rooks this is Mi'Los Dendramont. I am sorry I don't know Vaellar's surname. Mi'Los I'm sure you have heard of both of them, but only believe some of the stories. *smiles at the two other mage's*

Mi'Los the only help I need currently is cleaning and organizing. Either job can have multiple helpers.
Gone and Yet not gone
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*A loud explosiion is heard and some cussing is heard. A smoking Edrick walks by enterance mumbling under his breath and seeming preoccupied*
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
dier_cire
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by dier_cire »

*Eld wanders in*
I see Edrick is proving useful as always. :)

I can assist if needed. I promise not to teleport things to random locations and end up any any wanted posters.
Eld - retired
Karn
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*jumps at the explosion*

Edrick are you all right? *first aid* How goes the searching?

Hello Eld, sounds good.
Gone and Yet not gone
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

I'm alright. That why I wear armor. But I have to say this place is a death trap. The folks before you must have been pariniod. It will take time, but I will have all the traps located for you.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan