Mages guild
The Mage's guild tower within the town of Midway. Internal Access is restricted to official members of the mages guild. Knock and politely request entrance, or face the consequences.
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Mages guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*Aroura unlocks the mage's guild tower and walks in minding to be careful of all the old trap locations*

Well looks like we could use a little dusting in here. * :) as she looks around the old tables*

*Starts arranging the books and papers on the tables.*
Gone and Yet not gone
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Re: Mages guild

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick Approachs the tower and knocks on the door*

Hmm, nice place
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Approaches Edrick carrying some ripped cloth and a bucket filled with water, Kimberlyn sets down the bucket and knocks on the door.*

Aroura, hey I thought you could use a hand getting this place set up again to house mages. I'm sure it's in need of a bit of work and seeing I have time to kill these days, might as well make use of it.
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*Aroura opens the door*

Hello Edrick & Kimberlyn, if you are willing to help clean you are both welcome to come in.

*Steps to the side to let them in*
Gone and Yet not gone
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn tosses Edrick a rag as he enters and looks at Aroura*

I figured you could use the help. Besides I'm going a little stir crazy.
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

Always up for some help. Just be careful to walk where I do, or *gesturing to Edrick* if you notice any traps. Just stay on this level for now. Till I get a chance to check out the other levels.

Thanks for your help.

*goes back to organizing & cleaning*
Gone and Yet not gone
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Edrick*

I'd pay close attention to her. I lived here once if I remember correctly but my memory as to what was where might be a little foggy.

*She smiles*

Long story...very long story.
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

*edrick grabs a rag and grins*

Auroa, if you would like, I can map out all the danger's in this tower and let you know what they can do. I can also suggest some defensive improvements if you would like. Security is my job and willing to help where I can. :D
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

Edrick, That would be most helpful, since I am going by memory alone. I do know any non-mage should avoid the roof. I can handle what's up there. Otherwise I would appreciate your help.

(oog I remember the front door has something to prevent anyone not invited in, that is not a mage, the roof has several traps and I have to check with GM's if other things are still up there or not)
Gone and Yet not gone
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

I'll make a map of the tower and all that I find and hand it directly to you. I'll charge nothing because I like to help out my friends when I can. :D
The last thing we need to happen is a fellow towns member getting hurt by an unknown defesive measure.

I have also been listening to your talks with Rook's. So if you can read a magic scroll, you must be a regeristered with Tovas or the mages guild? I thought it was only if you could actualy cast. Hmm, how things change.

What are the benifits for being a member of the mages guild? What are the duties with being a member? I know what one of the benifits are, you get to use this cool mage tower!!
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn looks at Edrick while wiping down the table.*

What I can tell you from all I've done Edrick is that I was the happiest back when Mage Hunters were part of the Mage's Guild. The Council is fair and people like Aroura *she smiles* are some of the most loyal friends one could have.

Me learning how to read from a scroll just was far to useful in hunting down rogue mages and necromancers that I did not wish to give it up and have people inside my head removing that knowledge. I know back in the day the Guild would have applauded me for thinking outside the box to due what was a few months ago my job.

All I can tell you Edrick is that out of all the organizations I've been in or observed, the Guild of Mages has been one of the better run I've seen and yes there is this cool mage tower.
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

I am still finding out who exactly must register with the mages guild or house tovas. So if you can read magic, but that is all you can do magically for the moment I would say it's up to you if you want to join.
There are dues, to pay for more spells, buy scrolls, buy teachers & mentors ect. We are still figuring out how much that should be.
I know all this stuff will keep me busy for awhile, but once it's figured out, things should run more smoothly.
Gone and Yet not gone
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*She looks at Aroura*

By the way I don't want to be in Toevas at all.
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*to Kymberlyn*

I'm not asking you too, I've already invited you to legacy's mage's guild & from talking with Rooks sounds like that is just fine. *smile*
Gone and Yet not gone
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*She grins*

You know this moon is turning out to be one of the better ones I've had in a LOOONNNG time.

*Shakes her head*

Jakoric? Why would anyone ever think of me as Jakoric material. Why do people want me in politics so damn badly when I hate it. Can you answer me that question my friend?