Town Orginization
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Re: Town Orginization

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*Aroura frowns at the mention of payed help*

The problem with paying people money to run things is they need to have the heart of a person who works for the greater good of the town not for how much they get paid to do it. Also we have paid people to run protection, what we need is people to lead during major battles.
And I meant no pressure Edrick, just wondering if you'd be interested in any of it.

And Res, we are not saying to give over all control to these people till we know they can be trusted with such, just see who maybe interested. I think having some fresh eyes to see how the town runs, verses those of us who have been hear a long time and can't see the new possibilities anymore. It really may be a good thing.

*offers Res a drink*

(oog I agree having a couple new people step up would be good, but a couple old timers :) to help out isn't a bad thing)
Gone and Yet not gone
AlexV
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by AlexV »

Stag frowns, and turns towards Aroura.

"I meant for the information guys."
Vorrin Lambsheart
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*turns to Stag*

Thank you for the clarification. I'm sorry I misunderstood.
I think that is possible for the information gatherers, but keep in mind that when the bad guys come to us normally there is no treasure with them. And while I understand their resources are being used, so does each mage, alchemist, warrior and healer when bad things come to town with no payment offered afterward, sorry for any aspect I left out. Not that I'm complaining being part of the healers and charities guild, just saying most people don't get paid for there help in protecting town. Unless you are proposing to change that.
Gone and Yet not gone
AlexV

Post by AlexV »

Stag smiles

"I'm completely open to healing anybody in town for free. And i'm completely fine burning a few potions to help in an emergency. Going out of my way, to help people in other towns? That is completely different."
Vorrin Lambsheart
Bloodharp
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Bloodharp »

Mortimer perks his ears up from the corner he is curled up in, listening to the conversation.

"Mor'mar know good tactimics... need make shield bubble and hide magies in middle to blow up monsters. Then Therios can't use knighties to kill magies when not his turn. Why we no have knighties here? They fight TWO squares from opponenement."
Flamyras Kathson of the Sky - Retired
Grout "Mortimer" of the Order of the New Dawn
Dawn Silvermourne the Scholar
"foras sesto pondero ver"
celegar
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by celegar »

im always willing to offer healing and armor repair...for a nominal fee... and i mean really nominal, like 5 pemb per one 15th and experts ability.

also, i vote lochlain be in charge of all town defencive measure...and he should get a raise in pay for it.
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Res flashes Aurora a grin*, "I will gladly take that drink. And yeah, I was being more of a smartass than anything else." *he pauses to drink, then lowers his mug and states solemnly*, "It's how I help."

*Res looks over at Edrial and winks at him*, "As for you, 'bright-eyes', I LIKE you. You're smart, you put your ass on the line when it counted, and people seem to follow you. Dont get all bashful on us now. I seen more leadership from you in one night than I've seen from other men, who called themselves 'leaders', in years."
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Maka
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Maka »

*maka slams the door open and walks in with a somber look on her face. in a calm bold voice she says*

"I haven't heard much from outside, but I am here now. I am Captain of the Guard and I will lead our town in battle when it is in defense of the town. Make no doubt, that is my job, and I will be the one to do it. "

*maka walks over to a bunk and throws down a large amount of gear. She pulls some meat and a container of rotgut out and sits down to eat and drink*
Captain of the Town Guard
Hordemaster of Maka's Bludgeon and Brew
Member of the Alchemist Guild
Sadly resigned from House Mandalor
celegar

Post by celegar »

ziggy chuckes from behind the bar.

"she doesnt get it."
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Edrial
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Edrial »

*looks at res and shrugs*
Marcus always said leadership was as much stupid as talent. I think have proven the stupid part at least. Guess we just have to see if the talent part pans out or not.
-Edrial
-Head of House Mandilor, Midway
-Head of Crimson Steel
Rianna Lindsay

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*Aroura looks at Maka*

Maka, you misunderstand our conversation. We know you will guard the town with the help of the guardsmen. This discussion is for when we have a huge battle, who may lead the town as a complete group. You are in charge of the guardsmen, but who will lead the mage's, healers and other members of town. This is just for when big battles come to midway, not the day to day stuff. No one is saying you are not doing your job, or looking to take it from you.
Gone and Yet not gone
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

And please note, we need a couple of people to fill these roles when the main person is not around. So if Maka wants to be the main, than we need at least 1-3 more people to be backups.

It makes sense to me for the captain of the guard to be the main if Maka is willing. So the captain would be the war leader of the town in small and major battles.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Rowen Kane

Post by Rowen Kane »

i will take charge, i have extensive battle experience, and i know most of the towns folks strengths and weakness. you all my think that i am to unstable for the job but i assure you there is few better for the position. also i can stand in the front lines and direct from there. with few here can do.
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
Maka
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Maka »

I don't get why you guys think this is up for debate. This is an official position decided by people bigger than you.
Captain of the Town Guard
Hordemaster of Maka's Bludgeon and Brew
Member of the Alchemist Guild
Sadly resigned from House Mandalor
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

"All they're asking for is someone who is willing to organize the town during a massive assault. That is not an official position, just a volunteer one."
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway