Town Orginization
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

celegar
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Re: Town Orginization

Post by celegar »

*ziggy chuckles again from behind the bar*

"she still doesnt get it"

"id go for kane in a town battle, if only because i know he wouldnt fall down after three or four blows."
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Maka
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Maka »

"No I get it. But it's like saying 'We have a king, but on Tuesdays we need a different king'. If the massive assault is on the TOWN, it is MY business to direct. The only difference is that when there isn't a big assault most of you are too lazy to help keep your own town safe."

You have people who have been here less than a few moons trying to step up and get the 'position', this is stupid! This is MY JOB and if you aren't willing to follow me to GUARD THE TOWN in big events, then take the entire position away from me. Captain of the Guard is a really shitty position, but it's important and someone has to do it. To only do the tiniest part where when a big threat comes is really, really stupid. And Kane over here has had the captain taken away from him multiple times because he's unreliable, but he's bucking for the fun part of the job back.

This is my job. Follow me in battle or name a new Captain all together! You will NOT appoint someone to handle the only actual exciting part of the job, or I will quit the boring shitty parts too.

If you want to help me, then help me. If you want to talk tactics or know something I dont then help. But this conversation should be OVER."
Captain of the Town Guard
Hordemaster of Maka's Bludgeon and Brew
Member of the Alchemist Guild
Sadly resigned from House Mandalor
celegar

Post by celegar »

*nods,*

yup, still doesnt get it.

needing a leader for battle has nothing to do with your possition as guard captain. your job is to form and organize a town guard, and that is the extent of your authority in regards to the law abiding people of town. what we are discussing is somone to organize the non-town guardsmen and lead them collectively. to that end, it takes more than a title to become a leader, it takes respect and trust in the abilities of the person applying for th leadership possition. i dont believe that we are actually appointing anyone to a job, only discussing what we would need to do should the situation arise where we need organization.

dont get upset because people are dicussing having a military leadership in town, serve the town as guard captain, keep arresting people and putting them in jail, keep collecting bail monies, keep making sure assassins dont waltze up and gank people right outside the door. these are things that a guard captain does, but does not make them the leader of town.

i hope this clears things up a bit.
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

I personaly don't care who it is. I have no issues with anyone that has put their name up for the position. We just need a couple, not just one, of people who can orginize the town defenses. The captain of the guard makes sense, but we need a couple more people when Maka is not in town or off taking care of the kings business.

And who is interested in directing the folks who come in town asking for our help? I know Lochlian and Auroa do this, but we need a couple more people and a method to share information with each other. The communication between town members is not happening.

Bottom line, we need to pull together as a town and I'm open to suggestions to do this. Mine is these postions. It is about getting the job done, not about power or position.

So don't take offense on this discussion and please don't call the town members stupid. They are far from stupid and lazy, we as a whole just need guidence and direction.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Hamilcar barca
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Hamilcar barca »

Walks in blood splatered acrost his armor and head and takes a seat at the bar "ziggy gimmie a dwarven mead " he puts the coin down and looks around listening to the talk of appointi leaders pipes in"i seen ya in battle valk, yur not to bad, but i aint gonna follow ya,my thinkin is if you where a great leader you would still be in the army.that bing said i nominate my self for this position" thinks for a second" say aint this saposed to be the head of the guards job?
Hamilcar definious barca
lieutenant of the company of the new dawn
Gentleman of the fourth alliance
Purveyor of fine gems
DEAD AND GONE
Hamilcar barca
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Hamilcar barca »

Listens intently drinking his mead. Chokes on it a little when maka comparse her position to the king." what needs to happen is there needs to be a battle concil a group of maby four lead by one person with who every gives the orders to the other three and the three lead every one elns, or at least have two people at oposit sides of the field of battle ordering his group. For that mader we could break the town in to skirmish groups each grop with a leader
Hamilcar definious barca
Purveyor of fine gems
DEAD AND GONE
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

"Leading the town's defenses does actually fall to the Constable and Guard Captain. We are the ones that people should come to when the town is under attack. It may be useful to have a few people designated as backups if neither Maka nor myself are available, but ultimately the responsibility comes down to us two. If there is a better person to be in charge for a specific battle we will make that decison at that time.

As for backups for when Maka and I are gone, both Aurora and Edrick are fine. If we start adding too many people, the system will not work. If any have a problem with this, then come see me."
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Head of the Healer's and Charity's Guild of Midway
Player Ombudsman
Weapon Marshall
Hamilcar barca
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Hamilcar barca »

Hamilcar shrugs turning back to his mead " sounds good to me"
Hamilcar definious barca
Purveyor of fine gems
DEAD AND GONE
X-GM Snow
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by X-GM Snow »

*To Hamilcar*

Well, When the Sentinels find out that your elemental transformation is hereditary, and that you're a shitty mage, they tend to not want you around.

*Turns to Maka*

You're doing a decent job as the captain, but we need to work on some more tactics in case of attack. Me sitting in front of the door and having to kill everything is a shitty tactic. I'm not saying you don't know how, I would just like to see more things tried, and I'd also like to see a pay raise. Why the hell am I getting payed 20 pemb for doing all of the work when the other guard get the same amount, and do half of my work.

*Turns back to his drink, and you hear him mumble something along the lines of "Horse Shit."*
-GM Snow

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, did you try to kill that Unicorn?"

"Does my answer matter? You're going to try and kill me anyway."

"You're not wrong." *Deathstrike*
Maka
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Maka »

*maka stands up and addresses valkryn*

You piece of shit, seriously? How much do you think I even get paid?

First off - if you're in it for the money, get the fuck out.

Second off - No one told you here stand in front of this door. You chose to do that. I would have done it if you didn't want to. We had VERY little other options at that point. Almost the entire town was gone, including most of the guard, and all the weaker townsmembers were in the inn. To step outside exposed us to more at a time, standing at the door and taking care of them as they came in was the single most safe way to deal with them.

Fifth off - did you ever go on a single patrol? I know Vrogg and Kyle were constantly on patrol.

Get out of my fucking guard you pompass shit. Who wants to leave their life up to someone who's going to whine about doing the job? At this point we have a waitlist of people who want in the guard, and i certainly don't need someone who's going to address his problems like that.
Captain of the Town Guard
Hordemaster of Maka's Bludgeon and Brew
Member of the Alchemist Guild
Sadly resigned from House Mandalor
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

One, two, three...
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Not it. :)
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
celegar

Post by celegar »

not it
Rowen Kane
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Rowen Kane »

hey look everyone Pie! :lol:
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
X-GM Snow

Post by X-GM Snow »

*Valkren Chuckles*

Well, I'm not in it for the money. I did need a job, so if I'm going to kill shit, I want to at least get paid for it.

I don't need to be a member of the town guard to protect the town, and you're certainly not earning my respect by not showing up two gatherings in a row.
-GM Snow

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, did you try to kill that Unicorn?"

"Does my answer matter? You're going to try and kill me anyway."

"You're not wrong." *Deathstrike*