TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Re: TOWN COUNCIL MEETING

Post by pirateking89 »

"A majority of the council is all that's required for a vote to take place, Devris Lackey. We had that easily, so a representative for your house was not required. And if he's not the house head, I'd suggest speaking to your superiors about getting someone promoted. Would be daft for the town to continue to go without one.
And, of course, should you desire to take your tone to action, I'll keep a blade on hand for a proper quarrel."
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn, who has been sitting unobtrusively away from the action but listening to everything, speaks up*

Cudar, I have no quarrel with you and nor would I like one. I think we have a rather good working relationship and I would like to keep it that way. I highly respect your abilities and your House. Likewise, I would like to see you address my House members with proper respect. He is not a lackey, he is a Magistrate, and you may address him as such.

Further, if you would like to nitpick the law about council meetings and majorities, let me set all of you straight. In a vote to pass a local ordinance, all five members of a town council must be present. A majority is only required to pass the vote. All five must vote.
Boomer Powderbang
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Boomer Powderbang »

And if there isn't a fifth council member because no head of Devris is currently in town and/or there isn't a head?
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*smiles, unamused*

Then your ordinance will have to wait.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

Not really... it doesn't have to wait since you have members available from devris and kathryn if i recall your at the baronial level. For this area a baronial head is way more than what is needed not to mention should be able to announce who they choose to lead their house. Or am I wrong on your status with in your house.

So I think the town needs to know who are you going to have as your local representative since your family member has from what I now understand not been placed into that position.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Res grins drunkenly at Kathryn and states (a little too loudly)*, "Yeah I dunno if I'd go as far as wantin' a duel, but Cudar's a good guy. Seemed to me he was more respondin' to KenDick gettin' his undies in a twist 'cuz Cudar mispronounced his name. He got a little attitude-y that KenDick."
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
AlexV

Post by AlexV »

Stag stands up.

"Come on guys. Lets solve this like civilized gentleman. Cease the name calling, and lets see who can drink the most ale in an hour."
Vorrin Lambsheart
Boomer Powderbang

*Boomer, rifling through books while these exchanges continue, finally points at a spot in one of his books and says...*

AH HA! Well look at that....It appears that we need to get this Devris business sorted out right quick. Based on what I just read, not only is Kathryn spot on, but if there is indeed a power vacuum in Devris and we have no local head, until that power vacuum is filled we can consider the Town Council inoperable. Furthermore, if Devris does not appear as though it is going to have it's house in order soon, we as a village should call a vote on our Village Elder. If the Town Council is incomplete, then there really isn't a Town Council, meaning that we will be downgraded from a Town to a Village. Now, if Devris DOES in fact have a head, we just don't know who they are, I suggest that we discover that soon so that we can move forward.

As for all this fisticuff business, and jibber jabber about steel and pronunciation, I think we need to put that all aside and focus on what is important: The state of our town and the residents we serve.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*To Boomer*
Of course I'm right. It was a question of the law, and I have provided the answer. However, there is no need to jump the gun and demote this town to a village. It is a matter of course within Houses that a vacancy will open and an appropriate candidate will need to be found to fill it. It doesn't collapse entire governments in the meantime.

*To Green*
Perhaps your House is used to changing heads at the drop of a hat, but mine is not. I will discuss the matter with Jack and we will make a determination. In the meantime, since Boomer has already kindly described his plan, I suggest the Council call a recess until the DeVris House head is appointed.
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Res peers, bleary eyed at Stag for a moment and frowns, his hand resting on his dagger*, "Who's calling me names? I'll kill the bastard!" *He tries to get up, but is unable to stand and plops back down into his seat, disgruntled. "Wait... what were we talking about? *he pauses, and looks at Stag unsteadily.*
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

hey if you need to take time sure. so now I know when the thane asks why midways cities council is unable to make decisions we can say, well it's due to devris has left their head postion open for a few moons and needs to decide on who will it be still.

After all if your family member isn't the head then it's been open for sometime and my house has a head member and ohh look present for the meeting also.

My house may play roving local heads but we have one.

Adventuring note # 121

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*To Cudar*

"My apologies for my tone, I have been taking care of business that has been putting me on edge lately. I hope you can understand and we can put this matter behind us. I need to relax and grab a drink, and one for you too as an apology."
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
Boomer Powderbang

How about we all laugh this one off and head over to the Two Guthrie and a Gnome Tavern for a round of drinks on me and Maven?
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Looks at Merchant, "did you really just threaten to tattle tale on Kathryn the Bloody err Skress?

Oh and they are not related. I understand in your vast accounting and even with my own houses nose buried in books we don't always keep up with other houses. So myself for instance, I'm called a keeper. That doesn't make me related to the other keepers. Skress is an honorific that is taken, by some, to replace ones last name when they join house DeVriss. There is no blood relation. Typically Skress means, you screw up she chops off your head. You could say it's almost like a warning before a trial.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

Daniel tattle on someone no, if asked why there are no council meetings I would give an honest answer though that Devris doesn't have someone to represent.

I care a lot about this city. Then again..

Maybe I should just stop caring about this town and just go eh screw it let it be considered a village, let the thane get mad at it's inhabitants and see how run down it can get.

Adventuring note # 121