The Cave of the Ancients
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Re: The Cave of the Ancients

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

I only train those who have earned the right granted by the Thunderforge clan to use Mithral. Then if you can get enough Mithral to make a grand master suit of heavy for then I will train you.

And as for Order and Chaos, sentient items of those count. I think Sylas counts as 4 people. Remember that time he decided it was a good idea to venture to the Cave in the dream? And we had to go save him. But we couldn't take a full party because he took up too much space. So no sentient items please. Flint is the only person I have ever known not to count to the eight. My guess is Divin would not count either, and those two were the most chaotic people ever. But having not seen either of those two for many moons we shouldn't worry about that.
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

I thought at one point Nyrthak went with a group and was not counted towards he eight. Like I said, my information is not 100% accurate so that may be an error on my part or just a faulty recording in a book of knowledge I looked through regarding the cave.

-Vaellar
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Luckily there is a bit that I know of the cave that wasn't mentioned above that I might yet be able to sell. But yes Vaellar, you gave away the Lion's share of this town's knowledge of the entity/location. This is indeed one of the most dangerous places anyone will ever tread and to take any small bit of it lightly will mean your death. This is not for the faint of heart nor the inexperienced.

I have walked in the dreamscape wihout a path to follow, I have fought against a necromantic army of the Red Tear inside of their Headquarters, and I have battled to the center of a great Dark Elven city. However any of those do not cause me to take pause as much as the Cave of the Ancients.

I have been paid to go, and paid well. Without that I would assuredly pass on this task. Think twice before volunteering your services and quite possibly your lives in this venture. If anything any of us have said gave you pause, take that pause and step aside. I say this because I do not want my back guarded by someone who will not be ready to stand there against the onslaught that will be coming.

I am already collecting my specific resources I will need to perform my duties and survive. Everyone else thinking of joining should be doing the same. Potions, scrolls, trinkets of power, protective spells cast in advance. All of this and more will be required of everyone.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
olaf
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by olaf »

"Ha! It is Cave that will learn to fear Olaf! However... Hakon will have need of Spirit aid, for he must be able to smash all that face us. Cave not fear Olaf if Hakon wiffs harmlessly through its hoards!"

"And Vaellar and Darthesis speak wise on potions. Merchant! What have you for sale this day?"
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

If my understanding is correct, the cave itself is made up of Order. It contains evil and chaos, but I think it is more like a prison than a cave.

I have never known Order beings to not count toward the 8. I *HAVE* seen magic dead beings not count toward the 8, as well as Chaos Knights. I believe that Flint and I once entered the cave and there were 10 of us on that run.

I have not been able to "not count" since. I do not know of the rules have "changed" for those of us who are magic dead, or if it is because of the order that now radiates inside of me.

I'd be willing to bet that Necromancers and intelligent undead such as Vampires also do not count. While I have never tested this theory, it would not surprise me. In fact, it is entirely possible that another reason I was able to go in to be the "9th" or "10th" was because someone with us was not counted and we did not know the insidious reasons as to why.

I bring this up because you should probably keep the other group at your backs. Once the first group is done in the cave, have them wait outside to protect the cave instead of just dispersing. Last thing you want is for group 2 to be down on the 3rd or 4th level and a party of necromancers enter in behind them.

Again, this is only a theory of mine and nothing more. Be wary.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm