New to the Town
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

New to the Town

Post by IIzak Valen »

*An unfamiliar face pushes open the door to the inn, pushing his cowl off his face to reveal a head of short brown hair and a clean-shaven face. His dark green cloak covers his torso and a battered sword can be seen on his hip. He walks towards the bartender and places some coin on the counter*

" 'scuse me bartender, but could I have a bottle of elvish wine and a mug of dwarven ale? Also a bit to eat would be great, if possible. If not, just water will do"

*The man then takes whatever he is given, tips the bartender, and sits down at an empty table by himself to drink, watching the comings and goings of the inn*
I have nothing...Yet.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Re: New to the Town

Post by halfelfman »

(pours a class of elven for IIzak Valen)

First ones on the house and thanks for the tip.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

*speaking to Green*
"Excuse me good sir, I was wondering if you could share with me a bit of the going ons of this town. As you can probably tell, I'm not from around here. Ah, how rude of me though, I haven't yet introduced myself. I am called IIzak and its a pleasure to meet you Mr.... *waits for a name to be supplied*
I have nothing...Yet.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

(from behind the bar)

my name is andrew green but most either call me green or merchant.

For the on goings of the town it's fairly interesting since so many things happen around here..

So what are you looking for?

Adventuring note # 121

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

*IIzak sips his wine and stands moving closer to the bar so as not to disturb the other patrons (if any are present at the moment)*
"Mainly just the big news and anything that you think I should know, particularly if there is anyone who needs help with something that I can perhaps earn a bit of money from."
*looking around at the other patrons*
"Would anyone else care to sit and share some of the going ons of this town with me, as well as this food and drink?"
*IIzak gestures towards the table*
I have nothing...Yet.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

I would suggest you are in the right place then..

Adventuring note # 121

Boomer Powderbang
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Boomer Powderbang »

*Boomer, formerly locked in thought, perks up suddenly as though he sensed someone discussing money somewhere in the room. He looks too and fro, then
locks eyes on the newcomer. The stout little gnome, gulps down a glass of wine, rolls up the sheet of paper he was writing on, then hops off of the bench, zipping over to him.*

Boomer, Boomer Powderbang at your service!

*Boomer bows slightly*

I'm certain that I have some jobs for you! Our grand opening is on June 10th and we certainly will be able to use the help. Now, I might not be able to pay mich right off, but what I can do is pay you initially with a copy of our new publication! In it you will find information on many of the current events as well as an E-X-C-L-U-S-I-V-E interview with one of the most famous men in the region. Believe me, it'll be worth more than gold to get an early copy of this fine new publication! Hmmm...how're you at carrying things? First job I'll probably'll need help with is haulin firewood.
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

*IIzak grins a bit at Boomer's enthusiasm*

"Well met Mr. Powderbang, truly you must have the ears of a bat or some otherworldy sense to have noticed my need for money and work so quickly. A copy of that publication sounds wonderful and as for hauling firewood, you'll find none as skilled as I"

*IIzak proudly puffs his chest out as he says that last part, then slumps back, laughing*
I have nothing...Yet.
Boomer Powderbang

IIzak Valen wrote:*IIzak grins a bit at Boomer's enthusiasm*

"Well met Mr. Powderbang, truly you must have the ears of a bat or some otherworldy sense to have noticed my need for money and work so quickly. A copy of that publication sounds wonderful and as for hauling firewood, you'll find none as skilled as I"

*IIzak proudly puffs his chest out as he says that last part, then slumps back, laughing*
EXCELLENT! I'll look for you around opening time Friday night and we'll strike a deal. I'll have you haulin firewood in no time! If things go well, I may have some more...interesting jobs for you as well. Maybe we'll also see how you fare at hunting, though we'll see if we can get you some assistance in hunting the types of creatures I am looking for.
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

"That sounds fantastic Mr. Powderbang, I look forward to working with you. I pray you tell me more about what types of creatures you hunt. You see i have been traveling in forests for quite some time and i may be of some use in that area. I generally avoid some of the more dangerous beasts, but i know my way around the trees."
I have nothing...Yet.
Boomer Powderbang

Oh me oh my oh no not me. I'm no hunter, I'm a businessman. Gotta warn you though, most of the stuff I'd pay you to hunt aren't going to be of your "cute and cuddly" variety.
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

Are we talking like bears here? or bigger?
I have nothing...Yet.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

(from behind the bar)

Boomer what are you paying for firewood since I may need to hire a few people also to ensure the pit by the tavern has plenty of wood.

Adventuring note # 121

Boomer Powderbang

To Andrew: Hadn't really thought about it just yet. If people feel it is fair, then probably a free drink or two at the bar and a copy of our new publication.

To IIzak: Hmmm, probably not bears. Probably more like...frost hounds or giant poisonous bullfrogs.

IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

"Ahh i see. So just as cuddly in nature correct? Excellent, i do so look forward to it... Mr. Green, if you have any available, i'd like to purchase a room for the next few days? i plan to stay a while and since myself and Mr. Powderbang here already have a meeting, i find it much more prudent to stay here than wander around the town before I know anything about it and get myself into trouble."
I have nothing...Yet.