New to the Town
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Kreed
Drinking Contest Contender

Re: New to the Town

Post by Kreed »

*Overhearing Iizak's enthusiasm, Adoven pipes up*

"Do you want a job? You can stand in front of me, and keep me from getting hit"

*Adoven laughs*
Kreed of the Wahuru Tribe
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

*IIzak laughs good-naturedly at Adoven's comment*
"My dear sir, I'm not so keen on the idea of standing between someone and what I'm sure is an undeserved blow, however I can offer you some of this food and drink if you like? I have far more than i myself can consume and could use some more good company besides myself and Mr. Powderbang here.
*IIzak gestures again to the table*
I have nothing...Yet.
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*Adoven looks at the table, and walks over*

"Thanks, Your hospitality will not be forgotten"

*Adoven looks annoyed that he had to walk over to the table*

"So where are you from?"
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

*IIzak chuckles slightly at the look on Adoven's face*
"I come from a village a few miles southeast of IIlian, and yourself?"
I have nothing...Yet.
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*Adoven looks slightly interested, and replies*

"My parents are mages of significant power, From the city of Syl'Van'Dar, They weren't around much. One day I met a man who instructed in me in the ways of Magic"
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

*Vaellar climbs out from under the bar*

"Did someone say something about food and drink."

*Looks around and begins sniffing the air for the scent of any delicious foods*
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric looks up from the bar at the mention of work*

"Did I hear someone mention a job? I could always use some extra coins."
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

(from behind the bar)

Yeah I had forgotten all about that fire pit outside the tavern.. I tend not to venture outside that often at night so it slipped my mind..

I was thinking if you can get a nights worth of wood to burn 5 verlan so if you can pick up enough to keep that fire running for both nights it's a wald then.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

*To Adoven* "Ahh so you're a mage then. I don't practice the art myself, but I've met some who do. Some of the finest allies I've ever fought with. I was never able to learn magic, however I picked up quite a few tracking tips from some wood elves that my family was friends with, and thats usually how i make my trade (oog you're a High elf right?)

*To Vaellar* "Of course, of course. Come, sit, and enjoy yourself, as long as no one else here minds?"

*To Kenric* "Haha, you're a bit late sir, Although I'm sure Mr. Powderbang needs more than one person to haul wood, perhaps you should speak to him if you're looking for work"
I have nothing...Yet.
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*To IIZak*

"Yes, I wasn't able to use magic for a large part of my life, as hard as I tried. I could feel the energy, I just couldn't access it. It took my best friend dieing to help me figure it out..."

*Adoven stares of in to space, his face looking livid*

(Yes, High elf)
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

*IIzak looks sympathetic*
"I'm terribly sorry. How did it happen if you don't mind me asking?"
I have nothing...Yet.
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*Adoven, Without taking his eyes from the wall*

"My instructor, His name was Quizelt, and I, Went for a trip a few winters ago. We were setting up camp one night, and suddenly there was a rustling from behind us. I looked, and could see nothing. I assumed it was nothing, but Quizelt looked frightened. Suddenly he pushed me down as a black arrow came shrieking out at me from the trees. He could have moved, but he protected me instead. It hit him in his shoulder. He sent a fireball into the woods where the arrow had come from, and there was a snarl. Several drow escaped from the area, except for one who was not so lucky. Yelling at me to leave, he threw off his robe, and prepared to fight. Quizelt was old, but unmatched in the way of magical arts by any I had met. He began dancing with the drow, dodging blows, sending all sorts of spells, but the drow were faster. I began to get up to help, but Quizelt hit me with a gust of wind and sent me toward the trees. Quizelt was dripping blood from his shoulder wound, and a nasty gash on his left cheek he had obtained from one of the drow. I watched in horror as the fastest of the drow ran around him, and stabbed him in the back. Quizelt's mouth opened, and with his final words he said "Adoven, run!" I was too shocked to move for a minute. Suddenly, there began a heat in my chest, like I had never felt before, and it spread through my whole body. There was an explosion of light from my eyes, and the drow seemed frightened. They were already weak from the fight with Quizelt, and I could feel the magic now. I knew I could win. I laughed, it was so easy now! I remembered what he had taught me, all the spells in my spellbook that I couldn't use, but I could now. I sent a behemoth ball of fire at the lead drow, who was engulfed and the smell of sizzling flesh filled the air. The other drow, seeing their captain slain, made a break for it. I followed them easily. When they came to the mouth of a cave, I knew it was time to strike. I killed the first one with my staff alone, after breaking his skull, the last two were both disposed of easily with more fire. I could hear screaming from in the cave, and in my blind rage, I ran inside, and saw scared, frightened drow inside. I sent one massive fireball that would kill everything inside. I didn't look back, but I knew I had done it. I ran back to Quizelt, who was barely alive. He gave me his spell book, the rest of his money, and his robe. I tried to heal him.. but he had never taught me how. "

*At this point, Adoven is breathing hard, trying not to lose his composure in front of everyone*

"This is how IIzak"
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

*IIzak puts a comforting hand on Adoven's shoulder and stands in front of him, blocking him from the view of the rest of the patrons*

"Truly I am sorry for your loss Adoven, and for making you relive it here. If its any consolation I know and understand the pain that you are going through. Do you remember how I told you my family was befriended by wood elves? Well many years ago, we were invited to join in their revelry underneath the moon and I remember feeling so excited at finally being included because it looked like such fun. Several hours of merrymaking had passed and I, being a young child at the time, had fallen asleep in the gnarled roots of a nearby tree. A bit later I awoke to the sound of terrified screams and bloody slaughter. I remember curling up terrified in fear as I watched all of those people, Men and elves alike slaughtered. Ordinarily at least the wood elves would've been able to defend themselves, but no one expects an attack during a celebration. My sister had been protected by some powerful elven spellcasters, but they and myself were the only ones alive when a contingent from Sylv'An'Dar arrived and managed to rout the enemy. My sister eventually succumbed to depression after she found out our parents had died and when I was rescued, I managed to get a glimpse of one of the attacker's bodies. It was one of those black-skinned devils, and I knew then that I would spend the rest of my life hunting them down. So trust me when I say that I understand your pain and if you ever need anything, I'll gladly be there to help."

*A small tear runs down IIzak's cheek and he attempts to hide it with a cough*
I have nothing...Yet.
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*Adoven shrugs the hand off his shoulder, Clearly not enjoying the contact*

"IIzak, This may be the beginning of a partnership, but please do not touch me. After this necromancer is dealt with, let's say we go find our selves some drow?"
IIzak Valen
Pinky
Pinky

Post by IIzak Valen »

*IIzak looks apologetic*
"Pardon me Adoven, it won't happen again"
*A determined look flashes across IIzak's face*
"And yes...Lets."
I have nothing...Yet.