BOOM
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Boomer Powderbang
Drinking Contest Contender

BOOM

Post by Boomer Powderbang »

Some commotion is heard from outside of the Inn coming from the back door, then a loud BANG, and smoke begins to billow in from underneath the door. The door flies open and smoke floods in, a short figure darts into the room...on fire. The figure runs past everyone and slams into the front door. It flies open and he continues running. A female Guthrie runs in through the open back door. As she runs by everyone she shakes a few hands, slaps a few backs, sends out a flurry of apologies, and then barrels out the front door.

The man on fire throws himself into the dirt around the well and begins rolling back and forth. The Guthrie woman begins working the pump...but the flames grow larger when the water hits them. She stops working the pump, pulls her cloak off, throws it down onto the rolling and screaming man, and as the flames begin to wink out, she starts kicking the cloak.

Guthrie woman: WHAT THE HECK BOOMER?!?

The cloak flies off of the man and he scrambles to his feet. A soot-covered, scorched Gnome shoots the Guthrie a dirty look.

Boomer: IT WAS YOUR FORMULA MAVEN!

Maven: Oh...but...I...OHHHHHH...ok...yeah...THAT potion...the one that was labelled "Lookin good"?

Boomer: Yes........

Maven: Yeah...I labelled that one cause it needed a good looking at. Wasn't even sure what it was going to do really.

Boomer stares blankly at Maven, completely bewildered

Maven: Ok, maybe not the best label, but it made sense at the time...

Boomer drops his head into his hands. He looks up and walks back to the Inn.

Boomer: I need a drink, a seamstress, a healer, and a member of House Mandalor, preferably in reverse order.

Boomer enters the Inn.

Boomer: Sorry about that folks...Boomer Powderbang at your service! Well...I will be once I find the local chapter of Mandalor that is. Can someone direct me to the nearest member please, my partner Maven Goodbarrel and I have some dire circumstances we must discuss with them as soon as possible!

halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Re: BOOM

Post by halfelfman »

(from behind the bar)

Boomer I can help you with two out of three but your going to have to still see about a seamstress.

Andrew Green of house mandalor..

First ones on the house what's your drink of choice?

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick wonders into the Inn to see what the noise was about. Seeing the Gnome and Guthrie makes Edrick Smile*

Welcome to town folks. Looking for Mandilore, you found them. Mr Green here and I, Edrick Stormbane, head of the Enforcers are at you service. What would you like to talk about?
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric, turning away from the bar and wondering if he's had too much, looks at the Gnome*

"I can be of a little assistance with the healing if you would like it."
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
Maven Goodbarrel

Post by Maven Goodbarrel »

Well, I think I'll let Boomer do the talking. He's made such an indelible impression on you all, and we didn't even plan for tonight's entertainment.

*Maven begins to tug at her braids while she scans the room, counting townsfolk.*

"1,2,4,9.... Geez' Boomer, if you'd only waited until after we'd talked to Mandalor, we coulda gotten out a bard's cloak and charged admissions."

*Maven begins to shake hands with those around her.*

"Maven Goodbarrel. Please to meet cha!"
Boomer Powderbang

Boomer pulls out a cloth and wipes his brow. He looks at those who spoke and puts his hands on his hips.

Perfect! First Mandalor, then healing, a seamstress, and follow that up with a stiff drink. A very very stiff drink indeed! Definitely save that for last though, after all there is business to be conducted!

Boomer looks Edrick up and down.

Chain mail, armed to the teeth, looks like a bruiser, but your eyes tell a story of charts and graphs. You ever talk to your superiors about becoming the posterboy for the enforcers? Cause I'm not sure I've seen better in all my travels thus far.

Maven smacks Boomer on the back and states, "Stop drooling and get back on task silly."

Boomer looks about a little bewildered, appears to be calculating, then looks back to Andrew.

Been one of those days, you know? AAAaaaaaaaaaaanyhow, HOUSE BUSINESS! Would you prefer to chat somewhere a bit more private or leave our laundry out to dry in front of everybody? I'm good either way, but will leave it to the two of you. Need to chat about house membership, the local area, current events, and perhaps most importantly - piles and piles of gold.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

I have no problems with making this private.

(as he pours a mug of dwarven)

(looks around the bar) yells: ok everyone out except boomer, maven and edrick.

(looks over to edrick) ok once it clears out edrick can you please make sure we have no hidden stragglers.

Adventuring note # 121

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
Bastian

Post by Bastian »

Gnaels walks in, still wearing his tabard of squireship. Two silver axes gleaming over his shoulders.

"I'm assuming what you meant to say Andrew is that you three will be taking this discussion into a private room. I don't believe any of you have the authority to kick anyone out of the Thane's bar. Unless he gave you some permission we were never told about."

Gnaels sit's down at the bar

"Now if you don't mind Andrew, since I'm guessing you will be moving this conversation somewhere could you tell me who else can serve me something? I'm parched."
NPC type guy. Go ahead and ask me questions.

I just added "yes" and "maybe" to my vocabulary.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

(pours a drink for Gnaels)

With sylas being gone only myself or someone sylas hired to run his bar can server you.

until then (puts the drink on the bar) I would appreciate you enjoying this drink outside.

Adventuring note # 121

Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

You got it Boss.

*Edrick makes sure the bar is empties as requested*
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Bastian

Post by Bastian »

"Have it your way Andrew. But remember, these walls aren't so thick, and the window's do not do much to stop a voice. Your discussion will still probably be well known within minutes of having it. I was also making that suggestion for your own good in terms of your privacy."

With that Gnaels leaves the drink on the bar and returns towards the road to Millers Down.
NPC type guy. Go ahead and ask me questions.

I just added "yes" and "maybe" to my vocabulary.
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*Adoven looks around, Shrugs, and leaves the bar, muttering something about "Stupid Guthries...."*
Kreed of the Wahuru Tribe
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

with the meeting with the new gunthrie and gnome done the doors to the tavern open again for business.

Adventuring note # 121

Boomer Powderbang

Thank you again for your time good sir! Now, need to find that Kenric fellow to see about some healing.
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

*edited for timeline was never in inn as he'd not have left

Daniel comes into the inn. What's all this talk of the inn being closed. I've had people coming by the fort complaining. I do hope you don't plan to make a habit out of this. Bad for business I say bad. Now then it seems to me everything is open again and well since I've gotten out of bed anyway, a drink good keeper. By the way, does anyone else smell burnt... is that gnome? Could we maybe open a few windows.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.