Oh and one more thing while you're here Darth
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Oh and one more thing while you're here Darth

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

"I almost forgot. It's good to see you Darth, as I believe you're one of the few people who can help. It seems our Thane has once again gone off on some misadventure and ended up getting himself stuck in a life or death battle in the "dream" as you people call it. As you well know I've sworn an oath to never divine the dream or anything related to it since that time I was talked into looking into it by the late Tee and subsequently pulled into the "Dream" by that very bad dream person. I still cannot believe I had to rely upon that one armed mercenary to save me. So there you have it. He's stuck, maybe fighting to stay alive and I'm at a loss as to what or how to save him. Not to mention it's probably his fault that we've all been having these nightmares and waking up with our eyes and noses and ears bleeding. Any chance you know anything about how to once again save him? I'll look into it and see if there's a reward for his safe return."
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Res Ipsa
Drinking Contest Contender

Re: Oh and one more thing while you're here Darth

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Res perks up at the sound of the word 'reward'* "Sorry to interject, but I first looked into the matter, and I may have a somewhat... personal stake in finding a way to help. I was already doing some of my own investigating as a matter of fact, and..." *He pauses, then looks from Daniel to Darthesis, and back again,* "I'm sorry... did you just say this is Darth... as in Darthesis?" *He looks back to Darthesis, and blinks,* "The daggers... the look... you're THE Darthesis." *His face becomes a bit more pale*, "Forgive me, I didn't mean to try to muscle in between you and payment for a service. I'd be honored to help you any way that I could, not that... not that you NEED my help, of course... I just... it'd just be nice to work alongside a man of your caliber."
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Daniel Lockheart

"You know Darth," Daniel says as he looks over Res Ipsa, "we've both been adventuring about the same amount of time and have been involved in almost the same adventures, but I never quite get that affect from people that you do. With me it's 'oh, your that book guy, right?' And for the record, yes, behold the Darthesis. Dagger man extraordinary. Leaper of all things small and tall and all around person that it's never a good idea to get between him and payment, as of you mentioned, my good Res Ipsa isn't it. But then, please if you've already begun looking into this matter there's no reason that you couldn't assist in this. I simply came to Darth here as I recalled him knowing things about the dreaming, of course that could have been his partner Jenna. Now there's a one I've not seen in some great time. How is she getting along?"
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis listens to the two men talk and waits for Daniel to finish.

Well Daniel, it's true that you've been around as long as I have, you just have a different reputation. Yours is well earned, mine well... it has grown interestingly over time. People come to you when they need a hero to save them. Your skills are legendary at resolving almost any sort of problem that might stem from the lack of information. Heroes are admired. I am not normally admired.

My reputation is one of just as much effectiveness, much more discretion, and a few other sprinkles of things that people don't like to discuss.

*** Darthesis bows to Daniel

As for Jenna, she is still out near Legacy. She decided that her experiment could not be interrupted so she blocked off the entire location she was working in, in case an enemy army managed to trample nearby. I've often been tempted to sell the miracle end of the war in that area by simply leading the enemy army of the buyers choice right into Jenna's laboratory. Her preparations were impeccable and her wrath would be truly frightful to behold. I'm fairly certain whatever was left of the army in question would not choose to come back to the entire area for generations.

As for your information and question about the dreaming and Sylas. It seems a habit of his to experiment with his own body and the dreaming. I have not researched the situation of the dreams that many have experienced; I had focused on how to block them from my own sleep. However I am likely available this moon to look into the situation. If he's fighting for his life at the moment it sounds like an urgent matter. I am fairly experienced in research and the dreaming, although I am no dream walker. I do however know how to enter the dreaming when necessary by multiple means. You know my skills and my code. If you are interested in making some sort of deal I'm sure we can come to an agreement, especially as Sylas is well known for his own code. If he feels he owes someone, the debt will be paid. We can talk privately on the details, but it sounds as if something is needing to be done.

*** Darthesis then turns to Res Ipsa

Sir, I do appreciate your show of respect, and I assure you that I am entirely worse than any stories you may have heard.

*** Darthesis smiles broadly

We can however, speak of help you might be able to provide based on your skills and most importantly my read of you as a person who can be trusted. We can discuss this in private as well. I have no idea if you are properly prepared for work in the dreaming, but in research it is very often that multiple people can work together well in gathering of information. It is good to meet you.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

*To Daniel* "You don't remember when we first met in the Inn? I was awestruck. I mean, how many people can say they've killed a dragon?"

*To Darthesis* "Your reputation commands respect. And me, well I've always admired a good businessman. I'm no hero, or warrior. My talents lie in much more subtle work. And while I enjoy helping others, I don't see a reason why one can't be both helpful, and make a living."

"I know next to nothing of the Dream, but I am a master seer, and I know how to operate a waystone. Any more discussion should probably be held, as you say, in a location a bit more private than this one.
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Daniel Lockheart

Daniel adjusts his glasses in the hazy dim lighted inn, "ah yes now I've got a better look at you. The blond fellow who enjoys the cafe nearly as much as myself. How's that whole sleeping issue working itself out? Any better?"

Turning back to Darthesis, "yes, very good. I believe it will need looking into. Perhaps you and this, I'm sorry what did you say your name was again? Well perhaps this fellow here could be of assistance. I'll make sure to see if our barron will be offering anything up." Turns back to Res, "oh and I believe I started the paperwork on your admission to the guild, just needed to fill in that name."
Paladin of Order
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Res grins*, "Yes, I do love my coffee, and my ale. My full name is Res Ipsa Loquitur. That last name is a mouthful, and no one can ever spell it right, so I usually just go with Res Ipsa."

"As far as my 'sleep issue'... it's odd, but it hasn't been a problem this past month, It seems as if it's connected to the Dream somehow. When I fall asleep, I dream of the same place where I saw Sylas in my vision. Some of the townsfolk think its connected somehow, though I can't imagine why."

*Res adjusts the brace of throwing daggers at his waist* "A reward from the Baron would be appreciated, though just the pleasure of working with such legendary folks as yourselves is payment in itself." *He grins again* "Information and knowledge are just as valuable as money, and definitely could learn a lot from both of you."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Daniel Lockheart

Res Ipsa Loquitur.. That's an elvish saying isn't it. I mean at least it can be interpreted into elvish slang. Your family friends with the elves?
Paladin of Order
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick Grins as he hears the discussion*

Darthesis, it is good to see you back in town. You have been gone for to long!

*Edrick turns to Res*

My friend, have you put any more thought on joining the house? You handled yourself well last moon and you will be a boon to the folks you decide to work with.

Now as for the dreaming, I have no desire to go back, but Sylsas is a friend. So I'm willing to help rescue him. I might be able to help some with the gathering information. So lets all work together so we are not duplicating our efforts.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Edrick Stormbane wrote:*Edrick Grins as he hears the discussion*

Darthesis, it is good to see you back in town. You have been gone for to long!

Now as for the dreaming, I have no desire to go back, but Sylsas is a friend. So I'm willing to help rescue him. I might be able to help some with the gathering information. So lets all work together so we are not duplicating our efforts.
Edrick,

It has indeed been a long time, with the lull in the war here for the winter I was called away to more fertile grounds for money making opportunities. Now that spring has well sprung I see I have arrived at an opportune time. Indeed once I speak to Daniel directly we shall discuss how all those interested can work together to try to help our illustrious Thane.

To all here, I can only say that Edrick is the person you should contact if you have ANY need of mechanical defenses for your room, a building, or a location. I have had a chance to thoroughly look over the amazing work he did for myself and they are truly impressive, even to one who knows mechanicals as well as I do.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum