how to deal with the Baby Armor Necromancer
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: how to deal with the Baby Armor Necromancer

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis nods to Andrew

We can speak on this when you are ready, I'll be in town for the next month or so at least.

*** Darthesis turns to speak to Vaellar

Vaellar, were you there when this necromancer was encountered. Did you or anyone else manage to sense magic upon this necromancer and his 'armor'? I'm wondering if they are somehow a part of him, separate from him, and if any other magic other than necromancy is involved. If anyone sees Daniel it sounds as if he already has done a bit of research on the subject and may have more to share other than the possible potion.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
olaf
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by olaf »

Olaf raises his new new full mug to Agmundr. "May the winds ease your journey!" Then takes a huge gulp.

"Yes. Flower in Ancient Cave seems only way to beat this thrice-frosted curr. It must be gained during the next moon without hesitation! Olaf hear cave is dangerous. Soon cave learn that *Olaf* is dangerous! First round of ale is on me when we return victorious!"
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res pipes in again* "The magic dead zone is a good idea. But there's a chance that anyone clever enough to think up a baby-sucking-resist suit might have thought of that. We may want someone to look into whether that would be successful, and I happen to know just the guy to do it."

*He grins again and takes another sip*, "I'm not trying to sound like I'm out to profit off of other people's misery. I'd gladly do some soothsaying for free given how horrible this all is. It's just without being a member's of the Diviner's guild, and with this damned narcolepsy, the only way I know how to make money and feed myself is denied to me. All i'm left with is bartering my scrying ability for food and other sundries."

"I heard the Necro was in the inn while the beautiful Vaanak was giving birth, so it doesn't sound like he's too afraid of us. What do we know about this guy? And what's the name of this flower you guys are all talking about?"
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*To Res*

"We cannot say the name of the flower. I have been told that if the name is spoken, the flower will die."
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
Morgrin

Post by Morgrin »

"Does anyone know what this man is after?"
Of the Chosen
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*Adoven walks into the bar*

"What's this I hear about baby armor?"
Kreed of the Wahuru Tribe
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

"It seems to me like he has a thing for children, I see the Orc has a child, and from what I've heard from outside, he has a thing for them. Why not place the infant in the magic dead cell? Next time he shows up, we can protect the infant valiantly, and if he tries to get at it, we lock him inside. Even if he is able to teleport, I can trace it."

(Adoven's eyes glow with a fierce blue light just so everyone is aware)

*He looks around*

"It's the best idea I've heard thus far. I would like to help kill him though.... I find Necromancy... Inexcusable."
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Res looks over at the newcomer, and the smile he gives him seems to hold an element of danger to it* "Touch either of those children, and the necromancer will be the least of your concerns." *He takes a sip from his mug, his eyes never leaving the mage* " Better yet, I say we put a diaper on you and truss you up like a stuffed pig. I bet I could make you squeel loud enough for that necromancer to hear." *he places a hand on his heart* " I promise if he comes for you, I will fight hard to save you."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

*to Vaellar
I've though about that. And if the magic dead zone is a spell you can resist it right? or dodge out of the zone? and maybe by chance he is like Rooks and is unaffected by magic dead zones. So a magic dead zone results in more dead babies.

*to Adoven
*Adoven walks into the bar*
are you alright? that bar is mighty sturdy I hope you didn't hurt yourself.

*to Olaf
Glad to hear you are ready to show the Cave what to be afraid of.

*to Darthesis
I was there and it is melded with him. It could be either magic or a potion.

*to all
And the necro is after a very sentimental suit of armor, it is the suit that Sir Lyshon wore in the final fight against Regis Mortem. It's our belief that he wants to corrupt this armor.

So it looks like we need to prepare for a Cave of the Ancients run. In past the deepest we have ever gone we have used a two party system. For those of you who do not know about the cave only 8 adventures are allowed in at once. Thus the need for a 2 party system. The first party usually mid-experienced adventurers try to get as far as they can. When they reach their wall they come out and switch with the second party usually high-experienced adventurers. (this works really well OOG). Now if the full moon happens on a Friday night, I will not be able to go, hopefully the flower will be there on Saturday night.
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
agmundr
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by agmundr »

*Agmundr Looks up at the mage and his face seem to grow darker. An a snarls creeps out of him as he gets up and goes to get more drinks.*

To Adoven
"Great one more to put word in without understanding what we face."

To Res
"Agreed Res he would not get a pace without meeting the floor. An care more for more drink."

To Chronixx
"You got my weapons, an anyone I can call on form the Company of the New Dawn. If you think we can do it with 2 groups than my wing will go first. But I will admit I know little of this cave you speak of. I have heard rumors, and myths but never have I seen nor been apart of one that has traveled there. Do you think Klogg will help if he is around?"
Safyr, Gan to the Breath of the Asp
Qara Aslan to the Company of the New Dawn
Batu to the Mongke Oyugun
Member of the Seer's Guild
Enforcer to House Mandalor
olaf

Post by olaf »

"No. Ivar nor Kavar will stand as bait before they can weild a hammer."

"Or even stand, for that matter."

"Olaf never hesitates in battle - I will go in with first cave group and set the walls trembling! Olaf will *try* to save some glory for second group, but can make no promises! Ha ha ha!"
Vaanak
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Vaanak »

Vaanak's grip tightens around her twins and the look she shoots Adoven is one of pure poison.

"The only people here who will make decisions about these children is me and Olaf." She then turns to face her barbarian mate.

"Olaf, if you try to take all the glory and fighting and leave none for me I'm going to get really angry." she punches him in the arm to emphasize her point.
Vaanak the Orc
All around awesome orc.
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*To all*

"I simply tried to offer my opinion on how best to remedy the situation. As for this Cave of the Ancients, I wouldn't mind going, I long for a bit of fighting. As for you, Dwarf (He says this with as much loathing as he can possibly muster into one word), I am fine. I have yet to meet the bar that would be the end of me".

*Adoven rubs his head*

"I've never been to a place where someone cared so much for Orc's, a queer place to be certain".
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

*Vaellar looks over at Chronixx*

"Those are all valid questions and I am rather certain the answer to all of them is ultimately that the magic dead zone would work with some careful planning. I dont want to go into details in public but if you would like I will be happy to explain in more detail the interaction of the magics with regards to magic dead zones and even magic live individuals....in a scry shielded area. It may ultimately be easier to do some planning and beat up the mystical moving cave of rare, deadly, and wonderous things then it would be to setup all the preperations and cover all the contingencies of a Magic dead zone. I was simply expanding on possible options or perhaps offering a Plan B in the event the flower is unattainable, gets destroyed by someone speaking its name by accident, or simply on the off chance that it does not exist or does not do what our information says that it does.

For now the cave bashing plan sounds like the most traditional method of solving our problems and it has not failed us yet *Cough*Much*Cough*....Good Luck in your glorious battles and treasure seekings!"
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Daniel looks up from piles of books scattered about him and seems to realize that the room full of people are present and talking about something other than the latest grog that Longfeather has concocted to serve off as "the finest brew west of Port's End."

Daniel pauses and looks around the inn. Seeing no face he does not know he pulls out a mystical looking chart of stars and a deck of cards and some small stones or bones its hard to tell and begins concentrating. (Tosses up a 30 point shield on myself.)

"Perhaps I can fill in some of the missing blanks for you all," he states while at the same time attempting to brush a bit of ink off his cheek, which fails utterly and ends up smearing the ink even worse. "This may take a few minutes."

"You see this armor that the necromancer is wearing has a long and ancient history. I could go on for hours telling you all the tales of it's showing up throughout history, but instead I'll focus on the important details. About 10 or so years ago our late friend, Sir Llyshon, happened to visit a place of somewhat less than fine repute. He somehow managed to acquire an illness the likes of which none in the kingdom would figure out how to remove. Fearing the end of such a, at the time, promising member of their house, the leadership of House ToeVass supplied him a suit of new armor, NO not Kaylot's armor, this was different armor. Anyway, this armor prevented, Sir Llyshon, just Llyshon at that time, from succumbing to the illness while he looked for a cure." Daniel searches through a few pieces of paper as though looking for a note as to what happened next.

"Well here is where history gets a bit fuzzy. You see one version of the events claim that the only way to cure the illness was for Llyshon to gather a flower that could be brewed into a potion and it would cure the illness. However, another story says that the armor actually cured the illness as soon as he put it on, however, at a great cost of his very life force. And that the armor was slowly eating away at his life every time he was struck. The only way for him to take the armor off was to use the flower potion."

"I felt my knowledge was at a loss here and therefore felt that when books of cold hard facts tend to be more like lukewarm myths it's time to turn to lukewarm myths also known as divination. So I searched the cards and the stars and came to my answers. The ways of these divination are never completely accurate but I've discovered that the necromancer found a way around loosing his own life from wearing the armor and feeding to it instead the babies. That the only way short of killing every baby an then burning through the necromancer's life as well which in and of itself is no small feat is to take the armor off and the only weakness that the armor has is the flower potion."

"So there you have it. He gave us three moons to get him the armor of Kaylot or he promised to kill all the babies. He will be killing all the babies no matter what we do, and further even at such a great cost of life we could not turn over the armor of Kaylot regardless, we don't have it. So I devised a plan of action. We get our groups and get the flower. I'm working on the potion and will be short just this one component, the flower itself, to finish it.

While we're at it, I've set to task a couple members of the Diviners guild to seek out the fake Kaylot armor. Yes, there's some fake Kaylot armor, and no I don't have time no inclination to explain that entire story to you at this time. Needless to say a full nearly perfect duplicate set of the armor exists. However it does not have the Kaylot powers, but does detect as magic and would require full identification in order to discover it's uselessness. This buys us time. The fake Kaylot armor is nothing more than a back up plan. Just in case every instinct in me is wrong and the necromancer actually trades the kids for the armor, which he will not do anyway, but we must at least try. OK that just about covers everything I think. I believe there will be a full moon in a few weeks (at event) and it should last a few days giving us a couple nights to try.

I suppose a long lecture on the Cave of the Ancients, COA as we call it, would be in order, but I believe I've put a few of you too sleep already and think I've said enough. Suffice to say it's not a play ground and most who enter do not come out alive.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.