So A Squire Walks Into A Bar...
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

agmundr
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Re: So A Squire Walks Into A Bar...

Post by agmundr »

*Agmundr just left his tankard which is empty by now toward Kashan.*

"That was your choice and I told you than as I tell you now. Glad you well try and find yourself. But remember why you did it. For he gave up more than most, an you wished to walk in his step. So remember that as you look around you not everything is an request. It is like hunting for the spine spider and gathering its eggs. If you do not do it at the right times you end up with poison flow in your body and no eggs. Plus you just might be their food for a fortnight or a moon."
Safyr, Gan to the Breath of the Asp
Qara Aslan to the Company of the New Dawn
Batu to the Mongke Oyugun
Member of the Seer's Guild
Enforcer to House Mandalor
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

Jack walks back inside and stands next to Kahsan and Agmundr.

"When you retire from the Knighthood I see the makings of a fine Devris in you. Until than remember one thing about lies. The only thing that stops a lie in its tracks is holding the truth in its path."

Looks over at Agmundr.

"Sylas is fine, I believe he is dealing with his noble responsibility. As for the man taking over my position here, he is a Skress and I should warn you all. He is not as forgiving as I have been. But I will be close by. I am only going down the road to Iron Guard, formerly Portsend. I am now the Baronial Magistrate of Baron Dreadnought and my duties require me there. I would like to tell Dagny myself, where is she?"
Last edited by Jack of Spades on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Baronial Magistrate and House Head of Ironguard
Commander of The Black Fleet,
Master of the Long Knives.
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

Kahsan wrote:"The last thing I wish to do is make Jack's life any more difficult than it already is, I just envy his ability to root out truth from lies.
*To Kahsan, in a friendly tone*
"A squire should be careful to keep Envy in check. This can be a major pitfall along the road to Knighthood if left to it's own devices."
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Head of the Healer's and Charity's Guild of Midway
Player Ombudsman
Weapon Marshall
Res Ipsa
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Listens to the conversation between the squire and agmundr* "Yeah, you lost me. No idea what you guys are talking about."

He raises an eyebrow and looks distinctly uncomfortable when Jack is finished speaking,* "You mean you're a Baronial-level Magistrate? Um... hope you didn't take offense at my little joke with the squire... in fact, your next use of my services is on me."
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*Trying to keep his emotions under control, Kahsan replies to Lochlainn*

"Lochlainn, That may have been a poor choice of words. Envy is a strong word, The ability would be a useful tool and nothing more."
Kreed of the Wahuru Tribe
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

"I took no offense Master Ipsa, if none was intended. However I will gladly take you up on your offer."
Commissar Jack Maxwell
agmundr
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by agmundr »

*Sighs heavily as jack tells Agmundr that he is no longer the leader of his people here. Than shake his head as he tells him about the Baronial Magistrate.*

"You people have odd ways when it comes to being a apart of a tribe. You where a Oyugan an now you are Batu? Your customs are very odd indeed Jack. For were we come form you can not change station this quickly in ones life time. It takes one even with great deeds and great respect a vote of at least many of the village. Or through ritual combat with the whole of the tribe watching. Which happen ever so often at a great mote. But if the Batu Bayaar says no even after the combat or the vote you lose it. For the Great Mother know when you can and will have it. If not good for the Safyr she will know and she will make it right. Thou I do not understand a lot of your peoples customs I do respect them when showed wisdom. As for this person that has taking your place what is his name? So I can talk to hm and get a better understanding of who he is, and what fire burns in his eyes."
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

*Jack turns to face Agmundr*

"His name is Jared Skress. I do not know him and, have only met him once before. Baronial Cavalier Kathryn Skress had him brought in to fill my place here. I only know that his family is not one to be taken lightly. Where I was merciful, I do not believe he will be the same. Where I was patient to outsiders and those unfamiliar to our customs and laws he will not be. The Skress' are known for their rigid application of our Kings law and, the means of which they carry it out. Brutal, quick and, unforgiving. Now if you don't mind I would like to speak with your sister."
Commissar Jack Maxwell
agmundr
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by agmundr »

*Agmundr eyes start to dance with a fire behind them as Jack talks toward him. He gets up and cracks his neck, as he than turns toward Res.*

*To Jack*
"As you wish, she is at our camp."

*To Res*
"It was nice to meet and talk with you Doran Res. An may the winds of this land keep you to your back."

*Agmundr walks out the door without looking back.*
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

*Jack watches Agmundr leave then looks to Kahsan. Jack nods to the squire and, walks out the door.*
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Kreed

Post by Kreed »

*Kahsan follows Jack outside*

"Jack! Good luck."
Kreed of the Wahuru Tribe