Posting a note
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Posting a note

Post by pirateking89 »

Cudar finishes scrawling something on a piece of paper, finishes his drink, then posts the note to the area of the wall in the Inn that Sylas has granted for notices like these.

People of Midway,
By Decision of the Town Council, Rowen Kane has been removed from his position as captain of the guard.
In the next month, the town council will accept applications for this position.
Duties include:
Maintaining, training, equipping the town guard.
Keeping the peace and upholding laws when the town is without a magistrate or cavalier.
Enforcing dictates from the Thane.

This is a paid position.

Those interested should inquire to one of the members of the Council.

Cudar Vayl
House Head of Toevass

With that, he sits down and tosses a few coins on the bar, offering his mug up for a refill.
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Re: Posting a note

Post by Sadot »

*Brodmoria walks up reads over the posting. And his face gets an odd look upon it. it is almost as if he looks enraged, yet perplexed at the same time. He than turns and walk over to the one who posted the posting. And in a very clear an even tone speak.*

"An who might you be the head of now? Last I know as far as I was told it was Daniel who lead the House Tovass here in Midway. Did I or Rhaine mess a missive form House Tovass out of Silverthorne. I know my studies have taking us far and wide as of late. But I a sure you that neither one of us have been that far out of the loop. One would have thought even thou I am the tribes of the Blood Raven in the far north. One would have been told of some leadership changes. "

*Brodmoria just stands there shakes his head as he pick up a tankard and starts to wipe it clean. Still with a perplexed look across his face while he awaits an answer.
Bassi Forni of the Helmsplitter Clan
Wielder of the Forni Do'Bak
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

Facing Brodmoria Jack speaks.

"If you have a problem with your place in Toevass, then maybe you should take it up with your new House Head in a more private setting."
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Baronial Magistrate and House Head of Ironguard
Commander of The Black Fleet,
Master of the Long Knives.
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

"Tome Lockheart is, of course, the ranking member of our house in town. Unfortunately, his duties keep him occupied for most of the month. He appointed me local house head, in charge of duties strictly in the area of midway. Simple tasks like keeping a roll of the members and representing our house's interests on the town council. As well, he mentioned a building that belonged to our house in the past that I intend to reclaim. It's all a very new appointment. I'll be in town for most of this month, if you desire to have a discussion. I'm sure we can find a more appropriate time and place to talk it over."
The Burgundy Hero
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Brodmordh Looks dead to eye with Jack, and keeps an even tone.*

"Whats wrong Jack I did not get you a drink fast enough. Or was it not strong enough for your soured recant that was not asked of you. But if you like I can get you one that is more suited to your liking. An for the record I was asking questions. I still have the right to questions or has that been removed as well form this place. If so I might ask Sylas if I can get it back. "

* a rye Grin creep over Brodmordh face as he pokes fun at Jack. than looks back to Cudar and chuckles*

"I had to ask for he was talking about placing Rhaine in the spot form some time. An seen that I am the local Arcanist for the house. An I was just in Silverthorne an thought I messed something. So I thought that I would just ask the question. But is nice to meet you, what would like to drink?"
Bassi Forni of the Helmsplitter Clan
Wielder of the Forni Do'Bak
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

Jack swirls his elvish wine and closes his book.

"I have no issue with your service or, the quality of of our Thanes wine. I simply suggested you keep House business, House business. However if you feel that every patron here deserves to know why Toevass does what it does, and why, very well."
Commissar Jack Maxwell
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

"If the water's clean, I'll have that."

Cudar sits and listens as Jack speaks with his house-brother. After the final comment, he finally raises his own voice.

"We are the hoarders of knowledge, brother, not its spreaders. As I said, we can have a private conversation whenever you would like. Now, leave our good magistrate in peace so that he can go about his own duties."
The Burgundy Hero
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

News having traveled to him in regards to the issues over leadership, Daniel makes his way to House Jakoric from the old inn building now housing troops.

“Jack, causing problems I see,” he says with a smile. “Brodmordh, it is good to see you. It has been too long. It would appear that we should talk.” With that Daniel passes behind the bar and heads into one of the rooms behind the bar with him. Voices can be heard, from within speaking at normal volumes. (PM’d you.)
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

*Jack leans over and speaks quietly to Cudar. (PM)
Commissar Jack Maxwell