Three gavin enter the bar
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

NPC3

Three gavin enter the bar

Post by NPC3 »

*Three scraggly looking gavin enter the in. They weave their way up to the bar and one of them clambers onto a bench. He is covered in a very intricate series of scars. He looks around, to his fellow two gavin, and nods. Though he speaks with a quiet voice, it can be easily heard throughout the room, and it carries an air of authority.*

"Hello great heroes of midway... *he looks to Sylas* and the...mediocre heroes of Midway. We come from the depths of the Dark Woods to ask for your aid. We, the tribe of Gar'gongadell, have come upon council and scrying that in this great war we gavin may have the opportunity to stand up and help dispel the deep mistrust held towards our people. We wish to field an army... or what we deem to be the semblance of one...in the conflict ahead, but we are unable to do so without your help. In a day long, long ago, we sealed one of our greatest heroes from the world... with the intent that should he ever be needed he could be freed. Do you heroes think you are up to the challenge of delving deep into the heart of the Dark Wood to help us free our champion, so that we may fight by your side?"
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Re: Three gavin enter the bar

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn for now just stands in corner of the Inn near one of the doors keeping and eye on the ga'vin. Her instincts from all the fights she had during the days of Grom is telling her she is not sure she can trust this at all. What she is observing for how is how some of the others in town react for some have seen some of the things she has.*
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

Cudar nods at the Gavin as they enter. He listens intently at first, but jumps in protest at the rib against sylas.
"Hey! More of us are mediocre than simply him! Give credit where it is due."

Sitting back down, the burgundy hero listens to the rest of the Gavin's proposal.
"And who is this champion?"
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Daniel sets down hi ale and looks to the speaker.

"My good gavin, you'll pardon my 'mistrust', as you put it, but what assurances do we have that this isn't some sort of trick to get us to unleash some fiend upon us all? I mean no direct offense to you or your kind, but that reputation of 'mistrust' you have, from the histories I've studied, isn't unearned. Perhaps you could tell us more of this hero and his deeds before we free him?"
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

Why do you come to Midway and not "The Ga'Vin"? Daniel speaks wisely, what assurances do we have that any of the Ga'Vin tribes will join the endless war, let alone sern't eorking on the other side?
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*laughs loudly*
"'Mediocre Hero!' Ha! Thats even better than 'Substandard Caldonian'!"
*turns to Brodmordh*
"Lets get them something to wet their lips, this may take some talking to convince some.."
*turning to the others*
"I can vouch for them. In fact I would not be here now if not for them."

"and remember Solari, THE GaVin cant or wont leave his mountain.."
*turning back to the three GaVin*
"But I would like to know more about this 'Hero'.."
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

traveling through the dark woods, fighting off countless things that want to eat me only to wake an almost certainly grumpy gavin champion who may or may not realize we are the good guys? Sounds entertaining. I'm on board.

Just long as any tattoos I get this time don't keep itching so much...
Eld - retired
Karn
NPC3

Post by NPC3 »

*The Ga’vin on the bench nods his head slowly, and then speaks.*

If we were working for the other side, we would be getting help from them instead, and not risking ourselves by coming here. We will happily submit ourselves to any means of detection you possess to ensure our veracity.

Those of you that are wary, however, are right to be so. It is true that you often cannot trust Ga’vin, but that is exactly the reason that you must help us. Our race has committed travesties throughout history, and we seek to redeem our kind. Our tribe knows this better than any, because it is our duty to remember the horrors committed in ages past.

We do not offer any alliance from Ga’vin tribes or justification of past actions. The only assurance we have is that our champion will fight to preserve the life of this world.

We cannot say much about him, but we will tell you that he once gave up everything dear to him to put this world to right.

We know that we are asking a great deal of you, but we have little other choice. We thank you for hearing us out, and we will return in three days time to gather those of you that are willing to aid us.

*They wait a moment longer, to give time for a response, before leaving*
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*The former mage hunter now barbarian speaks as she looks at the assembled group*

Well I can test them for a few things if you all need me to. There is the obvioius and well the not so obvious. I for one would at least like to do the first and then wait for what they have to say before I do the other.

I think the first DEFINATELY should be done.
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

*Rooks drops from the rafters in a manner that can only imply some semblance of sobriety*

"They sure look trustworthy... I mean they are wearing pants!"

*Rooks sniffs the air about the Gavin*

"I smell no taint of necromancy on them...

*Rooks eyes the gavin standing on the bench*

"Strange marks though... even for Gavin... they look ancient. Anything you reconginze Daniel... Lyshon???"
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*sighing deeply*
"Ill see if I can get back in time.. *crumples a piece of paper* It looks like I have a meeting with the Baron.."

"Ill pull some strings with Jakoric and get Fabler from Portsend here to help out in my stead."
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*The knight tilts his head to one side and eyes the Gavin's markings thoughtfully* "Seems familiar. Let me get a closer look."

*OOG: pm me if i know something. If it's An'Dar I can read it. If it's not, i'll drop 12 points of lore to figure it out.*
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Daniel looks a bit closer to the markings of the Gavin... "Maybe... let me get my spectacles"
Daniel puts on some fancy looking glasses and takes a closer look... (dito what Llyshon said)
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

From what i know you know.. my best guess is that you can tell it a very very old language.
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Brodmordh does as Sylas ask he get the Ga'Vin drinks. than goes around refilling those that wish it. He is not say anything as he keeps an eye on the Ga'Vin. He just list as the others talk.*
Bassi Forni of the Helmsplitter Clan
Wielder of the Forni Do'Bak