Negotiations.
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Negotiations.

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Sir Llyshon walks briskly into the inn, flanked by three men. Two are in armor and wear a light gray tabard with a device composed of twin black swords crossed before a white heater shield. One of the men is wearing robes and has the symbol of the guild of mages hanging at his belt. The Knight states quietly to the two soldiers, "Go outside and in the surrounding areas, such as the Mage's guild tower, and see if you can get the other townspeople to join us at the inn." After they make their exit, he nods to the mage, who closes his eyes and begins to murmer and draw symbols in the air.

After waiting for the soldiers to return with whatever stragglers they have managed to round up, the Knight approaches the counter and announces loudly, "As I'm sure some of you have heard, the Red Tear has doubled in strength after the fall of the living wall and the Fire Plane has opened and begun to wage war upon the necromancers. Diplomacy in Legacy has slowed to a snail's pace, and my sources tell me that it is unlikely that Ryphisto will be able to cobble together a coalition any time soon."

"That is why I have come. We must do everything within our power to speed along, and successfully bring together such a coalition. Our time is running short. The army of the Fire Plane is strong, but no single army can last against the Red Tear. Unless we are able to band together all of the living races into one strong alliance, we WILL be swallowed, and Phanterra will become another Necroverse. A dead, barren place bereft of life and of hope."

"I have come here hoping that the town can decide upon a plan of action. I have every faith that if we can work together, we will be able to push the races into an agreement. Our past actions have given us much to work with. The dwarves have regained the lorecrafters through our efforts. The Elven homeland was sheltered from destruction because of our interventions. We have earned the respect and trust of the Barbarians Tribes. We have pushed the evil from Sylvan'Con. And Silverthorne's army is now commanded by an honorable man who truly understands the need for alliance and is committed to the creation and inclusion of aid from other races."

"It is time for us to weave these threads of fate into one complete tapestry. It is time for us to take a hand in the forging of the Alliance of Legacy."

"It is time for us to come together as a town, and decide upon a course of action as to how we can do so."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Re: Negotiations.

Post by Sadot »

*Brodmoria Looks up form behind the bar as Sir Llyshon speaks. He waits till he is done than slides over his normal drink of choice. An in that moment he speaks.*

"Sir Llyshon if it is help you need count me in for the long hail. I agree with you that this vile threat should be cut out of this world once and for all. An If it is the last thing I do, I shall muster all that is with in myself to do so.

*Pausing for a moment than speak again as he draws up a few more tankards of drink for others in the tavern.*

"Yet I think with the plane of Fire helping we need to talk to the other elemental planes as well. See if we can not get them to help as well. If this is the time to stand up and draw forth an army of all that is good in this land. We are gone to need the help of all the ally's we can find. An like I stated before I am in this for as long as I draw breath."
Bassi Forni of the Helmsplitter Clan
Wielder of the Forni Do'Bak
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Nods to Sadot* "The idea has merit, actually. And of the four elements, Fire is the weakest against the undead. It may not hurt to send an emissary to the elemental plane of Earth, to start."

*He picks up his mug of elvish wine from off of the table, still musing* "But what is most needed at this time is to draw in the Kunapan, the Avyana, the elves, and the Dwarves. I need people with connections to those races to determine how best we can do this."

"My thought is this. First we send a delegation of heroes to Legacy from Midway, with each of the Races represented, and we speak to the council directly in an attempt to sway them. We have seen the horror that Phanterra will become if the Necromancers win. We have fought with the Red Tear long before most of the Nations knew it to be a real threat. Why have none of our voices yet been heard?"

"Afterward, if it is needed, we should send representatives to the Kunapan, the Avyanna, the Dwarves, the Elves directly."

"I need volunteers, and ideas as to how we can accomplish these things."
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
GM Todd
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by GM Todd »

*A hooded figure enters the Inn. Its clear that below his winter weather gear he is armored. As he removes his hood the High Elf looks around the room, falling for a moment on the faces of the patrons*
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

"Hail, brother. Take a seat, kick up your feet. Enjoy some of Sylas's wonderful wine."
Cudar smiles at the elf as he does so himself.
"I must say, you look like a man on a mission. The question then is, what can we help you with?"
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Turns to Lyshon*

I'm willing to help, but I have no contections that you speak off. I will offer my services to help make sure the traveling parties are safe. Us Guthries are not know for our combat prowess, and I don't think a good old party will help the stituation. But it would be fun :D .

*Turns to the new commer*

Welcome stranger, what brings you to our neck of the world? Do you have any news or even better yet, epic tales to be told?
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*Solari walks into the Inn and looks around*
What's happening? Why are there armed guards in the Inn and has anyone seen Sylas?
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
GM Todd

Post by GM Todd »

*The Elf looks around and out the door as Solari steps through*
"I believe I have had my fill of Sylas' whine.."
*The thought goes unfinished as two more winter garbed individuals enter the Inn. The first is shorter and stockier then the other two. The second has his hood down and a half smile on his thin Elven lips*
"Ahh.. so this is 'home'.." *it is more a statement then a question*
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*stepping past the High Elves and throwing his hood back as he steps behind the bar with a grin*
"So what did I miss?" *grin widens*
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

"Sylas, welcome back! Elves didn't pun you to death did they?"

Cudar hops to his feet and strides over to Sylas, shaking his hand warmly and offering him a drink with the other.

"I'm sure you've been deprived of proper ale too. Enjoy."
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*A hooded figure wearing a thick wool looking coat walks into the Inn. The figure appears female and has a shortword around her waist while carrying two more in her hands. The swords appear VERY familiar to those that know her. When the hood is removed the woman is painted a lot like she was during the Bloodmoon with the bear claw painted on half her face. She looks at the Knight and smiles.*

Thought I'd check up on a few things. Thought the time was right to at least see how everyone is doing for I did say I would do my best to balance both homelands now. I have some information for you Llyshon I've been meaning to get to you and maybe *looks around the room* perhaps you might need some assistance with something.

*Looks at Sylas*

Feel like recommending something to drink and by the way it's good to see you.
Last edited by Kimberlyn Darksbane on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*looking at the mug handed to him, and then at the entering Kimberlyn he passes the mug to her*
"Cudar recomends one of these."
*Winks at Cudar, then steps behind the bar speaking to the Elves*
"Alomar? Lucy? Can I offer you some of that 'special stock' I was telling you about?"

*he looks happy to be behind his bar again*
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon watches the entrance of the Elves with quiet interest. When Sylas enters he smiles broadly at the man* "I am glad to see you have returned, more or less unscathed. It never ceases to amaze me the trouble that you get yourself into. And have you brought allies with you?"

*The Knight turns and speaks to the the High Elves in fluent Elvish* "I offer my greeting to you both, and my respect to your fair Queen, Anvea. I would be honored if you would stay to share drinks with us." *Switching to common, he looks back to Sylas and grins*, "If our Elvish friends will stay for a drink, I will buy the first round for everyone here."
Sir Llyshon

***Player Ombudsman***
GM Todd

Post by GM Todd »

*speaking sternly in just under a yell one of the Elves speaks in Elven*
"My name is not Lucy you Heathen! It is Lucifellion! Lucifellion!" *calming slightly at being caught off guard by the Knight speaking in fluent Elven* "I would not drink this mans swill if I were dying of thirst!"
*He spins on his heals and departs the Inn*

*The second Elf lets out a sigh, and then his smile slowly creeps back. He begins to speak in Elven then hesitates..*
".. Im sorry. We are in your lands and should be speaking your language." *extending a hand to the Knight* "I am Alomar, guide to Thane Sylas Hay for his return home.
And.. As I understand it my first drink is to be free. Is that not correct Lord Hay?"
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*with a grin* "Guess Lucy's not thirsty."

"And you are correct Alomar, and Ive told you dozens of times please just call me Sylas. And yes. The first ones on me. Lyshon can however buy a round for all the other patrons since he is feeling so gracious."
*winks to Cudar and starts pouring, filling several mugs atop the bar*