Sylvan'Dar
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Sylvan'Dar

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Sir Llyshon enters the Inn, walks over next to the bar, and states loud enough for everyone to hear* "I'd like to hold a meeting on what happened last night so that the rest of the town can be informed as to what happened. But before we do so, I've heard that some are spreading rumours that Mal'Ka Tai was somehow involved in the invasion of Sylvan'Dar, and helped to aid Spiff in bringing down the barrier. Would anyone care to elaborate?"
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Re: Sylvan'Dar

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

* Aroura comes down from the rafters*

While I do not know the whole of the story, the Mal'Ka Tai were not helping Spiff to create the ritual. Yes they protected Spiff from being killed, but they did not aid him in his decision to attack Sylvan'dar. They also did not stop Spiff from being knocked out, and then made to turn the undead against the changlings.
The Mal'Ka Tai were there to try and save a old friend.
Gone and Yet not gone
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

I have no idea what happened but the rumors have been interesting. I'm all for getting the truth!
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I think Aurora gave enough of the full story that I cannot make any money from selling it. Oh well.

*winks at Aurora*

Rumors do grow out of control at truly impressive rates. I would like to hear some of them true or untrue, they make for great stories!
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

*Cudar nods as he hears aurora speak.*
"Everything I heard from several different sources correlates with that view of the events. Thanks for presenting what you know."
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Mirathelyn
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Mirathelyn »

Scarlet crosses her arms across her chest and leans against the door trim of the inn entrance, "I heard a lot of rumors about there being evil twins of various people, but other than that, I didn't hear anything about the Mal'Ka Tai helping out Spiff. I know they didn't want him killed, but that goes without saying. The law states that Spiff should get a fair trial, at the very least, even after all he's done. As for the Mal'Ka Tai, I'm just glad that they were there fighting side-by-side with us--well, above us, but that's beside the point--and kicking some serious butt at that!"

Scarlet gives a respectful nod to Chronixx, Klogg, and Rooks.
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn shakes her head leaning against a wall looking right at Scarlet then switches her attention to whomever is in the room.*

Funny, words change now but the rumors got to me differently, trying to shove me into some for of action. Seems the issue is behind the scenes and in the shadows people say one thing and then when someone like Llyshon wants to bring it out to the light of day people change their song and dance.

The shadows are great, aren't they? You can easily pass judgement and vilify people who have done a lot for the fight against the forces of darkness be they Mal'ka Tai, a former mage hunter, or a Knight. So easy is it for one to say that the lot of us are selfish, violent, heartless individuals who care nothing about the war against necromancy.

What I've learned throughout my years when I was a mage hunter is that public opinion, rumor, or what have you is what it is. That actions that were taken were taken and people will take this opportunity and ask Sir Llyshon what the truth is or believe whatever twisted version they have created for themselves.

*She looks at Llyshon*

Unfortunately no matter how hard you try my friend you will not be able change that twisted truth no matter how hard you try. Take if from personal experience.
Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

Just about the time we were ready to leave Rooks approached me telling me about what the ritual was actually going to do. He had found out that the ritual opens a portal to the Underling realm. So we made the hasty decision to be there when the portal was opened to fend off the underling attack. Us in our arrogant way failed to inform the entire town what our private mercenary groups plans were.

As far as Spiff goes I had nothing to do with him during the battle at all. I think Klogg would be best to describe what happened there. From what I can tell now is that Spiff is on the road to recovery and I will help him along the way. But let it be known that Spiff is not a member of the Mal Ka' Tai.

Later after we had returned to town and the start of Spiff's recovery is when the Rooks from the necro world showed up. He only attacked Spiff. Klogg then tried slay the necro Rooks but failed. In discussing with others and getting the history of the necro world, it started to go downhill when it's Sylcan'Dar was destroyed. We assumed that the necro Rooks had a huge hand in ritual. And Spiff messed it up.

So it looks like we have a new adversary. And if necro Rooks has aligned with the Red Tier which is the way it looks, we better be all watching our backs.
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Klogg
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Klogg »

I simply shooed away attackers until I could convince Spiff that he did have a choice - that he did not have to complete the ritual and that his friends would stand with him if he stepped out of the darkness. He made a choice - one likely harder than any we have had to make - and he chose to fight the good fight. The reason the undead army fell apart and the ritual ended was because Spiff made it happen.

That said, anyone who thinks the Mal Katai was involved in bringing down the barrier is a twit; the folks spreading those rumors are worse, and the folks starting those rumors are villains and dissenters that seek only to cause strife amongst us, and likely for a profit.

Trust that I would not help my friend destroy what we protect, but I would help my friend.

Though I'm not sure I agree, another good buddy of mine taught me that no one is beyond redemption.
Grand Skylord Klogg, Knight of the Green Phoenix
Solari Son of the Mother

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*Solari snickers*
People can be so silly, if the Mal'Ka Tai had been helping the underlings or the necromancers I'd be dead because they would have had to kill me.

I counted Spiff as a friend once too, but no longer. Perhaps if his professed desire to make amends comes to fruition that may change. People make mistakes and they should be given the chance to redeem themselves. If people had questions about what was going on then they should have gone and voiced them to the Mal'Ka' Tai. I wanted to know what was going on so I went and got my answers from the source. Just as I plan to do with the elves, on the morrow I will be leaving for Sylvan'Dar. I'm not going to breach the veil but I will certainly get noticed. Perhaps they will be willing to talk, but I plan on asking them to release Sylas and for permission to treat with them as a representative of their cousins the Wood Elves.

If I do not return within a few weeks assume that I occupy a cell much like Sylas. But I cannot let my friend sit in jail, held by a people that we have gone out of our way to aid.
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*The Knight listens to the towns-members talk for a while and then states* "Fear and mistrust are more potent a weapon than any other that the Red Tear can bring to bear. That is why I felt I must stand here before you and speak openly of what has happened. If we fall to petty bickering, squabbling, and fear of one another, we will fall... and all of Phanterra will fall with us."

"I attempted to kill Spiff on sight. But when Klogg asked for time to talk to him, out of my trust for Klogg and everything that he has done to aid us, I relented. When the veil fell and the underling army began pouring out of the gate, I flew towards it on my own hoping to find a means to close it myself or die trying."

"I likely would have died. But Spiff turned the undead army against the Underlings and disrupted the Red Tear's plans. If he had not done so, Sylvan'dar probably would have fallen and the Red Tear would have had access to it and all of its secrets."

"I believe strongly in redemption. Spiff was willing to be cleansed and he turned himself in to face his justice. His fate now is uncertain. He has made it clear to me that he will help make amends for his crimes, and will accept death if that is the wishes of Silverthorne. He is in custody. I have informed my betters, and his judgement is in the hands of the King."

"Whether he can ever truly make amends for his crimes and earn my trust I do not know, and if his sentence is death, we may never find out. But I will say that, at the least, he has made a good beginning."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Wow, it makes sense now. We where very lucky weren't we :D

I can take an easy victory over death any time.

Thanks Klogg, Rook's, and Cronixx!

I just have to say, we won, and there is one less necromancer in this world to darken our door step.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Solari Son of the Mother

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

Edrick it was all of us, without all of us working together none of us would have succeeded.

And Chronixx, I'm not so sure that Necro-Rooks is working with the Red Tear. I wouldn't rule it out, but I just don't see a necro world version of Rooks really wanting to deal with all the petty squabbling that happens withing the Red Tear until he went to take it over.
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

I do agree with you Solari about NecroRooks. But just for the fact that he is here is scary. For if he made it here what else did? Hopefully he could only get himself here.
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

I believe some of the comments that are being mentioned were directly after the battle occurred, while emotions were hot and tempers were running due in no small part to our expulsion from the battle so abruptly by the elves. One of these rumors went out, whether to cause distention I cannot say, that Rooks had been seen fighting back to back with another version of himself, one missing an eye.

It was speculated that it could have been his double form Necro-world or even a mirror image spell. I know I made comments as to both these possibilities and even other possibilities, such as Rooks going to multiple dimensions to find copies of himself to bring back to help us fight.

I also know I personally stated and stand by said statement that, “if they were evil, I’d rather find out with a full mug in my hand or in my bed sleeping. Running on foot would be pointless as Klogg could track me anywhere I ran, running by spells would be pointless as Rooks could track me that way.” I mentioned this to Rooks and he found if funny, and then explained the entire double thing to me. It is not my story to tell, however, I will state on my oath to tell the truth that at no point in time did Rooks fight as a friend to what I believe has been confirmed as the evil Rooks from Necro-world. Nor did I believe Rook or any of the Mal'Ka Tai were working with the necromancers. As I stated if they were then many of us would be dead.

As for Spiff, I too counted him once as both a friend and mentor. If the kingdom wishes to give him a second chance, I will not oppose the decision. As for the Mal'Ka Tai's involvement in matters regarding Spiff, they are now acting under orders from Nobility and as such they beyond question by any here, as Sir Llyshon can attest. The details of this I am also not certain are mine to disclose.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.