Darthesis Posts a Notice
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Darthesis Posts a Notice

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis walks into the Inn and walks over for a quick talk with Bob. You see Darthesis hand Bob something (likely a large coin)
*** Bob smiles, nods, and points Darthesis to a space on the wall. Darthesis walks over there and posts a notice:

Greetings Townsmembers and Visitors of Midway:

Fidelis Pro Aurum has had good business lately and we thank you for your patronage. However our head alchemist and seer are unavailable due to a long term job for at least another year. As such resources of certain required skills and items is running low and we need to replenish those stores.

We are making it known that we am looking to hire the uses of alchemists, potion researchers, and soothsayers who are at least experts in their chosen crafts. We will pay reasonable rates, we will pay in advance when it makes sense, and you know we can be trusted in any business transaction. We are looking to hire both by the job and possibly on retainer as well based on the circumstances. There are certain restrictions and rules to be followed by any hired for such work, they are simple, they are direct, but we take them very seriously.

We advise contacting the local alchemist's guild or diviner's guild prior to actually delivering and being paid for such services to ensure there are no issues with Silverthorne tax law. If you choose to work for Fidelis Pro Aurum on retainer other options can be worked out and of course Fidelis Pro Aurum can offer you services in barter for your skills if you so choose as well.

Anyone who has these skills and is interested in doing either short or long term business with Fidelis Pro Aurum may contact the local chapter head of Fidelis Pro Aurum, Darthesis Tal'Sadaar.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Re: Darthesis Posts a Notice

Post by Sylas Hay »

*Sylas walks in, pausing to read the notice*
"We am?"
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

* Böðmóðr walks in looks over the posting on the wall. Than look sat Sylas and shrugs his shoulders.*

"Not sure was what to make of the "we am". Guess I will have to ask Raine she is more skilled in the finer arts of the ink and quill than I am. An on an other topic. Sylas did you fair well after I had to leave? I wish I had been able to stay longer but Toevass had need of my skills. Did anything happen well I was over in Fair Orchard with Raine? Please come sit if you have the time I would like to hear more of this place and what I might have messed. The first pour is on me."

*Böðmóðr Offers Sylas a set as he orders a few tankards of mead. Than he look sup at Darthesis an offer him a set as well as a tankard.*

"Darthesis might you join us as well for a drink and maybe a few tales of this place. I would like to learn more about the who is, the how comes, and the where not to travel without some protection."
Bassi Forni of the Helmsplitter Clan
Wielder of the Forni Do'Bak
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*Solari walks in flipping a small black throwing dagger around, nearly stabbing himself with it and picks it up off the floor. Darthesis just might notice the dagger looks awfully familiar and reflexively check his bandolier. Still flipping it around, more carefully now, he says to noone in particular*

I'm thinking 5 verlan? Yes that sounds about right I would say.
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Rowen Kane
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Rowen Kane »

sounds good to ill take it.
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Darthesis smiles, takes a few steps over to the notice, and with a flurry of ink and arm, sits back down...

*** The note is edited

*** Darthesis turns to Solari.

Well, the dagger is only worth about 2 verlan brand new, so I'd say you should likely take Rowen's offer, it's a great deal for you! In the future I'll be willing to pay a reasonable fee for such and item's return if anyone finds them.

*** Darthesis then turns to Böðmóðr

I am sorry but I do not drink or eat that which was not prepared by myself or my organization... or the legendary Bombour himself. In my profession I make enemies, and enemies of mine tend to have a hard time getting their revenge straightforwardly, so they always try the road less traveled. It's not lack of trust in you, but lack of trust in everything that goes into the making and serving of food or drink.

As for stories, I'm not an expert storyteller by any means. I do have a great deal of wonderful information on this region that is of benefit to everyone, but my line of work is that of the mercenary... anything that is truly of use... costs coin or barter.

I can give you general knowledge of the region surrounding Midway though, as this can't make me any money, it is simply common knowledge.

To the south are marshes, but unless you travel a long way are relatively safe if you are an adventurer. To the north are the dark woods. This is reasonably dangerous during the day, and can be downright deadly at night. Never travel there alone or unprepared. To the west along the river it is relatively safe due to the military routes and Tarragon Keep at the base of the Chaos mountains. That is, unless you have past issues with Silverthornian law. Once you enter the mountains themselves... you take your life into your own hands... even I only travel there when necessary. Past the mountains... well, you're stepping into a war zone.

To the east is also relatively safe because of the trade routes until you reach the city of Port's End, Portsmouth, or Holdguard... the name changes depending on the group you are speaking to, but it's the same little port city. If you know how to handle yourself around bad men, and are not a mage or demi-human, you should be relatively safe there.

Of course, we are at war, and this means chaos. Chaos causes creatures and groups to be uprooted and moving, so it is never completely safe. There are heroes abound in this town, and you'd think that offers great protection. However, it just as often means you are near a powerful enemy's target as well.

I hope your business here is profitable, and if you ever have a need of a true professional's services, simply let me know.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

*** Darthesis walks into the Inn and walks over for a quick talk with Bob. You see Darthesis hand Bob something (likely a large coin)
*** Bob smiles, nods, and points Darthesis to a space on the wall. Darthesis walks over there and posts a notice:
*Chronixxx gives Darth a puzzled look

"You couldn't find that spot on your own? Or are you going blind? Should I fetch a healer for you? And if you are just paying for the spot I sure hope Bob there has a writ to rent that spot, and I hope you have a writ to rent that spot from him."
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
dier_cire
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by dier_cire »

don't forget the taxes need to be paid on the spot. Well, not on the spot on the spot, but next month on the spot. er, taxes must be paid on the spot next month when you see Edrick or Andrew. blarg, nevermind.
:D
Eld - retired
Karn
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis turns to Chronixx and Eld...

Well you see, that is simply a tip... perhaps you'd get better service if you learned about how those work.

As for the notice, I was asking Bob where it would be best to post a notice, as I didn't want to be rude and put holes in an establishment's walls without permission. I hold no official position within town that gives me rights to do so, and I step carefully when the laws of Silverthorn and the officials of this town are involved. I'm not one to make waves among my potential customers.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Solari Son of the Mother

*Solari flips Darthesis the dagger*

I'd rather you have it back, besides, if I were to sell something then I'd have to get a writ, and pay taxes, and keep a record of it. Not to mention I'd feel just a little dirty *as he brushes leaves off his clothes* knowing you claim ownership of it and then asking you to pay to get it back would make my skin crawl a little. Besides, I can put another mark on the wood elven societal structures ledger. While I keep marking X's on the side of the gold standard. Maybe one day you'll see the error in your ways. *Solari smiles at Darthesis*
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis catches the dagger, places it into a small slit in his cloak, and smiles.

I'm not sure of any 'error of my ways' but I do understand your worldview. I may not share it, but it is as valid as any other, and much more helpful to the people around you.

I know you will say it's not necessary and not accept it if I offer, so I am simply telling you that I do keep track of things people say and do. Perhaps there will be something small in the future, some bit of information that I feel you might like to have, or at least have first. Some undead strike may be coming your way. Help may be available. I am who I am, it would be hypocrisy to not keep track of debts owed. Yes, yes, I know that's not why you did it nor would you accept it, so I'm simply stating fact.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Solari Son of the Mother

*Solari chuckles*
And contrary to what others might believe, I know you won't even mention that you've done it.
*Solari nods to Darthesis, a nod that includes purposefully taking his eyes off of Darthesis for a short period of time and looking at the ground.*
Now that you have that back, I'm off. I have to attempt to explain a concept to a treant, so if anyone needs anything from me in the next week or so, you'll know where to find me.

*Heads toward the Dark Wood*
Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

"What I'm wondering is what writ Bob there is using where he can accept tips tax free? Unless you of course have it your personal writ where you can give tips tax free?"
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Bob can obviously accept Tips for managing the bar. As for how the writ for the bar covers the people who run it for it's owner, you'd have to talk to the owner, but tips I'd assume are handled under the main writ for the bar itself, but I don't tend to audit the Thane's books, so that'll be up to you to look into.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Divin Stormshadow

Post by Divin Stormshadow »

Now why ya have to keep talkin down about chaos.... we keep things interesting i'll have you know.
Divin Stormshadow
Work force management of Chaos
General nusance of the Mages Guild
Magi of the great Clan Skum