The Trial of Willy Wickerton
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

NPC SoCo
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Re: The Trial of Willy Wickerton

Post by NPC SoCo »

Bob points at the sign on the inn

"Water we aint got NO STINKING WATER"

Then as if realizing who he is smarting off to jumps a bit and starts looking for some water... "HEY DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY WATER FOR THE BARRON CAVILERE SKRESS?"
"INVICTUS" by William Ernest Henly
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS

Player Ombudsman
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by X-GM Fesko »

A battered face appears in the window to Cell 1.

"Treason!?! Necromancy!?! What!? Why?!? I understand something apparently went wrong with one of my trinkets, but Necromancy?! How?! And I've never heard of a failed spell amounting to treason before!"
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn's eyes narrow severely showing anger but she says nothing and turns to Jack.*

Conspiracy works. I was just curious what the latest update is with that one.

*Looks over at Kathryn*

Oh there was an issue with how a trial was being conducted when Jack was doing his job *glances over at Zen*. Matter resolved and Jack's just going to restart the trial when a Jakoric representative comes over from Terragon tomorrow.

*Looks over at Daniel with a half grin.*

Your boots are safe for now.

*Back to Kathryn*

I don't think Bob has munched on everything so if you'd like something to eat to go with that water it's on me if you have time to chat or even if you don't and are just stopping to take a quick breather and see what all the noise was all about.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn shrugs*

I have confidence in Jack's ability to conduct the trial appropriately. No need for him to explain himself to anyone.

*She grins at Jack*

Just make sure you get those reports to me on time.

*To Kimberlyn*

That goes for you too, young lady. Although, I'm surprised we don't have a Jakoric rep in town these days. Seems like we were overrun with them in days gone by.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn looks at Kathryn*

Oh yeah I need to ask you about how you want that and all. Perhaps we should talk about that.

As for Jack, yeah I pretty much feel the same way. He was doing fine but you know how people get.
Zen Zecharion
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Zen Zecharion »

*zen chuckles at kymberlin's chagrin, obviously amused that he has upset the mage hunter so*
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*serves up water from a clear bottle*
"Bob only serves by color."
*grins*
"Water for you to Zen? Might cool you off."
Zen Zecharion
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Zen Zecharion »

i might just take you up on that offer sylas, i might have begun to understand the "chill" or "cool off" jokes, with myself being a fire mage and all. and no, im not doing and saying what i have because i dont like the rules, im saying it because i dont like the premice of people trying to punish somone just so that they can get back at them. true that those that were hustled were wronged, but they put themselves in that position. and its very much unfair for jack to be a pawn in their game of revenge.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

looks up from his paperwork, So zen what your saying is it's ok to swindle you and take you for everything you own.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*pours water in a glass and moves to hand it to Zen*

*But then at the last moment intentionally drops it on the floor letting the contents splash out*

"Oh look at that. Guess that wouldnt have happened if you hadnt put your self in this position."

*eyes focussed on Zen while he pours him a new glass of water and sets it on the counter infront of Zen*

"You see Zen, sometimes through no fault of your own someone will try and take advantage. Its not your fault you expected me, as a legitimate business owner, to act in a particular manor. Some people just.. take.. advantage."

"Can you see now what Willy has done?"
Zen Zecharion
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Zen Zecharion »

*zen facepalms, again, muttering to himself something about having to repeat himself over and over again*

"ugh, alright listen, heres how it is. firstly no, i never said it was ok to swindle somone, and the term i used was hustle thank you very much, there is a difference. second i have no idea what the point was of you dropping your glass on the ground, i suppose it would have been a valid position if i had paid for it ahead of time and then you didnt provide said paid service, which i assume was what you were going for, but along those lines i have a rebuttle, in that situation i refuse to pay for the spilled drink and therefor (fingerquotes) "justice" has been served, had i paid ahead of time and you refused to replace or refund the drink, then you would have a situation parallel to what willy has done, but while were on this relevent subject, which is what im assuming your saying, and by your own claimed logic, i could call to have you brought up on charges of theft by denial of a service paid for and call for you to be thrown in the salt mines for not serving me a drink with value of at max 2 verlan.

*zen takes the drink and sips at it, bouncing his eyebrows at sylas and waiting for his response.*
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*sigh*
*mutters under breath*
"I give up. Ive met donkadillos that werent as stupid."

*stepping up on a stool and addressing everyone in the Inn*
"Until further notice I am revoking this mans *indicating Zen* right to be called by any name other than 'Shovel' while inside these hallowed walls. Any who forgets this ruling will be charged double for their drinks. Any who remember will be given a discount."
*stepping down*
"I name you 'Shovel' so all will know you have the potential to be helpful. But in the mean time, while you flail around blindly against the rocks, you are virtually useless."

*turns his attention back to the bar bending over to clean the mess from the spilled glass*
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Takes the glass of water when Sylas pours it for her*

Thank you, Thane Sylas. A cool drink is much appreciated. And you as well, Bob. I'm gladdened that you make exceptions to the "No Water" rule for me.

*She ignores Zen (Shovel) and turns to Kimberlyn*

A written report each month will be fine. If you want to discuss the finer details, we can have a seat and do so now. I have some time.
Divin Stormshadow
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Divin Stormshadow »

*turning to Sylas*

when did they make your punk ass a Thane? Damn, they'll promote anyone these days...
Divin Stormshadow
Work force management of Chaos
General nusance of the Mages Guild
Magi of the great Clan Skum
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Kathryn*

Works for me.

*She grabs her drinks and sits down at a table with Kathryn*