The Trial of Willy Wickerton
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Zen Zecharion
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Re: The Trial of Willy Wickerton

Post by Zen Zecharion »

to andrew

"well thats hardly just. demanding paperwork from a man in chains, he clearly doesnt have it, and now is not the appropriate time to request such documentation. to do so would lead down a dark path, one that leads to mandalor representatives following everyday citizens around everywhere they go demanding paperwork from every sale they make."

to willie

"and if jakoric will not prove your innocent of the acusation of theft, then i will myself"
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

Zen the paper work I am requesting should be amongst the items that where him when brought in. If not I am sure he should be willing to advise me on where it is and if not then it may be considered another crime that he has comited and thus should be tried for. If everything is legit then it will be easy for me to verify his paperwork.

I am doing my job just as the other houses will do thiers.

In all Zen I highly doubt Mr. Wickerton over there will ever be able to deal in the sale of alchemic goods and should be glad that Jack is being kind to him.

By the way Zen what he did doesn't just effect him and the people he sold his potions to but everyone in the alchemists guild. He didn't just swindle some people out of thier money and ran the possibility of causing death. He destroyed some of the credit that the alchemist merchants in this town have, and could have done permanent damage to the merchants businesses he sold to.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Looks at Jack*

You're going to need a representative of Jakoric present from the looks of things.

*Turns to Zen*

Andrew is correct, the writ should be among his things. If memory serves me correctly I believe Edrick looked at said writ. As for you defending this guy Zen, well that's for Jakoric to do. Also if memory serves me correctly those who were ripped off buy this guy requested he be put on trial. Jack is doing his job, like it or not those are the rules here.

*Looks as if she is going to say something further but opts not to*

Jack a word of a moment please.
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

Jack waves one of the town guard over, then points to Willy.
"Watch him"

Jack then walks over to Kimberlynn.
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Baronial Magistrate and House Head of Ironguard
Commander of The Black Fleet,
Master of the Long Knives.
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick Speaks Up*

I did check his write and collected his taxes on the sale of the potions. So he did follow Silverthorns laws on saleing items.

*Edrick pulls a book and shows Andrew the entry of Willy paying his taxes on his potion sales*
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

As head of the local alchemist guild I'd tend to agree about people giving our fine group a bad name.

On a completely different note, Zen have you ever considered a career in House Jakoric? I personally think you'd make a fine member. You should talk to the most Gracious and Beautiful Gentle Woman Wren. From my notes when last we met and she graced us with her songs, she was in charge of that house now. I know with her bard duties she is frequently out of town collecting stories, perhaps you could seek her out and see if she'd be willing to take you on as an initiate for a time to see if you would mesh well into the house. Sort of a trial period for the house and well for you for that matter. I think I may know how to reach her if you are interested. Come speak with me. (PM)
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

(takes a look at edricks ledger) hmm so it seems he did. I am suprised that he was willing to follow one law but not another.

I still need his writ though since if he is found guilty I will be needing to revoke it. His ledger also may be of merit since if he has been paying the taxes on ill gotten gains at other locations he has sold to they may need to be notified.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Daniel before talking to Jack*

Umm...this may have changed but last I knew Jakoric wasn't exactly fond of having mages in their House, but that was way back then.
Zen Zecharion
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Zen Zecharion »

as i recall, devri is the only house that refuses the acceptance of mages. but reguardless, this man is innocent of the charges you have raised against him, there is no need for any form of investigation because his innocence is obvious.
Last edited by Zen Zecharion on Thu May 28, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Yeah, never been a single mage in that house :roll: , at least not that I could prove in a setting such as this fine court of law, but then I don't know everything about the house of shadows.

If we cannot find the smiling head of said house, I believe our Thane was a former member... perhaps he knows if they allow mages?

After a few minutes Daniel shakes his head... "Wait what about Divin? I mean does it err he count as a mage or some sort of twist of nature gone wrong or right or simply gone? Not well acquainted with him, but he seems to be a mage, and I heard he was in Jakoric, but then both those could be false presumptions on my part."
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks a Zen*

As I stated a LONG time ago back when I just began mage hunting. Just remember before you can defend this man you need to become a member of the House first.
Zen Zecharion
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Zen Zecharion »

then direct me to the person that can induct me, for i will NOT let this man fall for a crime he has been falsely accused of.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Zen*

FYI, and listen to me VERY carefully, per the discussion Jack and I just had I'm going to Terragon to get a representative of House Jakoric if I cannot find Lady Wren per his request.

So, this guy will have a Jakoric representative present.

The magistrate knows what he is doing. DeVris would have placed him here to do his job if they didn't have confidence in him.

We clear?
Zen Zecharion
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Zen Zecharion »

*zen reguards to kymberlin, not backing down in the slightest*

no, i dont believe we are clear, he is the magestrate and he has not yet declaired such action to be taken, but i do see what your trying to do, and although you may be a mage hunter, that does not mean that you can push around anyone that happens to be a mage.

*zen locks eyes with kymberlin*
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

Jack steps between the mage, and the mage hunter.
"Zen obviously you are not fully informed of the facts, so let me do you favor spell this out to you. Jakorics presence will be requested. After all it is Jakorics duty to investigate crimes and present any evidence for or against the accused, to DeVre. Also, you might not know that it was the Head of House Jakoric, the same person that I will seek out as a matter of fact, that requested his arrest and for charges to be brought against him. I see now that you feel fit to question the words of not only a gentlewoman but the head of the House you so earnestly wish to be a part of."

Jack pulls a small book out of his pocket.
"Inside this you will find all of King Silverthorne's Laws as well as the dispensations granted to each of the Great Houses. I know these pages well Zen. I have spent a long time pouring over them, that I might better serve my King and his subjects. I know the rules by which my house is governed and let me assure you, I do not take my position lightly. Remember who you are speaking to Zen."

Jack surveys the room, raising his voice just enough to be heard by all.
I am a Magistrate of the glorious King Silverthorne, in who's kingdom all here now stand. His Law is supreme, his word is truth. I am honored everyday that I serve my liege as a member of House DeVre. And for no reason, would I ever bring dishonor to my house or King. Who here doubts my words?
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Baronial Magistrate and House Head of Ironguard
Commander of The Black Fleet,
Master of the Long Knives.