A group enters the inn...
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

A group enters the inn...

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

*a group of five men, carrying another in chains with his head bagged enters the inn. The five all have a very distinct insignia worked into their armor and/or clothing. The smaller more heavily armored man up front speaks.*

"We are looking for the local magistrate, Jack... has anyone seen him about?"
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Re: A group enters the inn...

Post by Lochlainn »

I couldn't say where Magistrate Jack may be, but I'm the Constable here. What seems to be going on? Where are you from? And what has this man done?
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Head of the Healer's and Charity's Guild of Midway
Player Ombudsman
Weapon Marshall
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

*again the smaller man up front speaks*

"This here is the mark we done got for Jack... what he's done isn't our business, just that the bounty gets paid. We would have no problem handin him over to ya mister constable, assumin we can get some documentation signed... and the bounty, he's your town's criminal after all."

"One of the lankier men in the group face palms, than looks to Lochlainn and speaks.*

"Don't mind Nikkets none... hims puffs up as much as he can in that armor to look tough. Boy we got here supposedly did some rough trade in potions... bout two moons past. But like Nikkets said, we will need to take care of proof of delivery and the fee... than we'll be happy to hand over ol' bag head."

*the shorter soldier eyes his partner but doesn't retort*
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

Jack never told me what the bounty was that he had placed. Let's take the bag off his head so I can see if this is the same person that was selling those potions.

*OOG: I was there when the fake potions were being sold and would recognize the seller*

If this is that person, then we can place him in a cell and you can wait here for Jack. He should have the bounty.

Are you men members of a mercenary group?

* Cautiously approaches the chained man to remove the bag. *
Player Ombudsman
Weapon Marshall
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

*The smaller man in heavy armor speaks*

"Such an arrangement can be met. We will require that he stay in the chains until we have everything in order."

*The lankier member moves to pull the bag off the prisoners head and speaks*
*When the bag comes off he is easily identified as the trickster potion maker.*

"Yea, we be mercenaries. The are The Band Sellaanth. All writted up and in fine order should you need check... our troupe leader *motions to the shorted member* Porggels should have all our documentation on him. *moves to shake Lochlainn's hand I'm Nemmins for what its worth. Nice to make your acquaintance. Now to toss this bugger in a cell. Phellins, stick with the mark just in case."

*A very average looking male steps up with Nemmins and the prisoner and moves towards the jail with a stern grip on the chains. The Entire time Porgg looks irritated but not angry with his men.*
Dorian
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dorian »

*Dorian Approaches*

"Lochlainn is any help needed here?"
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

*Opening a cell and locking it again once the prisoner is inside.*

*To Dorian:* I think everything is in hand, thank you. You wouldn't happen to know where Jack is, would you?

*Walks over to Porgg.*

Good to meet you. I'll just have a look at your papers to make sure everything is in order. Once the Magistrate is back we can see about getting you that bounty.
Player Ombudsman
Weapon Marshall
Dorian
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dorian »

*to Lochlainn*

I don't know where he is but I can go look for him.

*Dorian Exits the inn*
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Darthesis speaks from a corner of the room

Ah, just as it always goes when people understand the way of the world. Those things that need getting done get sent to a proper mercenary company and things just get done.

Well done Porggels. Jack understands the way the world works so you won't have any issues collecting your honest bounty.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick walks up to Nemmins & Porgg with a smile*

Let intruduce myself, my name is Edrick Stormbane, Cheif Enforcer of Mandilore in these parts. If you would like, you may pay your taxes on your bounty to me or to the Andrew Green who is head of Mandilore in these parts. We will gladely sign your ledger stating you have paid your taxes and it would be one less thing you need to worry about.

And good job and your catch.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Jack of Spades
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Jack of Spades »

Jack steps inside the tavern and approaches Porgg.

"I am Jack De'Vris, the Magistrate that placed the bounty on that man. May I see your writ?"

Porgg nods and pulls an armored tube from behind his back, unscrews the cap and removes a handfull of documents. Porgg hands them over to Jack and speaks,

"Everything should be in order, I do need your signature on the proof of delivery."

Jack signs the form and then produces a sealed letter and hands it to the mercenary.

"Take this voucher to a member of Mandalore and it will be exchanged for the bounty. Any problems and I will resolve them. Good work apprehending the criminal so quickly."
Commissar Jack Maxwell
Baronial Magistrate and House Head of Ironguard
Commander of The Black Fleet,
Master of the Long Knives.
Dorian
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dorian »

*Dorian rushes back in to the inn, out of breath*

"well... I... Couldn't find... jack ..... anywhere outside... Someome told me he.... went to... the castl...."

*Dorian trails off as he notices that Jack is already in the inn.*
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

*Porgg collect his papers and the voucher from jack*

"Good doing buisness with you sir. Should the need arise we will meet again. Now if the constable could open the cage to aloow Phellins to return to our company it would be greatly appreciated."

*assuming the door is open Phellins will exit the cell and rejoin his group and Porgg addresses his men again.*

"Alright Vivinesk get the shackles off him and lets get on the road. As for tax's... those are for the Bands scribes... and will be taken care of after the normal issues of actually being paid."
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

Green looks up from a series of papers he was working on by small oil lamp light from a table towards the back of the room.

(slightly puzzled look) pay note or voucher he mumbles to himself... shakes his head a bit, sighs and then looks back to his paper work.

looks back up towards porgg.

Porgg nice looking lot you have there if you have a few moments I have some questions for you that way if you need to venture back this way to collect on a job again it makes paper work a bit easier.

While we chat you and your boys are welcome to something to drink from the bar I'll buy the first round.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*yelling from somewhere unseen behind the bar*

"DONT FORGET.. FIRST ONES FREE!!"
*scuffling*

"Jees Divin! How in the world do you find anything down here?"