Just before dawn (Midnight Vistor cont.)
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Re: Just before dawn (Midnight Vistor cont.)

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn looks at Eld*

I believe Daniel, Llyshon, and I are it unless Chronixx comes through the door within the next few minutes. It's one of the reasons I asked Daniel if he knew when the boat would arrive.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Well we I said further advice from myself would be part of my hiring but I can say that I do not think the current location will be at all secure.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Llyshon raises an eyebrow and looks Eld over more carefully* "You are certainly humble for a high elf. I don't recall ever being asked about the finer points of human titles by an elf." *Llyshon chuckles and shoots Kimberlyn a meaningful glance, then looks back at Eld.* "I can see you haven't been spending time with Solari."

"There is no need to beg my pardon. Out here, we tend not to stand on formality. But as I said, goodman or goodwoman will suffice unless it is plain by the dress, or symbol that the person you are addressing is of higher station... and then gentleman, or gentlewoman would be appropriate."

*Rises from his seat and begins to order his papers into a neat pile* "As for those creatures being able to swim in lava... well, undead ARE immune to fire. I doubt that lava will be a sufficient barrier." *Llyshon finishes arranging his papers and picks them up, then turns toward the group* "I am ready whenever Mal Ka'Tai get here. But someone should pay Darthesis before we leave. He's right about the scrying, and I suspect that he will be needed." *He looks at Darthesis and queries* "Incidentally, how much do you want?"
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn gives a glace back to Llyshon and then waits for Darthesis to name his price.*
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

*chuckles*
Don't mistake my desire to know more with humbleness. Maintaining the appearance of respect is important regardless of whether it's true or not. I might believe my race superior, but I also wouldn't enter the king's court for the first time with "Greetings Silvey".

As for the lava, in theory, they'd still never get out as I doubt they could swim. However, probably not the perfect solution. Any good monsters in the ocean that would like them as a snack?
Eld - retired
Karn
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Darthesis steps up to Llyshon and whispers quickly in his ear.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn watches the conversation*

So......
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

Ah, new idea. If it's ok with all, I'll just crush these things into peas when they appear. Well, at least after some time that'll be true.

Knowing when and being able to control where an enemy appears really does give so many options...
Eld - retired
Karn
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick raises an eyebrow*

Secure? It all depends what you are securing it from and against. What is it that you want the tailsman secure from or against? For now it is hidden.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*After it is most assuredly some time past dawn, Kathryn strolls in*

Ok, so who's going with me to track down whatever is controlling this talisman, and who is going with Kimberlyn?

*Looks to Darthesis*

3 wald, wasn't it?
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn looks at Kathryn when she walks in.*

Llyshon and Daniel are going with myself, Chronixx, and possibly Rooks along with Klogg. After that, I'm not sure who all is in town. I know Vigfus mentioned something to me about going back to the barbarian lands for awhile so not sure if Aldren is going with him.

As for the rest in town? I think most are staying about. There might be a few going between here and Legacy, but as I stated don't know for sure Kathryn I've been a little preoccupied.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Out of the goodness of my heart and possible other intangibles I have decided to lower my price to 2 wald for my aid along this trip for the next week or so until we next gather. However, if you want a guarantee of success in tracking back to the originator of the necromantic energy used to power that thing, then the cost is 8 wald. So if you feel just a search is worth it, I'd advise the lower cost option. If you absolutely must have it now, then 8 wald will get you that guarantee.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

I'm always up for hunting necromancers. Eld, are you interested?
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

Actually, there is no necromantic energy powering the talisman. It's air magic. The necromancy is from an entirely different source. But all the same, it's the magic you'd want to track. I'd like to figure a way to track the other end of the air magic personally, which would lead to the same location as the necromancy but either way will do it.

As for hunting monsters, no, not today. I'm going to need all my strength for tonight.
Eld - retired
Karn
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Darthesis wrote:Out of the goodness of my heart and possible other intangibles I have decided to lower my price to 2 wald...
*Kathryn tries to keep a straight face, but a very small grin sneaks out*

Well, that's very kind of you.

*She turns to the high elf and the other*

I am not sure I've met the two of you properly, but thank you for your assistance so far. I'm Kathryn Skress, the Cavalier of these parts. And you are...?