Just before dawn (Midnight Vistor cont.)
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Re: Just before dawn (Midnight Vistor cont.)

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Again, good to meet you Eld, and it's just Daniel. Keeper Daniel if you insist upon a title, but no one really uses titles around here, unless they are instructed to and this whole mantel of responsibility is somewhat new to me.

Turns and smiles to the newest newcomer. Well met good man.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Turns to Daniel and puts his hand out*

Well meet sir. The name is Edrick Stormbane. A new addition to the town of Midway. Security is my game and willing to help the fine folks of this town.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Edrick and Eld, shouldn't be too hard to remember those two names.

"I suppose you could say books are my game, but I tend to keep very busy with all sorts of things," tips his glass to the bar keep and then looks to Kimberly and Llyshon.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn smirks*

Well if we aren't going by titles will you just call me Kimberlyn. Geesh Daniel you know better by now.
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

So, what is the plan with the tailsman?

I have been thinking and I believe with a powerful enough seer, we can determine the location of the casting of the spell that came through the tailsman. The main question is, how soon do you want to track this location down? One might get better results right after it is used again in about 18hrs.

I am willing to help, if you need it.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Eld and Eldrick*

Well, if somehow I might be the trigger I need to tell you both that I will not be here in 18hrs. I have a mission to complete that is of great importance. I should be returning in a week or so.

As for a seer, as I explained to Kathryn a few hours ago the only powerful seer I know of who is currently around in this area is the sylvani Eve.
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

My lady Kimberlyn, you are not the trigger. Just the victim of the this plot. It is unclear if they are targeting you or just wanted you to take the artifact into a secure location so there spell could do the most damage.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Eld and Eldrick*

You two sure about that statement. The talisman was in Terragon and from what I can gather the guards harmed whatever came out of these things. The creatures came out of where I had placed the talisman, in quarters I use from time to time for one in my profession should never have a totally set location where they rest their head. Not to mention, that's where I had left the talisman before I went off to check on a few things with the soldiers stationed there.

If the same thing happens tonight after I've left, then I'm wrong and you two are correct. So far these things have a set target. I have yet to see these things attack anyone else with the same force they have me.

*She pauses*

As I stated I'm hoping we can get a few leads on what sent these things. From my understanding of everything it's the master of the lich, some of the town's heroes I've fought along side with for years, rescued me from.

*Turns to Daniel*

Did Chronixx inform you what time they'd be arriving Daniel?
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

*Eld sighs*

As my friend here has put it, yes, you are quite assuredly not the trigger. The spell is set to occur every midnight. The things you refer to are not the same as what we have here. This thing is just a beacon. One end of a tunnel.
Eld - retired
Karn
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Sir Llyshon has been busily writing letters at the table of the inn. He pauses for a moment and looks up.* "I trust the Sylvani, Eve. I think if she and Kimberlyn work together, and perhaps with the help of Darthesis, the item can be scried upon and the location it gives scouted." *Llyshon sighs deeply* "I only wish I had more Knights at my disposal. All of the sword knights are currently involved in other missions."

*Llyshon glances over at the elf-mage*, "Oh, and Eld... be wary of who you call 'Sir'. Among humans that title is reserved for Knights, and as an address for superior military officers. 'Goodman' is a more accepted way of addressing someone whose title you are unsure of."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Llyshon let me know if my services are required, I am available at this time. I'm not sure against an adversary as we are expecting that scrying is the correct first step, as if the quarry is either skilled as a diviner or employs a skilled diviner, he would know he is being scried. I'd advise tracking back in a standard fashion from the person who gave this item to Kimberlyn, and then using scrying when necessary on the way upon questions not directly the source of this issue. I have much more advice to give, but any other would require my employment on this 'team'.

Sounds like whoever this 'team' is had better be able to handle the things 'born' of this item each midnight.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Darthesis and those assembled*

I agree with Darthesis. The first step is to talk to the Baron Magistrate Vincent Helm since he gave that item to me. From there I'd suggest doing a little tracking where people rescued me and using Eve's talents where needed from there.

I'm going to assume Eld and Eldrick have things under control until we return.
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

Unless these things can swim in lava, I wouldn't worry about them...

As for scrying, don't waste your time scrying for where the beasts come from. It's a dead end. They just are created at the talisman. You need to scry where the ritual is being cast from.

*To Llyshon*
My pardons, sir. I merely use Sir as term for someone of higher rank than myself, which in human society is, well, everyone. I can use Goodman in the future. Though noting Daniel was from the military and unsure unsure of his rank, which would be more correct when addressing someone of unknown status?
Eld - retired
Karn
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

*Smiling the way only a Guthrie can smile*

Of course Eld does. The problem is solved until you find out more info.

By the way, is there a local volcano or tar pit near by?
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

So is everyone here now or are we still waiting on someone? Not that I have anything better to do, but I don't want to be holding you up either.
Eld - retired
Karn