Staying for a while?
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Staying for a while?

Post by GM Evan »

*Looks a Yvette and smiles when asked about his location last gather*

"Well, you see I had a prior engagement with a prince of the plane of air. It seems he was indebted to the lords of the plane of Vaccuum and the plane of dust and in an attempt to crawl out of that debt had invited both of them, the lord of Radiance, the princess of lightning, and the master of darkness to attend a card game. The prince of air being a buddy of mine called in a few markers and requested that I not only sit in on, but also insisted that I conduct said card game. I tried to explain to him that I was needed in Midway, but he wouldnt take no for an answer and he didnt know anyone else who could handle the intricate mechanics of a well played game of Dragon Poker.

So you see as much as I wanted to be in attendance I was needed elsewhere for something of great importance. I will admit I missed all the wonderful ale and snacks of this place....Elemental lords often forget that us "lesser races" have needs and desires of a material and sustaining nature. You have no idea how hard it is to convince a group of individuals with no metabolism the importance of a "Guthrie room break" during an intense game of dragon poker!"

*The Guthrie then turns from Yvette, looks at Miles as he inquires about the wink and in an absolutely straight faced lie responsde to him*

"I didnt wink at you."

*He then stands up, smiles to Yvette again and begins walking towards the door*

"Speaking of Guthrie rooms, I believe I need to visit one shortly here. Few too many ales. Bob...I expect my mug will be full when I return!"
JLorenz988
Greenie
Greenie

Post by JLorenz988 »

"Why are you lying to me? I know you did..."
Josh Lorenz
aka Miles Pathstrider
Yevette
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Yevette »

*Yevette listening to Vaellars story her eyes WIDE at all the important lords of different elements this Guthrie is aquanted with. She blinks and nods her head.*

Hmmm I can see then why you were not here. I wonder who won the card game? It sounds like it was evenly matched...

*at the Guthrie's response Yevette smiles wide, her eyes shining at Miles reaction. As the Guthrie turns to leave.*

It is good to see you back...
Dorian
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dorian »

Dorian gets up

I'm going to go look for Vigvus.
NPC SoCo
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC SoCo »

Quickly fills up V's mug and then sets another one full beside the first. Seeing that once again the little one has destroyed the platter of snacks he dutifully refills that too.

Looking for the harry one are ya. Well I know he likes the woods a lot. Sometimes he sites out there for hours just howling at the moon. You should check there first.
"INVICTUS" by William Ernest Henly
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS

Player Ombudsman
JLorenz988
Greenie
Greenie

Post by JLorenz988 »

Looks to Yevette "What is going on??"
Josh Lorenz
aka Miles Pathstrider
Ash
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Ash »

I love to play with barbarian men I will help you find him Vigvus. He is one of my favorites....but then there is the Toben. He is warm like fire. Miles you want to come long to protect me.

*This is said as she scraches the back of his head in a very friendly maner before she goes with Doren out the door. In a cloud of black raven hair Eve strikes a pose in the doorway. Looking over her sholder she winks at Miles....just long enough to send him that come hither look.*
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Yevette
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Yevette »

Yevette shoots Eve alook that say watch your step.
JLorenz988
Greenie
Greenie

Post by JLorenz988 »

Quickly glares back at Eve and then looks to Yevette "Can you please tell me why I was winked at by the Guthrie!?"
Josh Lorenz
aka Miles Pathstrider
Yevette
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Yevette »

*Yevette takes a moment to think....looking at him with sympathy*

Miles, I honestly do not know why Guthries do anything that they do...why he winked at you? why he told you that he didn't wink at you?.... What I DO know, about this particular Guthrie, is that he loves good food and he is very good at what he does.

Now, if you want to know the answers to your questions friend, you will need to go to him and find them out, or maybe to someone like Lochlainn here who is more aquainted with him than I.

*She extends her hand towards Lochlainn*
...I have given you all I can.
JLorenz988
Greenie
Greenie

Post by JLorenz988 »

In Sylvani "Or bring him good food?"

At that, Miles walks out the door to catch up with Eve.
Josh Lorenz
aka Miles Pathstrider
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

*After several minutes Vaellar comes back into the Inn, seeing his mug refilled he smiles and takes a long pull from it. He then reaches for a few snacks off the plate and sits down next to Yvette*

"Why, I think it should be fairly obvious who won the game. So lets see if you are up to the challenge. Tell us Yvette, who won the Dragon Poker game?"

*The Guthrie nibbles on a cookie as he watches Yvette as if gauging her very thoughts while he awaits the answer*
Yevette
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Yevette »

*Yevette smiles at Vaellar...then begins to work things out in her head...*

Hmmm... the Lords of Vacume and Dust didn't win....they don't think that they would be good at Dragon Poker, The Lord of Vacume?? I mean how can he concentrate of the cards with no air about him & dust...how could he even see what he has in his hand. Now I don't know much about the Lord of Radiance sounds like a shiny guy, and the princess of lighting I imagine is electrifingly shiny sometimes...Master of Darkness...Hmmm...

*She then looks at the Guthrie and smiles....*

Of course I KNOW who won..... your buddy...the Prince of the Plane of Air....
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

*Smiles happily at Yvette*

"Well done! Next time I shall try and make things more challenging for you, have to start out with the easy ones. "
Yevette
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Yevette »

*Yevette smiles at Vaellar obviously happy with herself*

I do enjoy riddles little one.... I have one for you...Hmmm let me remember how it goes.....

Alive without breath
Cold as death

Never thirsty
Ever drinking

All in Mail
Never clinking

What am I?

OOG: no fair googleing it!!