A Midnight Visitor
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

dier_cire
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by dier_cire »

hmm... nothing off hand, though it's familar. I'd guess it'd be simple enough to uncover but not for this group of beasts. Timing and the exact location they teleported to would be key in any case.

I can see what I can do though. Where did they appear at?

*after a few moments Eld gets a puzzled look on his face, then shrugs*

hmm, that's odd.
Eld - retired
Karn
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn looks at Lochlainn*

I appreciate the suggestion, but I cannot even begin to think about keeping this thing there.

*Looks at the mage and hands him the item*

Here it is if you want to take a look at it. I'd suggest taking to Vanaphaux and have them either examine or destroy it. Maybe Rooks might know what to do with this thing as well and you never know with Rooks perhaps he is looking into a reverse trace teleport spell.

I have another idea, but I doubt anyone would like it. Kathryn, I'd also suggest after this thing is examined for you to talk to the Baron Magistrate Vincent Helm for it gave the thing to me.
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

Well, I doubt Rooks will have more luck than myself considering there is no indication these beasts were teleported here from somewhere else. They were created.
Eld - retired
Karn
Zen Zecharion
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Zen Zecharion »

*zen stares at the item, a bit nervious in his gaze, turning to eld whom he has been following, carrying only his staff in one hand and a pinch of mystical energy in the other, having prepared a spell and not yet having used it*

(to eld) hmmm, perhaps we should keep this out of the mages tower for now, its not exactly far away from innocents and id think it rather dangerous if the lich popped up inside the tower wielding mental control spells or things of that nature. if were looking for some kind of storage for items of this nature, perhaps we should gather our friends and invest in the construction of some kind of vault.

(to kimberlyn and lochlainn) how would you feel about that?
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

Or I could go dump it in the ocean. I don't really have use for something that randomly creates undead beasts. Of course, there's some political intrigue for some, which will likely lead to this thing being important somehow.

I have no means of securing such a device. Though I'm sure Darthesis or Edrick might know of something.
Eld - retired
Karn
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn looks at Zen*

I would not ask for it to be stored in the local tower. I was thinking bigger in case two parties researching said object were needed.

Mind you all this is based on a hunch. I haven't looked into it, but I find it really odd that wherever this thing is those assassins soon follow that evening.

*Looks at the elven mage*

Maybe both of us looking at this might be able to crack it as well. I just mentioned Rooks because well I was thinking in terms of a team effort. If I offended you then I apologize.

I'm sure Darthesis will know how to contain this thing for the right price. I even bet he has insight into what's going on or where said litch master might be for the right price.

As for Eldrich, I unfortunately don't know him well enough to know if he knew where to store this thing or how much it would cost.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn nods to Sir Llyshon when he mentions the lich*

I agree. If we go now, in the daylight, perhaps we can catch him weakened. I can show you where we found Kimberlyn and the others. Some minor monsters may have moved into the cave since we cleared it out, but I don't think there's been enough time for many, and it has been cold so not many were on the move anyway. We should be able to get back to the tunnel leading deeper without too much trouble.

*To Kimberlyn*
To Toevass or the Mages at Vanaphaux, it is your call. I do not know Baron Magistrate Vincent Helm, but I intend to meet him soon. For now, lets focus on the problem at hand.

*Glances at General Fuller behind bars and then back to Llyshon*
You don't think he's involved in this, do you?
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

No offense taken nor did I think you meant any. I just was saying that to trace a teleport back you'd need to be in the area fairly quickly to trace it as the residual magic wouldn't last long. And the fact that there was no teleport used, thus making a trace impossible anyway.

I'll be happy to assist in any necessary magics or to go find Rooks if we need something a big more... advanced.
Eld - retired
Karn
Yevette
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Yevette »

*Yevette had been seen helping injured Silverthorn soldiers outside from when they had first arrived....she, Eve & Lynn wander in a little lost...*

Is everyone here okay?
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I do have places I could secure such an item for the right price, but I'm guessing they won't send anyone for it. Once they realize it has been 'found out' they'll forget about it and move on. Right now as people have said it's just a dangerous creature generator until they realize it's been 'found out'.

However, using it to track back to the originator/creator is something that would be very useful, it would need to happen quickly though. I can simply 'do this' give enough time but I have other requirements for my time over the next moon or so that I must focus some of my resources on so the price would be exceedingly high. I can help for a much lower price but someone else would need to lead up the investigation.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Taban

Post by Taban »

*OOG: I want to go thru with my plan and Grab the soldier ask him where did they go If I can*
"As you walk down the road of life Hitchhike it is faster".
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Stares impassively for a moment at Fuller as he rants from his jail-cell, then turns his head to Kathryn without acknowledging the man*, "He is not implicated. I did not know Kimberlyn was in the keep. While I didn't think Fuller was involved, the possibility that the attack was a diversion crossed my mind, and I wanted to safeguard him just in case. Who knows what some of his more fanatical, racist followers might pull in order to set him free?"

"As for the Litch, I was there helping when we freed Kimberlyn. I remember the place well. Well enough to teleport us there, if need be."

*Llyshon looks over to Kimberlyn. "We may suspect that talisman is the culprit, but do we know this for sure? I would counsel against destroying it without first understanding how it works and what it does. Although I agree that it is best not to keep it where others may be hurt by it. We should remove it to someplace safe and identify it fully, by magical means, and perhaps alchemical if magical means do not suffice." *He chuckles and places a hand on Kimberlyn's shoulder*, "You've caused quite a stir tonight. The way the soldiers were yelling and running about, yelling for magic weapons, I thought powerful undead had infiltrated the keep. I'm sure the Baron won't be happy about being woken up for a minor incursion."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

*Looks to Darthesis* "And what would be required for such a trace? Would we need a soothsayer? I know of no one who possesses that skill in the mastery required to glean such information, except perhaps Kimberlyn."
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

The question would be what tracing would be required. The simplest answer is to start with the person who gave the talisman to Kimberlyn. It would take a seer of some skill to determine how quickly down that trail one might go with soothsaying skills alone and how much would require finding people.

If you need a powerful seer, they are available for a price, with myself included as one of them.

*** Darthesis bows

As I said, the price is above what I think anyone is able and willing to pay for my full undivided attention for at least one moon, perhaps in a moon or two my other commitments will be complete. However some of my skills and time are available to work with a group who might start to track this thing back to it's originator.

I will say one thing though, at this time I'm not willing to touch it.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

Winter could look into it, if she felt like it or was around to do it. She's been extremely restless lately. Well, restless for an elf I should say.
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle