A Midnight Visitor
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Solari teleports himself and the seven touching him to the courtyard of Tarragon Keep. Darthesis arrives an instant later. There dozens of soldiers run to and fro, shouting alarm and direction. Bells ring in every tower. But most of the activity is at the entrances to the western wall. A score of men stand nerviously outside, struggling to peer over one another to see what's happening inside. Some see and recognize the new arrivals, and shout for their compatriots to stand aside.

In moments the adventurers are passed the guards and inside the western wall. Down the hall stand a fiery Sir Llyshon and Captain Greggor, facing off against four tall figures cloaked in shadow. Nefarious purple blades slam again fire and magically charged steel weapons. Greggor lets out a echoing bellow, driving the defenses of his immediate foe aside and slashing his broadsword through its form. Where it once stood only vanishing swirls of black smoke remain.

Llyshon attempts to crush a Reaper with slamming force, but the method proves ineffective against the ethereal foe. He changes tactics, pressing his fire sword into slaying strikes, which results in telling damage.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Edrick draws out a sword and rushes towards the battle. The sword bursts into magical light as he runs. A grim and determined look can be seen on his face*

(OOG - The sword swings for magic damage if I can get to the battle)
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*Aroura came into the Inn late enough to miss Solari but talks to the soilder if he did not disappear*

What's going on? (to the soilder)

(if answered she will go through the portal)
Gone and Yet not gone
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

*** Those that saw Darthesis appear in the keep see him step into
*** the shadows just as quickly.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Lochlainn
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lochlainn »

*Switching the hammer in his hand for the one tucked in his belt, Lochlainn walks toward the fight, scanning around him for signs of other monsters.*

OOG: The current hammer swings destroy undead damage. If that has no affect, I'll back away and tend to the wounded.

*To Llyshon and Greggor:* Is this the only point of attack?
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Head of the Healer's and Charity's Guild of Midway
Player Ombudsman
Weapon Marshall
Ash
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Ash »

Eve only says "its time to play" as her face is angled down but looking up. with swords in hand pointed down as well she waits to see the enmy.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Evaline Pathstrider

Post by Evaline Pathstrider »

Evalynne looks to her sister and smiles unsheathing her bastard sword from the holsters on her back. "Yes little sister, it is time to play. Just make sure you can keep up." Evalynn then looks to her enemys and begins to advance, batstard sword drawn and in hand.

OOG: I think my sword has a base of four edge, am i right or wrong?
Ash
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Ash »

( would use edge, silver, or slay, or destroy undead…if none of that seemed to work I would just defend the healers.)

Saying something in sylvoni eve runs past her sister and starts counting when she kills and enemy. Then at a point in time gives a sharp look to Liynne. under her breath she says who can keep up..little sister.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Evaline Pathstrider

Evalynne looks to her sister and scoffs some. "Oh little sister you should see how its done" Lynne runs past Eve then and begins to attack the enemies. She copied the same style that Eve had used, in which she counted the number of sleign foes. Once Lynne had gotten to a sufficient amount higher then that of which Eves had been she turned to her sister and smirked winking and blowing a kiss. Soon after yelling "What you say little sister, sulking doesn't suit that pretty face of yours"
Solari Son of the Mother

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

Solari begins casting the moment they arrive and walks down the hall, walking slowly enough to maintain his focus. As the dark figures come into view he begins to glow with a faint green light and wisps of green smoke begin leaking skyward from his eyes. His eyes glaze over in the same faint green light as the smoke coming from his eyes begins to coalesce in his hands and he begins hurling head sized green balls of energy at the dark figures.

(24 destroy undead for combat, 4th tier spell)
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Ash
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Ash »

Blade dance, with a flowing of blades and grace Eve dogging every swing coming at her. She makes her way to her sister then smiles and smacks her on the butt. Facing away from her now Eve stands back to back with Lynne to face the enemy.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

Cudar joins Llyshon in the line, batting aside shots to the knight's sword arm but passing up counterattacks.
"I don't think I'll be able to harm them, sir. Go all out with your attacks, I'll keep the guard up."
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Evaline Pathstrider

Evalynne smiles and bumps her sisters bum with her own. " Its nice to be back Big sister, are you ready to show them what us Sylvani girls are made of?"
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Magic, slay, and Destroy Undead all seem to work just fine on the Reapers. In moments, all are vanquished and gone, leaving nothing behind. The only sign they were here at all are the dents on Greggor’s armor and a shattered door a little further down the hall, its pieces blasted out into the corridor.

“That’s Darksbane’s chamber!” Greggor growls.

Back at the Inn, the soldier responds to Aurora.

“Undead were spotted in the Keep’s West wall. Apparently normal weapons didn’t affect them. Sir Llyshon sent me here to get help.”
Last edited by X-GM Fesko on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

*Eld, having been only half awake when the whole instance transpired, finally hauls his butt out of bed and teleports himself and any others that missed Solari to the scene*

Everyone, come here for a second before you rush off.
Eld - retired
Karn