Dwarf Seeks Knowledgeable Gnome
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Raconlok
Pinky
Pinky

Dwarf Seeks Knowledgeable Gnome

Post by Raconlok »

Raconlok stumps into the tavern with an arm full of books. His garments are smudged with dust, and his fingers splotched with ink. Setting the books down with a thump, he retrieves a mug of small beer and peers about, seeking Ziggy. "Has anyone seen our resident ritualist?" he says, to no one in particular.
celegar
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Re: Dwarf Seeks Knowledgeable Gnome

Post by celegar »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees? *continues marathon drinking at his lab*
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Raconlok
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Raconlok »

Ah! Just the gnome I was looking for. I have questions on what is possible with Ritual Magic; I have seen you perform it before, and understand you are the foremost expert in these parts?
celegar

Post by celegar »

welllllllllll, your gonna have to narrow that request down to something more specific. ritualism is the changing of the fundamental realities of this world, and it has to be handled very VERY delicately or there might be some...........interesting side effects.

its practice is not something i take lightly, and neither should you or anyone else. a single misutterance, one mistook step, and hundreds could die, crops ruined, forests burn to the ground, cities wiped from the map. it is not like casting a spell or swinging a sword, whos effects are nearly instantaneous and end just as quickly. its possibilities are functionally limitless because they are not constrained by simple cause/effect fundamentals.
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Raconlok
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Raconlok »

Raconlok's eyes go wide. "This is just what I was hoping to hear! Please, let me buy you a drink, I would discuss this with you further." And he pulls back a chair and sits. Then realizing he offered a drink, he pops up to head to the bar. (Continue in PMs if that's ok).