Notice to Mages and Spell Casters
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Gekek
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Notice to Mages and Spell Casters

Post by Gekek »

Gek walks into the inn and moves to the job board. Pulling a piece of paper out he shouts "Listen up, this is important for all spell casters in town so I'm going to read this off for those here and then leave it on the board. If you have any questions I'll be waiting around too." He then reads the following notice.

"Mages and Spell Casters of Midway,

During my research into the legality or illegality of Necromancy within the Kingdom of Silverthorne, I discovered how the law regarding practicing mages has not been interpreted correctly by our town. I contacted Germain Unseal, a 6th Tome of Toevass, to look into the law more and discovered how it is truly works. "Per the King's Law, no one shall practice the Art of Magic without being a member of the appropriate organization." The only organizations that are appropriate are House Toevass and the Mage's Guild. While this means that all mages MUST register with the Mage's Guild, if they choose to NOT cast within the Kingdom, that is all that they need to do. However, in order for a mage to legally cast within the Kingdom, they must be part of House Toevass or the Mage's Guild. I highly recommend that all practicing mages quickly seek out the Heads or Seconds of one of these organizations and join, if they are not already part of one of them.

I have also received notice from House Devris stating that anyone who is able to read magic should register with the Mage's Guild as non-casters capable of reading magic."

Once done Gek will post the paper on the board and move over to get a drink if there are no immediate questions.
Gekek Farwalker,
Lion Tribe Warrior, First Warden of Lion's Pride Peak
Scout, Member of The Keepers
Head of House Toevass in the Campbell Thanedom, Keeper of the Fifth Tome
Slayer of Vath, Guardian of Phantara

Mike, Assistant GM, Logistics team Player Marshal, Magic Marshal, and Rules Team
Raconlok
Pinky
Pinky

Re: Notice to Mages and Spell Casters

Post by Raconlok »

Raconlok looks up from his wand-whittling at Gek's words about mages. After Gek has read it off, Raconlok approaches the board and reads it again for himself. Then he approaches Gek and says, "Pardon me. Already a Mages Guild member in good standing. But I would know more of Toevass - Raymone (sp?) mentioned them as a House of knowledge and destruction. Apparently they are also a house of mages? I am interested in all establishments of knowledge and learning to be found in this land; it seems rather less centralized than with our Lorekeepers."
Gekek

Post by Gekek »

*Sigh* Toevass is the House of Knowledge in the Kingdom. We have a reputation as the House of Mass Destruction, mostly due to some of the members from this town years ago. It is a reputation we have done nothing to deserve for over four years now. Toevass maintains the records for the kingdom, chronicles events and seeks out lost knowledge. At least that is what the house is supposed to do. We are also the only organization, other than the Mages Guild, in the kingdom where mages can practice magic. We can talk more about the house later if you want." Pauses in thought. "As for being a member of the Mages Guild in good standing... As far as I am aware you aren't in the guild. You may want to talk to the Archon or his second and make sure of that, because either they didn't tell the two members who attended the gather that you were a member or whichever one they did tell didn't tell me. And I talked to Sciencee who was the one recording changes as far as I know. Speaking of which...."
Gekek Farwalker,

Mike, Assistant GM, Logistics team Player Marshal, Magic Marshal, and Rules Team
Raconlok
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Raconlok »

Raconlok's face darkens. I do not lie. It was Wrexton I spoke with, the eve of my arrival in town. He asked whether I wished only to register, or to become a member. I inquired as to the benefits and responsibilities of membership; finding them agreeable, I said that I would join. I was not made aware of any need to sign, or inform anyone else. I would not make false claims such as these! Glancing over the list of guild registrations. There are several other new arrivals that also appear absent from either the registrants or members list. Goorr, a fellow Lorecrafter, and High Elven brothers whose names escape me at the moment; they must have at least registered. I spoke with Wrexton upon their advice! Raconlok sits back down with his materials and returns to vigorous carving, muttering.
Gekek

Post by Gekek »

Gek sits down with Raconlok to continue the conversation.
Gekek Farwalker,