Meeting of the Minds
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

midwinterdreams
Drinking Contest Contender

Meeting of the Minds

Post by midwinterdreams »

*Raedir posts some notes in the inn and in a few areas around midway.*

Dear Friends,

In three days I wish to gather and speak on the happens of late. Some things we have solved, some things left open, as well as some possibly unknown. I seek anyone who wishes to bring up problems or add to the knowledge of the problems we have. We have to come together if we wish to get ahead of our enemies. These individuals seem to be always a step ahead and more advanced in skills than us. Let us come together to show them what the Heroes of Midway can do when we work together.

Thank you,

Raedir

*writes under the Gnomes note*

A good point, here in the inn.

OOG: Sunday (July 3rd) I will continue this so get together anything you'd like to add.
Last edited by midwinterdreams on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raedir Haedren aka "Treeman"
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
Timin
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Re: Meeting of the Minds

Post by Timin »

midwinterdreams wrote:OOG: Sunday (June 3rd) I will continue this so get together anything you'd like to add.
OOG: Leave it to the gnome to have to point out that Sunday is JULY 3rd. :P

*Timin scribbles down a small note on a separate piece of paper and tacks it up beside Raedir's note in the Inn*

-Raedir,

It might help to note WHERE you want to meet everyone in the coming meeting. Between moons everyone seems to scatter to complete their own tasks and just stop in when they get a couple moments.

Regards,
Timin Mechaspark
--------------------------------------------------
Timin the Gnome!!!
Lieutenant of Gnomercy
"You either die being a true gnome ... or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Hawke wrote:CP is just a matter of time, and a way of metering power, because Timin can't be trusted not to go Super Saiyan on us when he's bored without it.
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Meeting "party" in the woods a/k/a Raedir's?
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
midwinterdreams

Two days later Raedir comes walking into the Inn and takes a look around.

"Evening anyone interested in talking about the issues or problems of the town, please gather with me and we can begin to discuss them."

He will head over to a corner of the inn and sit down, pulling his large tome out. He waits for people to gather before starting.

"Many things have been happening lately. Some we've dealt with, while some have been stirring in the background for some time. A couple of these are the Black Keep in the Void and the Pyromancer in the Chaos Mountains. There is also the repercussions of some recent events like the disease from the dream, until it is all cured it can still spread by anyone infected."

He pauses a moment flipping to a page in his book before continuing.

"The Black Keep was moved into the void by some incredible magic, turning all soldiers inside into undead as well. This is how all our towns were attacked so quickly two moons ago. Because they are in the void they are able to move into Phantara quickly and anywhere they wish. The problem with attacking them is without Planner Asylum you will be drained continuously while you are there. Any sort of attack would be difficult, a disenchant and you would die, no way to leave."

He flips to another page and continues.

"Pyromancer seems to be using or allied with red drakes, recently we saw orcs and barbarians also working with red drakes. I do not know if they are truly connected or working together but the number of beings working with drakes seems a bit strange. I believe I have spoke enough for now, I would love to hear what you all think as well."
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
Anya

Post by Anya »

Anya takes a seat, "Question on the Black Keep. Did we ever find out HOW it was moved there? Logically speaking, the best way to "defeat" it would be to find out how it was moved and see if we could reverse that so they would be pulled back to Phantara and easier to attack. I don't relish the idea of a battle in the Void with it sucking my life out every second we stand there." She frowns, "I would have to check my older notes, but I vaguely remember someone telling me that the Black Keep was actually built overnight by the Red Tear and that it was actually an Artifact of some sort, or a living being."
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Timin
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Timin »

*Timin looks up from the latest Gizmo he's working with* "If it can't be reversed, what about attacking it with something that you can't really drain the life from? I'm still kind of new at this tinkering thing and going to be talking to an expert hopefully soon, but a remotely controlled golem has no life to worry about draining in the Void. Maybe even keep a portal open and a supply of spare parts so that they can return for repairs and armor mending between waves. Just a thought, it'll take some research and preparations but I don't think the Black Keep is totally out of reach."
--------------------------------------------------
Timin the Gnome!!!
Lieutenant of Gnomercy
"You either die being a true gnome ... or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Hawke wrote:CP is just a matter of time, and a way of metering power, because Timin can't be trusted not to go Super Saiyan on us when he's bored without it.
midwinterdreams

Raedir looks to Anya, "Yes I believe you are correct, it would be best to find a way to pull it back to Phantara. It seems when we first found out about the Black Keep it was looked into. I don't remember all the details, but it seems like a ritual of some sort was or is being used to move things to the void. I would guess a similar ritual could be used to move the keep, if it is an artifact perhaps it has some innate ability with help."

He turns to Timin, "Not a bad idea, I assume they are keeping and supplying the keep and void with undead minions because they aren't affected by the drain. So anything that can also fight with immunity to it would be great. It would take a lot of powerful golems to fight that many undead though."
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

There is also the Dark Dwarves and their weapons, that they created from killing the Fae.
They used Blood Smithing, so the weapons will Corrupt their wielder.

I am also not certain that the weapons are intended to be Dwarf Reaving. At first I was only thinking worst case for my people. But if they only wanted to kill my people, they could kidnap some of us to make Dwarf Reaving weapons. Instead, they waited years, so they could get Fae Blood instead. That makes me think that these weapons are far more universally dangerous than simply Dwarf Reaving. These weapons may slay, drain, taint, or even Race Reave whatever Race they are used against.

We have lost the element of surprise, and the Blood Smithed weapons have been scattered across Phantara to at least 6 other locations. As far away as Cyclops Lands on the East side of the Dwarven Homeland, all the way to the Sea of Dust in the West, and the Great Plateau in the North. Even if we can't wipe out the Dark Dwarves, we need to cut down their supply of Blood Smiths, and Blood Smithed weapons.