Posted note: On the Existence of Paths
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Faerykin
Member of the Mage's Guild

Re: Posted note: On the Existence of Paths

Post by Faerykin »

Whisper places a note next to Raedir's Book:

Keep in mind that much of this information was gathered from townsmembers who went through the Portal to retrieve part of the key to open the Valken'Vi Door in the Pit of Gash'Traw (or Gash'Trew). It is speculated that the abilities townsmembers were able to utilize were a toned-down version of the actual abilities one would unlock if they were on the Path. That said, here are a few pieces and clarifications that I notice are not included in Raedir's Book:

Arcmage
- Arcane Weapon Damage

Berserker
- Crush with Two-Hander / Great Weapon (the individual was using an Axe)
- Dispel Effect (Raedir listed 'negate effect')

Chaos Mage
- Range Chaos Damage
- Copy another's Skill
- Charm Chaos Creature

Escalapian
- Remove any Effect

Essence Seeker
- Essence Weapon Damage
- Resist or Absorb Necromancy, Drain, Taint, Steal (Raedir did not list 'resist' and did not include 'taint or steal' - my notes did not include 'corruption')
- Crafters

Exotic Smith
- Refit Non-Physical Armor

Mage Hunter (Raedir listed as 'Witch Hunter')
- Steal Mana (Raedir listed as 'steal power on hit')
- Magic Dead (Raedir listed as 'immune to magic')

Physician
- Infinite 30-second Complete Heal
- 30-second Complete Heal on 2 targets
- Adrenaline Boost - bonus to damage for 1 minute

Shaman
- Range Spirit Damage
- Haunt (similar to Taint)
- Raise Dead

Shield Guardian
- Shield Blocks Everything - no effect from Spells, Crush, etc ...

Void Champion / Knight
- Irresistible Disenchant (Raedir lists 'remove barrier even when caster is still inside' as a separate ability, my notes indicate that this is part of the irresistible disenchant ability - can disenchant a protection circle with the mage still in it)
- Destroy Form: Elemental
- Absorb Elemental damage and utilize it to Repair Armor or Buff

Wayfarer
- Grant Freedom / Free Movement (Raedir lists 'immune to movement impairing')
- Disenchant Barrier / Irresistible Remove Barrier (not certain if this is the same as the Void Champion / Knight's Irresistible Disenchant)
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

You may want to recheck on the pre-reqs for shield guardian. The world shifted since those were added, and the ability to parry spells didn't require the ability to resist magic directly at the time.
Clonk
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by Clonk »

Overhearing the notes, Clonk's ears adds (should anyone be listening)

"Shaman can raise dead? I am curious if that is different from a healer's way of returning spirit to those recent fallen."
Clonk
Town Guard
Black Hand Tribe
Second of Charities & Healers Guild in Midway
Wrexton
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Wrexton »

Wrexton approaches the board and adds a note of his own.

Undead Hunter

Requires skill in a weapon.
Must be able to Resist Fear, possibly at a master level.
Must have knowledge of urban or wilderness environments. Found nothing that says you cannot possess both, but only one is necessary.

Please see myself, Wrexton, or Clonk, Blackhand Shaman, for more information.
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member
Charities and Healers Guild - Member
Scribes and Booksellers Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Reaver
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Reaver »

Does anyone have more information on Shield Guardian? It has always been my desire to protect the people of midway and this seems like a good fit for me.
Briston
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Briston »

Talk to Grimr - he introduced me to a local retired soldier who knows some of the shield guardian ways. And my understanding is that they now require the following (this might not be 100% accurate, but should be close):

Master shield defense
Master parry
Expert endurance
Expert taunt
Briston Lorecrafter
Bassi
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Bassi »

Bassi looks around than stands up on the table so everyone can see and hear him....
"OKAY FOLKS care to give us some real idea as to what the Shield Guardian can really do? I mean look at poor little Almer over here (Points with both hands at Almer with his nice shinny shield and everything else.) Care to inform this one on what this Shield Guardian can do or where to go to try and talk to someone about it. Since the house of M.D. has not panned anything out on this topic. (Bassi rub's his beard and smiles...) Kind of funny that the house of the people seems to know more about where and what is going on than the house that has the job to know this kind of stuff... But I digress here.
Also are there any true blade master paths out there? An I am not talking about I pick up only a long blade.. but one that can use any blade better than a normal warrior? Or path that help those of us that are really good with by passing armor with a blade. I have noticed a lot of I get a big weapon an I can crush a normal warrior or I am a raging fiend... Hold on What can Berserker do? And can they use one handed blades to do it or any weapon they know how to use?"
Bassi Forni of the Helm-Splitter Clan
midwinterdreams

Post by midwinterdreams »

Raedir steps out of the kitchen and points to the Bar, "There are two books there where you can learn at least what is generally known about paths. There are a lot missing of course, these are what we have learned about. Shield guardian is in there, and perhaps speak with Grimir, the loud barbarian that travels with the sweet Charlotte."
Raedir Haedren aka "Treeman"
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
Braig

Post by Braig »

Braig now a berserker we can crush with two hander, we can't crush with one hand but can still hit harder with them
Braig Berserker of Black Hand
Member of Town Guard
Adventurer of Midway

Myxlpiliwik Orlais Struss
Master Of Fire
Travis McLaughlin

Post by Travis McLaughlin »

Added to the board:

I’d love to talk to folks who know more about the Fair Folk. Both in terms of paths and otherwise.

-Kit
Raconlok
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Raconlok »

The foremost person you'd be wanting to speak with is Wrexton, our Mage's Guild Archon. I'm afraid he didn't make it into the tavern this moon, but I expect he'd be back for the next. Not sure about Paths, but he is Lady Spring's champion. I believe there are at least a few Fae-Blooded folk about town, but I'll let them disclose themselves.
Anya

Post by Anya »

Anya pokes her head out of the kitchen, "I can tell you a generalized feeling towards their skill sets and what you will likely be able to do if you are honored enough to be placed among them." She steps out with a cup of hot cocoa and moves to one of the table, "They are one of my areas of study."
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Travis McLaughlin

Post by Travis McLaughlin »

Kit nods to Anya and pulls up a chair, “Not just that so much as I want to understand my heritage. I’ve heard a story or ten but they’re just that, and I know next to nothing of them other to be careful with your deals and don’t speak of them lightly, specially by name. I know there’s light and dark, and apparently green? That’s news to me. But are they creatures of magic or creatures of nature? Beings of pure dream? Do they hail from this world or another? Does iron’s touch burn them so, does the stench of garlic drive them off? What about types? Do the Dullahan stalk the world seeking the heads of the unweary or is that nothing more than a story told to frighten children? What of pixies, and brownies, and quicklings, and jaggers? You see what I mean?”
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

Whisper looks up from behind the Bar, with a smirk. "They go by many names, depending on where on Phantara you call home. Their Realms are separate from Phantara; much like the Elemental Planes, and the Planes of Shadow, Wyld, Dream, Void, Order, and Chaos. They each intersect in different areas. It is all quite fascinating." She stands on her tip-toes and peers over the Bar, looking for something on the other side. "Raedir has several books somewhere around here. He actually drew a Planar Map."

She seats herself back on her stool. "Insofar as their classifications and behaviours go; there are actually four that we know of: Light, Dark, Green, and ..." she wrinkles her nose, "... another. I'm uncertain if we've discovered that classification; or if it has been discovered, that it is common knowledge. I recall something about their abilities being associated with which Plane ties them to Phantara; Shadow, Wyld, Dream or Void. Again, Raedir has it drawn somewhere. I believe they all possess Creation Magic; at least to some degree or another."

She smirks again, "It is also said that, along with the Andar and the Andar'Vi, the Fey contributed to the multitude of sentient Races upon Phantara ... at least those Races that originated here."
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar