Tax Laws
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Tax Laws

Post by GM Evan »

*A messenger comes into the Tavern and posts the following notice*

By order of the Duke, the following tax laws are hereby amended to the system, effective May 1st of 2014. Any questions should be directed to your local House Mandilor or House Devris representatives.

Rule 1: Anyone, regardless of race, who is a member of a legal guild or house of Silverthorn is granted the full protections of a citizen within the Kingdom of Silverthorn.

Rule 2: Anyone who is a member of a legal guild or house of Silverthorne has the right to sell legal items relating to the house or guild they are a member of without need to maintain a ledger, pay taxes on that sale, or obtain a writ from House Mandilor.

Rule 3: House Toevass is responsible for establishing and maintaining a record of the membership of each house and guild in a town. If a member of House Toevass is not present, then the responsability falls to the scribes guild, followed by the constable.

Rule 4: The guilds and houses of Midway are responsible for providing 1 bar per month in "Tax" money to house Mandilor. This amount may change at the discretion of the ranking noble. House Mandilor may levy the taxes between the Houses and Guilds how they see fit, but must always take on at least 10% of the total taxes for the town. The Charities and Healers guild is exempt from this levy. A suggested break down follows. Each house - 1 wald. The mages guild - 1 wald. Each Guild - 5 verlan. If House Mandilor fails to collect the fully levy from town, the difference falls to them to pay. Any taxes collected in excess of the declared amount may be paid in advance towards future taxes. The division of tax money after it is collected remains unchanged.

Rule 5: The head of each house and each guild will be granted certain privilages as befit their station. (2/4/8 free dots of influence at check-in). An individual may only collect this advantage once, regardless of how many guilds or houses they head up.

Rule 6: Anyone who is not a member of a guild or house who is selling merchandise within the area must keep a ledger and pay a 1/3rd sales tax to house Mandilor. Alternatively, they may hire the services of a member of House Mandilor to handle the transaction for them at a rate determined by the member of House Mandilor. Failure to do so is punishable as tax evasion.

Rule 7: The members of the town council will no longer receive monetary payment for holding meetings. It is hereby declared the responsibility of those individuals as the heads of the four houses and the chosen representative's of the town to conduct these meetings at least once each quarter year and send a report to the ranking noble of the area. Failure to do so will result in the doubling of taxes each month until a meeting is held. Each House head may register a second with House Toevass and if the local head, or a higher ranking member, is not available the second may sit on the council for the purposes of having a quorum.

Baron Von'Droven
Lord of Tarragon
Edrial
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Re: Tax Laws

Post by Edrial »

*Edrial reads the note and nods approvingly*
I guess that makes me head of house Mandilor then.

*Edrial pulls out quill and paper and scribes a note and posts it up under the new tax laws, reading it aloud after posting it*
I, Edrial, have been promoted to Head of house Mandilor for Midway. I am asking to meet with all Heads of Houses and Guilds or another representative within the Midway area as soon as possible during the May gather. I would like all of us as representatives of the town to determine how to split the taxes to best fit our towns economy without undue stress on anyone involved. I can be reached during most of the moon at Tarragon Keep. Please send word as to whether you will be able to attend or who your appointed representative will be.
Edrial, Head of House Mandilor, Midway
-Edrial
-Head of House Mandilor, Midway
-Head of Crimson Steel
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn looks over the rules*

Hm, this mentions nothing about the tax credit for having a Healers and Charities Guild in town.
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Magistrate of House DeVris
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

*Gunnar looks over the notice...*

"Hmm nice, once more... I see Shelton times are a changing."

*Than walks back over to his spot gathers up his map's and scroll's packs them away neatly. He pats the side of his messengers bag an walks out. Does not look back or reply to anyone as he just simple walks out, whistling to himself.*
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
NPC SoCo
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC SoCo »

I expect everyone to report to me or one of my members in three weeks time to register.
If you miss this date then you will need to let me know or one of my members or i will not consider you a member of an organization.

Daniel
Keeper of the 5th Tome of House ToeVass
"INVICTUS" by William Ernest Henly
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS

Player Ombudsman
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

Daniel I will give you a list of my member but this moon. But I will be out of the area for sometime do to House business. Mag's has the voice of the House until I return for Jakoric. As for the Guilds I am in charge of I will get you that as well. I am sorry I have not been around as of late but duty does call.
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
NPC SoCo
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC SoCo »

I understand that.

VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS

Player Ombudsman
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Someone in your House was gathering a list for you already, but I can't recall who.
NPC Kees
Greenie
Greenie

Post by NPC Kees »

Gekek gots a pretty good list goin already, at least of peoples that was around a few days ago and at the meetin. I think he scribed gthe meetin ifn' y'all wanted to look over his notes Daniel.
Making sure ALL the voices in my head can come out and play
NPC SoCo
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC SoCo »

So we no longer are required to keep a ledger if we are in a guild and house. Edrial, may I throw out my old ledger? I would have to look but I do not believe I've sold anything in a long time.

VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS

Player Ombudsman
Edrial
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Edrial »

I would ask that old ledgers be turned into me. I don't distrust Edricks record keeping, but I want to be able to answer any questions about past taxes if necassary. if we have a few moons of no questions, we can have a big ledger burning party at the gather.
-Edrial
-Head of House Mandilor, Midway
-Head of Crimson Steel