The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

celegar
The Thanedom's Taste Tester
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Re: message

Post by celegar »

*ziggy pauses for a moment, stands and walks to the door, pausing to glance back at kathryn before walking outside*
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

*quizzical look*

Anyone inclined to is welcome to Scry on me to their hearts content. I haven't said a damn thing about your investigation, because I don't know anything. Until 30 seconds ago, I didn't even know there WAS an investigation, so now who needs to watch their mouth?

I'm only trying to keep a few people alive by warning them to watch their backs. I'm not going to put the lives of more people in jeopardy because you're paranoid about scryers watching everything. If these murderers have evaded both DeVris AND Jakoric for this long, then they know damn well everything I've been saying, and probably far longer than I've known it, and probably without the need for Scrying.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn shakes her head angrily*
You still don't get it.

*She turns and walks out, following Ziggy*
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

*Before Kathrine walks out the door Gunnar stops drink and looks over at her. His face is filled a visible rage as his voice stay very calm but very clear.*

"Dear Lady you have not reason to sling blame upon my House. I have backed you and did my job without error. I have even been doing it with you so for more than the last year. I am sorry you think that because I have not been around to help out. I was not or have not been doing my job. I am sorry to say that would be a lie. Why have I not set foot in the local area as of late. It is just that very reason you slammed upon about my house. I have been looking into the movements of things. Things we have help to stop and things we have had attack us. It is not my place to tell my betters no. It is my place to as a soldier and as a master of arms to do my duty to this Kingdom. So I please rethink your place about my House I am not your enemy I am a friend. But I do not take being slammed like that because a few town folks are rattled. If you have a problem with me or my house please talk to me in private. I would never step so low as to slander your House in public. It is not the right thing to do, even if I feel that a few of your members are less than able to get the job done. An note this Kathrine does not mean you. For you are not one of those folks I count in that pool who can not get the job done. I have put my life in your hands more than once. I am sorry if you think I am some how at fault here. So please let us go talk as if we where better than name calling or having a public pissing contest. If you do not mind talking to me as a friend and not as your enemy."
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn pauses*

Gunner, of course I did not mean you personally. You have always borne the responsibilities of your House diligently.

*she gestures in the direction Mags left*

Unfortunately, you are a rare sort when compared to most. I sling blame not on your House, but on the local members of your House. It is a pattern that repeats incessantly and predictably as one round of members trains the next. I hope you can be the one to change things. If you care to come with Ziggy and me, we can speak privately.
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Magistrate of House DeVris
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

*Gunnar looks as if he was starting to relax. He smile a little but it is more of a rye smile.*

"Okay Lady Kathrine I would like to hear what has being going on. So that I might help fix it by placing orders down the chain. I have heard a few thing I would also like to get confirmed by locals as well. So yes please I would like to go for a walk with you and Ziggy, if you both do not mind?"

*Gunnar places his tankard back on the table and gathers up his items...*
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
Crunch
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Crunch »

*Crunch's eyes have been glazed over for the majority of the conversation. Suddenly he springs to life and speaks up*

"All fancy talk confuse. But if man stab person here than Crunch stab man. Not all problem have fancy answer. Sometime Crunch be smarter than smart people."

*Crunch then reclines smugly after solving the problem*
I can't sew well, but I have a rivet gun and know how to use it.