Tax Concerns
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Tax Concerns

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

It has been brought to my attention that some town members have not been paying their taxes. I will be researching into these claims. If you come to me now and confess your transgressions, I will put a good word in for you with Lady Catherine. If you do not, the full extent of the law will come down on you. You have been warned.

If you have been following the kings law and paying your taxes as required, you have nothing to fear and have my thanks!

(OGG: This is not directed towards any new players. If you have any questions about the Kings law or how taxes work as a new player please come see me. I will gladely explain and help you get setup. You will not be punished for somehting you did not know about! :D )
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
X-GM Snow
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Re: Tax Concerns

Post by X-GM Snow »

"The only thing I spent coin on this year, aside from ale, was a potion that cost me 2 pemb. Would you like your taxes now, or later?"

*Valkren grins*
-GM Snow

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, did you try to kill that Unicorn?"

"Does my answer matter? You're going to try and kill me anyway."

"You're not wrong." *Deathstrike*
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Sorrows walks into the inn a few moments after Stormbane little sqauking. Looks around the room for a second then heads over to the table nearest the door. He than pulls out some potion.*

"Stormbane of Mandalor I have question you answer! How much is you cut of me selling my wears? So come over so I break no laws of land. Than once is done I can sell to all members of your land."

*Sorrows than pulls out a lab and make himself a drink that is most foul smelling.*
Bassi Forni of the Helmsplitter Clan
Wielder of the Forni Do'Bak
pdusen
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by pdusen »

Jasper looks up from writing in a thick book and listens to Edrick. After a moment he says, "No offense intended, Edrick, but didn't you just make basically the same speech a few moons ago? Can't we just assume that researching into tax evasion is what you're always doing?"
Elias, Sword for Hire
Company of the New Dawn

Brother Jasper
Monastic Order of Tue-mek
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

*Edrick seems annoyed at some of the responses*

Valkren, if you have not learned what is taxed and what is not by now, listen very carfuly. If you SELL any item or service for the kings coin it is taxed and you must have a writ or belong to the proper orginization.

Bother Jasper, I can not help if it takes people many moons to wake up and realize I said something. The investigation I was refering to is completed and closed out. And I have not brought any additional claims to the table recently.

Sorrow, I will gladely work with you and thank you for your inquiry. It is my belief you are part of the Alchemy guild which gives you the right to sell your potions for King's coin. The tax rate is 30% or 1/3 of the money you make on your sells. You must keep a ledger of what you sell and turn in your taxes into a Mandilore repersentitive every moon.
Do you have any questions.
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Sorrows snarls almost to a growl at the other Stormbane. Than gumbles at Edrick and Jasper.*

"Yes i member of guild. I ask about you cut. "

*Than Sorrows makes a cackling kind of snicker. It almost sounds like a frog on its dead bed.*

"You understand anicent tongues of my people than you read my scroll. Otherwise you going to need to learn. Or you pay Cordel or Longclaw to read it. Cus i know not human scribes. Not worth time to learn human scribes. Must learn more craft before i travel back into my woods. How much you want for you teach only me mastery of craft?"
olaf

Post by olaf »

"So! Should an axe be sold for two Wald, 30% slices off six Verlan. A solid cut - likely a mortal wound! The severed money is then used to construct roads, buildings, and armies. Should a 10 mile road cost 3 bar, the six verlan ripped from the axe sale pays for 1045.5 feet of the road, or about 10,000 cobblestones. That make axe worth more than 30,000 cobblestones! Olaf rather hit foe with the cobblestones than the axe!"
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Sorrows looks over at Olaf with a snear on his face. Than drinks his foul smelling drink quickly.*
"You thinks to much human, you drink more."
*Sorrows pulls out a large wine skin an fills his tankard. Than offers Olaf some of the elks blood wine.*
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Sorrow, I can teach you the ways of the Kingdom of Silverthorn language. Until that can happen I will help you with your ledger. You keep your records in the language you know and I will work with when you turn in your taxes. I will convert your sales into the kings language at that time. What I have noticed, numbers are universal between the races. One might be call different names, but they all mean the same.

Mandilore is here to help. One just needs to ask.
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Sorrows looks at Edrick with a dagger like stair of offense. His tone is more a snarl and less his normal voice.*

"Sorrow no learn human scribing! Sorrow knows speak, good enough. An our one is our one. Human one is human one. An how one the same? You an Sorrows not same. So no not same. You scribe like Human, not like Sorrows. You help okay, I no scribe human."

*Sorrows pours himself one more tankard full of that rotten foul liquor. Than this time drinks it slowly... Than looks at Olaf and Edrick and offers them some.*

"You Olaf drink? Edrick you drink? So all the same."
olaf

Post by olaf »

Olaf takes a big gulp from his mug and frowns, considering it. "Perhaps this is how goat piss tastes. It is most foul!"

He then reaches his mug over to Sorrows. "Yes! Olaf will have more!"
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

*Edrick looks confused at Sarrows reaction and then grins*

You are correct, the symbol for one is scribed differently, but the meaning is the same. Since you are the first to ever come to me with this issue, I'm willing to work with you. Just come to me to pay your taxes and I will make sure you are covered.

As for your drink, I'll pass. I tend not to drink any alchol. It makes my thinking to fuzzy and have to much work to get done. But thank you anyways.
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Sorrows snickers at Olaf, than pour more into his tankard.*

"No this no taste like goat. It is form donkadilla. Much stronger, much better, put hair on back for winter. You need hair on back form this winter. others wise you look like long ear over there..." *Sorrows points over at very old elf. He than starts crackling at Olaf.*

*Than he looks at Edrcik with a snarl resting on his lips once he stops crackling at Olafs comment.*

"We drink makes word strong.. I get gnomes cup so you sharp.. deal.!" *he dig through his side bag for a moment to come up with a very small cup like object.. (i.E. it is a quarter alchemical measuring flask.) he pour half full in the object. Than slides it over to Edrick.* "Drink so deal strong.. Olaf strong he drink. he dead no.."

"Hmm scribe sign mean same not same shape."
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

* Edrick eye borws arch up and takes the drink and slams it down. He turns green and does his best not to cough*

Wow, that is some intresting stuff. I can feel the hair growing already. Thank you for the drink Sorrows.

*Edrick shakes his head to clear it and gets up to get some water to wash the rest of the drink down*
Sadot
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Sadot »

*Sorrows cracks a smile at Edrick.*

"So no bad you walks off. After we talk selling wares."