Argath walks up to the noticeboard and pins up a flyer...
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Dimaethor
Pinky
Pinky

Argath walks up to the noticeboard and pins up a flyer...

Post by Dimaethor »

The town guard has received information regarding a possible threat to the security of the town and would like all towns-folk to please report any Valken'Vi in town to the town guard as soon as they are sighted, and to consider Valken'Vi as a threat to the town of Midway, but they should not be attacked unless provoked.

The following Valken'Vi are excluded from this posting and sightings of them do not need to be reported and they do not need to be considered a threat based on this information:
Taleous
Whisper

Please share this message word for word with those who cannot read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next couple of days Argath relays this information verbally to those who cannot read.
-- Dimaethor Gul'Vagor
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Argath walks up to the noticeboard and pins up a flyer..

Post by Darthesis »

Interesting, I haven't seen this level of focused racial profiling since we had a large number of dwarves in town not trusting elves. Can you offer any background as to why such a proclamation is required? I'm sure there is reason, I just haven't been around to see it.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

I've been here, and I'm as lost as you are... though I don't know how much good that proclamation is going to do.
Any Valken'vi looking to cause trouble is not going to be easy to spot, and certainly isn't going to hang around afterward for the Town Guard to show up.
More likely some nitwit with more money than brains lost at cards to one of Taleous' buddies, and now he's trying to cause a panic. Every peasant with a hooded cloak is probably going to get jumped by drunken hooligans for the next couple moons.
Dimaethor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dimaethor »

Any unprovoked attack, especially on peaceful Valken'Vi or the peasantry, will be cause for immediate arrest and recommendation for the harshest penalties to Devris. The point is not to racially profile it is deal with a threat that would in almost all cases be coming from a Valken'Vi at this time.

I will work on making this issue more transparent, but as of right now I can't disclose any more information. Keep in mind this is not a free pass to harass Valken'Vi, just a necessary dissemination of information on a potential threat, a warning to protect the people of midway.
-- Dimaethor Gul'Vagor