Anya's Job Board
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Anya
Drinking Contest Contender

Anya's Job Board

Post by Anya »

Anya walks into the tavern humming to herself and drops a small basket of cookies off at the bar with a “free” sign on it. She then moves to the job board and reads over all the postings, before she starts rearranging them, clearing space on the board. Finally she posts three things on it and then walks over to an unoccupied table, sits down to start reading, while continuing to hum to herself. She stops humming and looks around the tavern, "For those interested in work, and need coin, you may wish to check the postings I just made. I am paying quite well for the components I require." She smiles looks back down at her book and returns to humming.

“Wanted: 25 strands of Banshee hair. Must be freshly gathered and a minimum of 1 foot in length. Paying: 8 wald. Additional coins will be given if it comes with the story of how it was gotten.”

“Wanted: Complete skeletal remains of a Blink Cat. Paying: 4 wald. Additional coins for not having to kill one to get this.”

“Wanted: Death-Turtle parts. Need sinew, shell and bones, nothing else. Paying: 4 Wald. Additional coins if I only get the listed parts, clean of gore.”

In small writing at the end of the each of the postings, “Payable by Anya Stanslinski.”
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Re: Anya's Job Board

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Ok, I'm curious now. What are you making? Those are some not so easy to get components! But your pay is very fair! :D And not to mention the taxes these jobs will bring in!

Folks, make sure you are part of a merc company or have writ to do this type of work. These are taxable unless Anya is not paying in the kings coin.

Or Anya are you head of a merc company and handling the taxes for these job through the merc guild?
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Anya

Post by Anya »

Anya smiles, "Oh... just a little something... And honestly, the Banshee is probably the only "hard" task there. The turtle could be kite killed and the cat... find a resting spot for one and you don't have to fight at all."

"The townsfolk have been grumbling about money disappearing so I am offering them a very well paying opportunity to get me things that I need. As for the tax thing..." She grins, "Consider me simply letting folks know what I am looking for. It costs me no taxes to BUY things, now does it? Only to sell them."

She shrugs one shoulder, "I am willing to pay the Banshee job in gems. The story, should it be impressive enough, will grab the person or group that brings me what I asked an additional 2 wald. So 10 wald for the 25 strands of hair. I say that seems fair enough .... and not taxable in the least." She frowns slightly, "Correct, dear taxman?"
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

That is correct. You do not have to pay any taxes on what you are doing. But the people who do the worka nd get paid must pay taxes and have the proper paper work to do the job. Which is as easy as talking to me or the local merc guild head which is Jason Blackstone. We will make sure folks can legaly take on this work and pay their taxes.

What you are doing Anya is a very good thing. I'm considering doing some of work myself. But will wait to see if anyone else wants to do it before I get involved.
Kestrel
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Kestrel »

Kestrel nonchalantly approaches the cookies, snags a couple and scampers out.
Wood Elfling
Anya

Post by Anya »

Anya teleports into the Inn in front of the posting boards and reads over what is there before making several postings of her own.

"Whoever has my posting for the "wanted: banshee hair" if you succeeded and I had left before you had chance to collect reward, please contact me before Blood Moon or I will be posting again and the previous listing will be null and void. ~Anya"

Second posting:

"Current spell weaving orders have been completed. Please contact me if you would like to book my next creation or discuss the cost of something you would like crafted. ~Anya"

She limps over to a table with the aid of a staff and sits down to start writing in a book.
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Jewels
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by Jewels »

Jewels fallows her over to the table and leans in speaking low
Dux mendacii
Jewelious brierheart of the moonshadow clan
Member of jakoric
Head of luxury guild midway
Head of sensious guild midway
Hooch master extraordinaire
Purloiner & purveyor of relics and lost artifacts
Anya

Post by Anya »

Anya closes the book and listens to Jewels before quietly replying to him.
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

On a side note, the folks who did Anya's jobs still need to pay taxes on them. I will be collecting them this coming moon. If there is questions or concerns on the taxes, please come seem me. I will work with and make everything right, espically if you are new to the town. I will not be so nice if I have to track you down.